• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I'd call this a really good game (when it actually works) that still has some really questionable design choices.
First of all the hub area is boring as hell and it takes way too long to actually get into the game. Then
- flying overheats too quickly
- not enough enemies in freeroam
- boring world events (gather fragments is so mundane to do solo)
- you even get teleported back to this stupid event during FREE-roam
- abilities feel not balanced at all

I'm looking forward to the full version, but Bioware really should focus on making everything FUN TO PLAY instead of fun to watch.
From my limited time playing so far, you can cool your jets by diving. So in theory you can fly for a long time by rising and diving to refill the bar.

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
I would like to thank all of the beta testers yesterday and today. Your experience has convinced me to wait until after release. Needs bug fixes, network code, and probably feature tweaking before I give it a go. I'm really curious how this reviews now.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
From my limited time playing so far, you can cool your jets by diving. So in theory you can fly for a long time by rising and diving to refill the bar.
And get close to water wich is alot in the game. You can extend your fly time by alot. And from what i see from upgrades you can extend it even more with that also.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is missing cool effects when you headshot stuff. It sounds like a small a thing, but that makes shooting well feel so much better.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Man the UI and menus are terrible. I have a little more respect for Destinys UI now.

Aside from that.. gameplay is good once you unlock other javelins/loadouts.

Flying is horrible on PC.

Optimization isnt good. I should be getting more than 60/70 fps on a 2080.

Load screens... yikes.

I give it a 6.5 so far. Curious to see more endgame videos next week.

1upmuffin

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So, I got a beta invite from a friend, the client says I'm in the beta, the website says I'm in the beta, but when I launch the game, it says I'm not invited.

KINGofCRA5H

Oct 25, 2017
Napa, CA
Wait, I thought you couldn't unlock the storm until level 15? I figured it glitched for me last night and the game just gave it to me. I had just hit level 12 I think, when I went to the Forge it let me unlock a Javelin.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Prioritizing Frostbite above all else this generation has been a complete disaster for EA
But Battlefield and Battlefront reviews raved about the graphics - that means Frostbite is great for every kind of game, right?

Hugely impactful, company-wide tech decisions being made by high ranking people who have no clue what they're talking about.

Oct 27, 2017
In part there is no doubt.

Parts of this were absolutely made by the Andromeda team. Like, a lot of stuff in this game is straight up lifted from Andromeda. Everything from the exact same sound files to movement, etc.

This game was in no way built from the ground up at Edmonton. They started with Andromeda, stripped out the ME stuff and turned the main character into a mech that can fly.
Are you serious? Then what was Edmonton working on for all those years?

benj

Oct 27, 2017
This game's cosmetic customization is incredible. I love when games let you rough up your characters a bit.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Also, if you haven't worked on this game and, in fact, haven't worked on any game, maybe chill on opining about exactly how this game was made or exactly how many months of work they'll have to put in for this to be polished.

Kaleide

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Loaded it up because it sounded like it was working for most people and got stuck at the mission loading screen again. This is so frustrating

Jorgie

Mar 28, 2018
Philadelphia
Also, if you haven't worked on this game and, in fact, haven't worked on any game, maybe chill on opining about exactly how this game was made or exactly how many months of work they'll have to put in for this to be polished.

tenor.gif

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
So I pushed through the technical issues and played quite a bit yesterday.

General Impressions:

Moment to moment gameplay is fun. The combat can be quite challenging when you're not overgeared. When you start getting a build together, click with the movement system, and utilize the combo systems, it really shines. Can't say much about the story as the missions available are more of a side story than anything with major implications and that's fine. The conversations with NPCs in Fort Tarsis are entertaining. No idea if they actually matter in the long run or not.

It definitely needs some improvements though.

-Flight controls; Swimming controls. These have supposedly been addressed but not in this build. We'll see I suppose.

-UI Readability is poor. This has also supposedly been addressed.

-Objective Markers. This could technically fit with UI readability I suppose but it's not HUD. It can be extremely difficult at times to see where your objective is or how to progress the current objective. The Echo collection objective in particular is very obtuse and confusing if you haven't seen it done before your first attempt.

-Swimming. I mentioned the controls already but I'm mentioning it again because swimming is the worst experience in the game. You can't see anything. Control is terrible. And there are progression points that your group can be stuck behind if a single person can't figure out the path (which is common).

If they can get those issues squared away and obviously get the technical problems addressed, then I think this game will do quite well. There looks to be plenty opportunity for build diversity, customization, and the combat is both fun AND can be frustratingly challenging (room to appeal to different player types). I could definitely see myself playing this alongside The Division 2 and Destiny.

Oct 25, 2017
Demo is fun when it works. Unfortunately it doesn't work very often.

Also really annoying is how "console-like" the menus and controls are on PC.

Volume sliders are not actual sliders and I have to hold down the arrows, holding down keys for confirming, the default flying/swimming mouse response being like 25% (which gets much better with it turned all the way up)

very annoying little stuff all around

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know what to do :/ it says I have access to demo when I log into the site, but when I boot up on ps4 says I don't have access to the demo.

First thing it made me do was update my password, but that didn't even reflect on my account at all...

Is their a way to unlink and re link accounts for demo?

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if anyone else has tried this but I found raising the bullet dB to max in the sound options helped give a little more oomph to combat, like a extra little punch to everything I was shooting.

It may just have been in my head though. It was late at night, wife and kids were sleeping and I had headphones on.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't gotten past the hub a single time on PC. Always freezes during the loading screen if I try to start a mission or freeplay.

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I really want to change my weapon to right or left position.
The game has a lot of bugs in damage. Sniper can hit you through rocks or walls and sometimes your shield and life goes down instantly to 1%

LOVE STORM!

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoying the gameplay, although solo it feels like Borderlands in that the bosses are sponges and you have to kite them. Was much better with a group. REALLY irritated that the game always freezes when I log out so next time I'm in, I have to re-adjust all my settings again. The default mouse sensitivity for everything is ridiculously slow.

esseesse

Oct 27, 2017
I had a mild interest for this game. This Beta/Demo is horrendous. Its impressive to me how after all these years these things still happen. Sorry EA, not interested.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Free play on the X runs a little smoother but it still doesn't feel as good as the alpha. I was really impressed with the alpha but this gives me pause about my preorder. Keeping an open mind but Im looking forward to the Division 2. Might wait and see how this launches and then decide.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Wonder what the agreements were for all the content creators who went to that event. I have watched a lot of those videos and only Brad of giant bomb briefly mentions the stability wasn't so hot. I am hoping next weekend will be smoothed but man, there is a decent chance between two demo weekends my friends and I will not even be able to play together for one minute. That is bad. We played a ton of Division and Wildlands betas which eventually sold us on the game. This is the opposite. We were all hyped to probably buy this game but demos is giving us a rethink. Why would you ever out a "demo" out in this state. Horrible first impression.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Despite the performance issues, I seriously love this game and it's absolutely one of the most beautiful games I've ever played on my PC, glitches and all. Playing this on a 4K TV @ 60 FPS (when it holds) is just sublime.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Where can I find info on crafting? Is it possible in the demo? Or are the only drops from enemies and after mission rewards

You can craft weapons for example if you make enough kills with them (must be done per weapon).
The first level will unlock the green blueprint, the second level the blue blueprint.

Thats the maximum you can do in the demo.
To craft blue for example you will need blue embers and weapon parts - both you can find around the map during normal missions or freeplay.

Other gear can also be crafted and for some you need to salvage other parts of the same kind.
All have certain conditions that you can check during the missions with J.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
Sooo, did they forget to hire a composer for the game? Game feels lifeless without music. Tarsis is so bland. The performance on PC is so weird. Its only like a 20FPS difference between Ultra and Low for me on a GTX970. I really wanted to like the game, but it's making a terrible first impression IMO. Signed up for a month of EA Access on Xbox as well. Maybe it plays better with a controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.