• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
Reading the last few pages this demo seems like an utter disaster... This whole saga surrounding this game has been so depressing. Forcing everyone to shoehorn their games into Frostibite will go down as one of the worst executive decisions in modern gaming. Causes nothing but problems, frustration and unnecessary labor/cost. I can't help but think how this sort of word of mouth will end up impacting sales and what that might mean at EA.

stepee

Jan 29, 2018
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but this thread is 55 pages but if you want to use resolution scale on pc (missing from options and ini) you can. Edit ProfileOptions_profile and add the line: GstRender.ResolutionScale 1.0000000 and save (just keeping it in default)

From there you can change it to say 0.8000000 for 80% res scale etc. Tested this at 20% to easily confirm it works.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Reading the last few pages this demo seems like an utter disaster... This whole saga surrounding this game has been so depressing. I can't help but think how this sort of word of mouth will end up impacting sales and what that might mean at EA
Yuuup. There is no better argument against buying this game than this demo.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Really disappointing how they couldn't even get the out of mission hub stuff right after so many examples of good hubs existing out there.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Reading the last few pages this demo seems like an utter disaster... This whole saga surrounding this game has been so depressing. Forcing everyone to shoehorn their games into Frostibite will go down as one of the worst executive decisions in modern gaming. Causes nothing but problems, frustration and unnecessary labor/cost. I can't help but think how this sort of word of mouth will end up impacting sales and what that might mean at EA.

I knew from the alpha this game was gonna be a disaster but obviously couldn't say as much. You know that gut feeling you get when you want a game to be really good but know it's doomed?

I had that feeling playing this game.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
Yuuup. There is no better argument against buying this game than this demo.

Forcing all their studios to use Frostbite has got to be one of the worst executive decisions in modern gaming. So much pointless frustration, technical hurdles and extra labor/cost. Right up there with some of the monetization catastrophes.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Forcing all their studios to use Frostbite has got to be one of the worst executive decisions in modern gaming. So much pointless frustration, technical hurdles and extra labor/cost. Right up there with some of the monetization catastrophes.
Yea that's going to be looked back upon as a horrific decision by EA.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I am trying to quickplay but nothing is happening. Do I just need to wait for a group to fill up?

Edit: nm figured it out

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017

Yea that's going to be looked back upon as a horrific decision by EA.

Definitely. It feels like BioWare is hindered by it. You can almost trace a lot of their problems down to being forced to utilize Frostbite. They need to be able to use an engine they are both familiar and comfortable with. Frostbite produces good visuals, but it's not a good engine for BioWare.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
How did something think it was a good fucking idea to force walking in the social area. You serious?

s y

Nov 8, 2017
how the fuck do i get the cages with the echoes to open in tyrant mine stronghold?

The Flop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the power of Camila Cabello I beat the load screen boss on Xbox one X! Havanna Oh na na here I come Anthem demo!

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
I knew from the alpha this game was gonna be a disaster but obviously couldn't say as much. You know that gut feeling you get when you want a game to be really good but know it's doomed?

I had that feeling playing this game.
After Andromeda I think there are going to be a lot of very angry fans of the game actually does end up launching in this sort of state. Frankly I'm shocked EA thought it was a good idea to release a demo like this. They had to know it was going to result in a flood of negative WOM surrounding the game and impact its potential sales. Couple that WOM with a general level of apathy and ... well maybe I should short some EA stock.

Deleted member 1845

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played for about 6 to 7 hours today on PC, I'm in love. Had a few server issues but nothing I couldn't get past. The only strange thing is unlike the closed alpha, the skill trees are missing.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Even setting aside the technical issues, I think the game is just not that interesting. If I were going to play a loot shooter like this, I'd go back to Destiny 2. And I hate Destiny 2.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played around in the social area but I gotta hit the sack now.

Still can't get my friend codes to load on the EA page though haha.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017

It has to be one of the dumbest decisions a publisher has made this gen. I wonder how many studios Frostbite will claim before it's all said and done.

At this point, even in games it's designed for, like BFV, it's a fucking disaster with legacy bugs everywhere and the game being a visual mess at all times.

Congrats to EA on saving a couple bucks by not using another engine though. Definitely worth it.

Stargypsy

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Not logging in anymore tonight. I'll take a crack at the second mission boss tomorrow. Rubber banding and then losing your health closing pop-up screens is so frustrating.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
The way this game functions on PC after 11 hours is just ridiculous.

The infinite loading, the weird issues I've had with mission progression bugging out/enemies being invisible and incorporeal but able to hit me...

This game needs months. I hate to say it, but this is such a rough experience.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Well it looks cool.

Lots of bullet sponge enemies and it feels goofy. The underwater controls are absolutely horrible. I can't see where I am going and when I do move it's jerky and way imprecise.

I am getting zero sense of character or world here. Not even sure what I am doing. The movement overall is just miserable.

Can we cancel our preorders?

Last edited:

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
The way this game functions on PC after 11 hours is just ridiculous.

The infinite loading, the weird issues I've had with mission progression bugging out/enemies being invisible and incorporeal but able to hit me...

This game needs months. I hate to say it, but this is such a rough experience.
Hey man...it's a demo, it's not what the final product will be like...says Era. LMAO. A month away from release.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Frostbite has been a nightmare this gen Jesus. Hub world still runs like ass on the X like the alpha, just bugs everywhere. I really want this game to be good, but I'm just not feeling it especially the shooting. Best thing is the deep armor customization. The guns just like lack punch/impact, and just feel like staple guns. They nailed the abilities though.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Well I spoke too soon. Back to infinity loading screen. At least I was able to complete the second mission.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Finally got in and was able to play a bit. Seems fun so far, although I kept having issues with loading screens not completing all the way. Also, Fort Tarsus seems weirdly quiet, like the sound mixing is off in there. Otherwise, I look forward to playing more when it's a little more stable.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
After Andromeda I think there are going to be a lot of very angry fans of the game actually does end up launching in this sort of state. Frankly I'm shocked EA thought it was a good idea to release a demo like this. They had to know it was going to result in a flood of negative WOM surrounding the game and impact its potential sales. Couple that WOM with a general level of apathy and ... well maybe I should short some EA stock.

Seeing how Battlefield V launched (I bought the $80 version and still enjoy it), this is how the game is going to launch. Expect Anthem to also go half off a month or two after release just like Battlefield V did.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
It's kinda fun from what I could play. I'm not up on this kind of game but this demo is hard to want to mess with. I was able to play one mission and the other 3-4 times I tried I got stuck in the load screen.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
Experienced a disconnect/crash and was able to rejoin a mission, but we couldn't find the last fragment after that crash:
Gf7L4r7.jpg

So Dead Prince suggested we drown ourselves:

So we did and it restarted that section for us and we were able to continue:

But it didn't make a difference because 3 crashes later we got tossed into the HUB with no option to resume.

CH9XS5V.gif

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Man, the combat is really fun in this game, but these rough edges cut deep into that fun. Even ignoring the infinite load bug, these load times for an open world game are pretty abysmal. And this is with the game installed to an NVME SSD.

Holograms

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I was finally able to connect and play around a bit. It's true that the KBM controls are just clunky. I know they are fixing it, but it is very much hampering my enjoyment. This, with the very glitchy combat, the goofy sounding guns, the enemy AI bugging out, it just feels 'hollow' and aimless in a lot of ways. Not sure what the point is.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've played an hour and a half

And outside connection errors, these are my major qualms-

-It takes too long to do anything in the menus.
-The main hub sucks for how slow you move. Why do you have these huge rooms of essentially nothing?

So let me clarify my first point. Everything takes too long. It's not snappy. Changing a load out? You have to hover the camera over the point you want to change. Not a cursor, but the actual camera. And it looks bad and awkward and because you're slowly moving the camera in front of your javelin it's all slow? Why can't I use the dpad to just go up and down the list of things to change?

Likewise, salvaging requires you to hold X. Now this isn't a problem. But there wasn't a 'salvage all' button that I saw. But it gets worse. It takes about 2 seconds for the salvage bar to fill up, then another second for a light to go around the edge of the weapon/item icon, and then it gets salvaged??? Why is there this freaking song and dance around salvaging!? Just let me press X and salvage it or let me press Y to salvage all. I can see this becoming annoying in the full game, when you finish a mission or stronghold or whatever and having to go through like 20 different items.

And everything in the menu really takes a long time to do. Want to exit the menu? You have to hold B for some reason. Want to change pieces of armor? Like mentioned above, you have to move the camera awkwardly because the reticle is stuck to it, and hover it over each part. When changing paint it's snappy, just clicking dpad, but...yeah..

also the menu is pretty cluttered.

Like...arguing about the menu may seem petty, but in a loot game, having a fast snappy menu is essential to the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.