• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Can't connect to the servers half the time. When I do, the game crashes within 10 minutes. I'm running the latest Nvidia drivers for my GTX 1070 and have zero issues with other games.

qVimLbz.png

Game has a weird delay/motion blue effect even when I disabled motion blur in the settings. The overload of missions, systems, things to do, people to talk to, etc, is not intuitive at all.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Game has a weird delay/motion blue effect even when I disabled motion blur in the settings. The overload of missions, systems, things to do, people to talk to, etc, is not intuitive at all.
You really don't need to talk to that many people fwiw. The missions gives you clear waypoints and I think there was a grand total of like 5 necessary conversations on my way through the 3 story missions in the demo.

Just follow that blue dot and you should be hunky dory.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3x in a row now Infinite loading screen when entering expeditions

If this happens again I guess I'm done with this

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not sure how to feel about this "demo". In some areas, it made me feel better about the game. In other areas, holy mother of god this is awful.

Pros:

- the combat is a lot better than I expected. The movement feels good to utilize in combat and the abilities can be fun. Combos are cool.

- I absolutely LOVE this sniper I got. It has 1 round in the mag and a long reload, but that round does a ton of damage and creates a giant explosion. It's really satisfying to use.

- the flying itself is cool, and it feels really cool to just fly through these canyons and treelines.

- Storm is fucking amazing. All the abilities have a really nice oomph to them and the dodge + hover feels better than Ranger.

- Music seems good from what little I've heard, especially the menu music.

Cons:

- I really do not like the overheating mechanic for flight. It just feels really.....unnecessary for the sake of being annoying? It creates meaningless roadblocks in exploration forcing you to find some water or take a nosedive. But why does this need to be a thing? I don't mind it as much in combat but it feels really sudden and weird when you overheat in combat then just splat into the floor.

- the enemies in this game couldn't be more boring. Most of them don't do anything really special. None of them really force me to change things up. It feels like they're just there for you to see how big your numbers can get, rather than challenge you. The Titans in the third mission are the worst example. Not only are they spongey as fuck, they don't......do anything really. They shoot out these rings of fire that are impossible to get hit by if you're paying any attention, then after that they just throw a rock at you every 30 seconds or so.

- the mission design gives me flashbacks of Destiny 1. Go find a thing and defend it against waves of ads. Go find other thing and do the same. Now go to boss room and spend 15 minutes killing it. Mission over. It was neat to see a puzzle in the first mission, but it felt very random, out of place, and wasn't really explained very well?

- what little we've seen of the map isn't very interesting so far. There isn't really much to do but I feel like this is one of the things that is most likely to be different at launch due to them not wanting to show everything in a demo.

- LOADING SCREENS

- Ranger is super boring and generic but I'm guessing that's the point for more casual players.

- some of the weapons feel downright terrible. A Marksman rifle I tried out not only felt janky with it's recoil, but it sounded like I was banging a garbage can. The shotgun I tried also felt very underwhelming in terms of damage and I felt like I was reloading way more than I was shooting it.

- the menus are kinda confusing

- the game feels really laggy when it comes to responding to your inputs for abilities

- there can be so much visual clutter in combat

- why can't I sprint in Fort Tarsis? There technically is a "sprint" but it feels no faster than the normal walking.

- the game doesn't do a good job at "telling" you things in combat. I've had numerous times where suddenly I'm almost dead, because I was given no feedback that I was being shot at. There's also no warning whatsoever that you're about to overheat. Most of the time I'm not going to be focusing on the bar at the bottom of the screen. It would be nice if you got a more noticeable warning.

- I really don't like that you can't see what your loot drops are until after missions. It's hard to get excited when you just see "common item" or "rare item". At the very least I would like to see what it is even if I can't look at it's stats until afterwards.

I still haven't done the Stronghold and I still have to try out a couple more weapon types, but overall, this will continue to be a wait and see game for me. Ive enjoyed my time with the demo but I feel like that enjoyment is going to die out quickly due to all these other issues. It worries me that a lot of this stuff won't get fixed due to the launch being, what, 3 weeks away?

Sadly it just feels like there won't be enough to keep me interested in this game for long. I hope I'm eventually wrong but I'm not optimistic.

sorry for the stupidly long post lol

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
So after a friend and I finally got in on Xbox and customized our javelins, we both crashed and now can't get back in hahaha

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cant you hold triangle (ps4) or whatever button depending on the platform you're using, at the bottom left it should say javelins and you hold the button and it should pop up an option to unlock another javelin.
I'm on PC, I got the message I unlocked Colossus, but it's not there when I check the forge.

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit

That's honestly unbelievable they thought it was ok to release the demo in this state

The game's terrible online system DDoS'd Origin due to sending too many requests to EA servers.

""New #1,291 So I'm the guy on GAF who did the packet captures of No Man's Sky at launch to prove it had no multiplayer. I did packet capture on Anthem and it has the opposite problem. If it fails to connect it floods their servers trying to reconnect. They've created a condition where they're DDoS themselves, and EA.""

They just forgot some of the code.

Eriol

Oct 27, 2017
Santiago, Chile
played all the avaialble missions on the evening, now i played the stronghold and everyone left, when i ty to reconnect, saysinternal error D:, on PC

ravn0s

Oct 29, 2017
I'm on PC and can't connect to the servers at all and the game keeps reloading. Imagine if this was the official day of release.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Played about 2 hours. Got some issues with it and hope they are taking feedback/willing to change things still. These are my opinion obviously, and maybe my time playing Warframe and Destiny are skewing what I want.

- Downed ally symbol and visual alert needs to be bigger and more apparent.
- quest location / next objective marker needs to be more visually obvious. Making it the same teal blue as the teammate markers is silly
- location of the objective needs to keep its marker
- Teleport to teammates is great, but wish it was a bit more logical. Several times I was coming right up on my group and got teleported with a long load screen instead of the two seconds to get there.
- the water area on the way to the spider boss was the most confusing thing ive done in a game in years. They gotta work on their direction and swimming if sections like this are going to exist.

In general other than performance issues these are my gripes. I just want the markers for things really to be more obvious or allow us to adjust the scale of them ourselves.

Last edited:

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
- I absolutely LOVE this sniper I got. It has 1 round in the mag and a long reload, but that round does a ton of damage and creates a giant explosion. It's really satisfying to use.
I have the same gun and also like it very much. Annihilating small packs with a single bullet is a good feeling.
- I really don't like that you can't see what your loot drops are until after missions. It's hard to get excited when you just see "common item" or "rare item". At the very least I would like to see what it is even if I can't look at it's stats until afterwards.
More games need to be Diablo or Borderlands when it comes to loot. I've picked something up. Let me put it on, RIGHT NOW. Not later, not after I get back to town, not hidden behind a menu I have to load into, NOW.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on PC, I got the message I unlocked Colossus, but it's not there when I check the forge.

Yeah so it said you unlocked the colossus, but really it means you can choose to unlock any of the other javelins.
Hmm when you're at the forge and you see your current suit you don't see any prompt at the bottom left that says javelins? That's the way I saw to unlock it. Sorry if I'm no help.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck, I hope you get it working.

Sure as shootin'!

No problemo!

Thanks!

The newest development is unfortunately a tough one: my friend swears he only uses one email account and is currently logged into his Anthem demo using his EA account, but his EA account is showing he has no linked accounts. This is bizarre because he has bought and played other EA games on his PS4. So now I'm looking into how he can manually link them from his phone and/or PS4.

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017
I really hope it isn't actually this broken on release.. EA and Bioware has something special here and a bad release will definitely cripple the game real bad.

Oct 28, 2017
So I finally managed to get in on the X and played the mission. It reminds a bit of how ME:A played with the 3 abilities mapped to bumpers and the dash which I really like. Flying took a bit for me to get a handle on since it get like I was leading the suit around versus directly controlling it but it was fun.

My only gripe is they need to fix the frame rate. It was really chugging when I started the second camp and all the enemies popped up on screen.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
More games need to be Diablo or Borderlands when it comes to loot. I've picked something up. Let me put it on, RIGHT NOW. Not later, not after I get back to town, not hidden behind a menu I have to load into, NOW.

As a counterpoint I really fucking HATE when I have to sit and wait after every god damned fight because people have to play dress up and change their armour and weapons to get 0.001% more power.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got into the game and I hated what I played.

•It feels like Warframe but on steroids
•Framerate is questionable
•My Xbox One X, which is usually quiet, sounds loud as fuck
•Interface is confusing and clunky
•Loading screens are eternal, and they glitch out every time
•Mission structure is mediocre. Tediously long and repetitive

This demo sealed the deal for me. I ain't getting the game even if I was super open minded about it before.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
How do I unlock my second Javelin?

It popped up after the last mission saying I could choose a new one, but I see no option anywhere in the main hub or in the Forge.

Any idea?

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Played pretty much nonstop for the last 4-5 hours. Having a great time so far. Seems like there might be server issues like earlier in the day now. Course it happens as soon as my friends get on.

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
Still can't connect on PS4. Don't know what that tweet is all about saying the issue has been resolved. Definitely not.

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, got to the end of an expedition and then both of my buddies hit the infinite loading glitch, and now they can't log back in. Not a good first showing. And ya, everything kind of feels generic as fuck.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the structure of the game needs to be reworked - no completing mission then being forced back to Tarsis. We should be able to continue on, with maybe the option to travel back to Tarsis when we want since we can travel. Also, I'd take worse visuals for less load times and loading.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
This is why I hate PC Gaming sometimes. Works on my work computer, I get home and its just saying "Unkown Error" cannot connect. There is no way to know what the hell is wrong... grr...

Only have an hour to play, guess I wont be.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm happy I didn't bite and subbed to Origin Premier for this, I would've hated myself so much right now.

On one hand it's good that this happens now rather than at release, on the other good god, how did it end up like this.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the fact that they're willing to put a not immediately obvious puzzle in the first mission. I'll admit that after years of Destiny missions and strikes my first thought was that something was broken when hitting the highlighted buttons didn't make the thing work and the mission continue.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As a counterpoint I really fucking HATE when I have to sit and wait after every god damned fight because people have to play dress up and change their armour and weapons to get 0.001% more power.
I empathize, bit as someone who generally plays with people who know what's up or alone, this has basically never been a problem for me in loot driven game like Diablo. These systems should be light weight and instantly communicative enough to identify a massive clear upgrade immediately and swap it out instantaneously.

Plus, ending up back in town with a whole host of new weapons that I don't even know what they feel like, and the realization that to try each of them I'm goign to have to repeatedly leave and return to town? Suuuucks. Turnaround isn't fast enough for this. Maybe it's a short lived problem, though. I guess we'll all know after a few hours what it feels like to shoot an explosive sniper rifle with a 4 round capacity.

Stargypsy

Oct 25, 2017
4 hours to get past the first loading screen after multiple attempts. Now I'm rubber banding so bad I can't win the battle at the end of the second mission. Not real happy with my purchase right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.