• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What's with the flying controls on PC? The mouse feels incredibly unresponsive. Can't seem to make it better in the controls either. Feels really really bad.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loaded the first mission (Are we able to choose our Javelin?) and I fired a couple of shots before it sent me back to a loading screen where I was stuck. I am giving up on this for now. What a disaster of a demo considering first impressions and all.

Oct 27, 2017
So I've seen people say that there is no FOV slider...does this include PC? Because if there is no FOV slider on PC...then that's a hard pass from me!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So far i played and what other i play with tell me.
Storm is just a beast like explained above
Ranger is fine. But just doesnt feel as "special" as the other classes. Its more a "standard" soldier class more,
Collossus needs to be better. It needs to more tanky to it really can play the Tank class. Now in the demo version its just abit more beefy Ranger,
Interceptor can be on Storm level. Its just harder to master. Just takes time to really get the max out of it. You arent right at the beginning for sure.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
This feels more like an Alpha/Beta test than a Demo.
It's funny how the verbiage they use really can have a profound effect on first impressions. If it were labeled as Alpha/Beta, I think many would be a little more forgiving. When it's a demo, I kinda just expect it all to work, for the most part. But yeah, today it has been anything but that. I don't fall in the camp where 'shit happens' and just say it is what it is. Ah well.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe you have forgotten how the SimCity launch went, but they also had a beta/demo before launch that was plagued with connectivity issues that the EA promised to iron out.

The only thing in common is the publisher; I hope you don't whip this out during the launch of all big online games that have server issues during demo/betas.

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. It's pretty unbearable in the hub (first person), but the main gameplay is acceptable. Still would like it a lot larger overall.

Ugh, that sucks. I have a larger monitor and if a game is anything below 90 degrees then it's unplayable. Console games are typically around 60-65 degrees (because the TV is farther away), so if it's anything like that then I won't be buying.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh goodie, I just discovered that my PSN is linked to some ancient Origin account and obviously I can't unlink it or link it to my new account.

MTR

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't get a refer a friend link.

First glance is the performance on a Pro is not great. Really low FPS in 1st person . Abusive load times.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Hmm. I looted a rare item during the last mission, but the game got stuck on the subsequent loading screen. Now I don't see the item anywhere at the forge. Feel like I'm missing something.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It's funny how the verbiage they use really can have a profound effect on first impressions. If it were labeled as Alpha/Beta, I think many would be a little more forgiving. When it's a demo, I kinda just expect it all to work, for the most part. But yeah, today it has been anything but that. I don't fall in the camp where 'shit happens' and just say it is what it is. Ah well.
Regardless, game comes out in a month. They need to push it back.

Jun 1, 2018
sorry but they cant call this an alpha...the game went GOLD how can they call this an alpha or beta then

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally played a mission. Keyboard and mouse still sucks, so I used a controller which felt good.

Lots of rubberbanding.

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Presumably the connectivity stuff will be cleared up by launch or shortly thereafter, but sad to hear the framerate sucks on Pro. If that is the case at launch I'm gonna pass.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right, got another question.

I just did the first mission for Mathias. And i can't just choose best Javelin Storm.

How do i do that my lovelies. ?
The Symbols of 2 are at the Walls nearby, the third have to be guessed
Thanks.
It was a pain for me because I was playing with a Rando and I didnt have my headset on so I was going about finding the clues and they kept randomly changing the ones I had set lol
Fucking randos are the worst.

Oct 26, 2017
4.5 hours later, I still couldn't play. At this pace I don't know if by tomorrow things will be fixed.
Just unlocked the Storm.

giphy.gif
Lol, from where is the gif.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Completely expected this from the beta/demo/whatever they wanna call it. It's practically the norm. Masses trying to access content at the same time whilst the servers buckled. It's not great and it's still disappointing but you could have put money on this happening. I'd expect them to extend this an extra day but again that was probably going to happen anyways.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Well at least watching shroud play is giving me good impressions, since I can't seem to play myself. Game looks pretty damn hard, which I certainly like.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
Hmm, I go back to REmake2. Don't want to waste my time with that. Hopefully they can fix everything till launch. But in this state I won't come back. There are so many great, polished (new) games out there, I haven't played yet...

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Sorry to say but who were the ppl that said the game is easy???? It's LITERALLY wrecking my ass????

Like wtf. Gonna try m/k now, if it loads well. In any other case, love the gameplay loop and will be playing this at launch.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Lots of real strong hyperbole going around about this game.

Nothing overly aggregious I found thus far, besides trying to connect and the amount of loading. Seems pretty solid for the most part, a lot of little polish here and there is needed.

Oct 26, 2017
Completely expected this from the beta/demo/whatever they wanna call it. It's practically the norm. Masses trying to access content at the same time whilst the servers buckled. It's not great and it's still disappointing but you could have put money on this happening. I'd expect them to extend this an extra day but again that was probably going to happen anyways.

I mean, the game crashed Origin because of a programming oversight which... isn't that common.

Should be fixed by Feb 1st though.

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017
Folks no matter the game, don't take time off to play an online game. Server shit is gonna happen.

Regardless, game comes out in a month. They need to push it back.
Honestly, this is just so stupid. Server issues happen all the time. Server issues are gonna happen no matter what.

If the only thing that needs to be changed is calling this Demo a beta test, then people are really extremely gullible.

LorentzFactor

Oct 25, 2017
I closed the game and restarted but the first mission still won't load after I get in the javelin. Anybody have similar issues?

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Folks no matter the game, don't take time off to play an online game. Server shit is gonna happen.

Honestly, this is just so stupid. Server issues happen all the time. Server issues are gonna happen no matter what.

If the only thing that needs to be changed is calling this Demo a beta test, then people are really extremely gullible.
If a demo broke Origin what do you think is gonna happen on launch?

Status
Not open for further replies.