• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Just unlocked the Storm.

giphy.gif

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Finally played the mission. I dunno, maybe I need to play other javelins. I expected more melee stuff other than just a basic attack. Whole thing felt a bit janky. And the framerate was seriously bad, on Pro! I don't want to think how it runs on base...

Still there was some cool stuff in it, so maybe it clicks with more playing. Sadly I just got kicked out again lol

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Went back for more, second mission boss was alright, too much screen shake though and lots of enemy attacks can knock you. Didn't figure out how to switch weapons though...and now I'm stuck at a loading screen.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
If you like hyperbole, sure.

The game is a month away from release and this is their first big scale run. It would've been great if everything worked perfectly the first time, every time but I don't think anyone really expected that with the amount of attention this game has gotten.
Maybe you have forgotten how the SimCity launch went, but they also had a beta/demo before launch that was plagued with connectivity issues that the EA promised to iron out.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Welp...Looks like no demo for me. I messed up and put it on a different account that wasn't linked to my PSN. Someone from customer service said they have no way of giving new codes expect to PC players.

I hope you all who are playing it now are enjoying it at least. Unless I get another code, I'll see y'all on the 1st.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
How do you change color? I went to where I can do paint on my Mech but I just have "materials" Metal, Rubber, etc... that change the sheen and texture, but not the color. Do I need to unlock some?
Scroll to the right of where you choose which texture region you want to select. The colors are right next to that. It's hard to see and took me a while to figure it out too.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got in on the first try but when I went to do a mission I hit back to back attempts of infinite load times (on PC).

Guess I'll go back to finishing KH 1 and 2 before Tuesday and try again later tonight.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
So far was able to complete the first main expedition. Game gets stuck too often in the loading screen when starting up an expedition.

Oct 27, 2017
Was able to record some footage of the first mission on PC. Showing some of the encounters on Hard difficulty and customization options.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Oh god there's no FOV slider. Completely forgot this was in first person except for the Javelin stuff. On my ultrawide the FOV is extremely small :(

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
You can tell that they've put everything into Anthem. They can't fail with it.

I just find it odd that a mostly single player focused developer is put under so much pressure.

Definitely going to wish the best for everyone at BioWare. I can't imagine the amount of stress that studio must be under with EA in a corner watching them.
I'm excited about the game but to be honest I am also buying Anthem to get Dragon Age 4

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do i disable the barrier in the first mission.

I'm too thick to figure out the combination

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they iron out the performance and network issues before launch because I actually like the core gameplay quite a lot?
That hub area though does not feel justified in this demo. It runs like absolute trash and as a result is a pain to get around.

How do i disable the barrier in the first mission.

I'm too thick to figure out the combination

There is a sign under the bridge leading to one of them, on one of the little pillary bits on another and I just guessed the third by flipping through them until it triggered.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Still can't get past the main screen on Xbox. It says connecting, then the UI fades and just sits there.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Played for a little bit, couldn't get anyone else in my squad and good lord these health bars on some of these mobs are so spongy they make the Division look like Diablo 3 (what the fuck turrets). And is it just me or is the motion blur when turning the camera really aggressive, even when motion blur is set to "off" in the settings? RTX 2080/8700k and I'm holding a high framerate just fine at 1440p, though. Will play again tomorrow when I can hopefully group up with folks.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
You can't turn the camera in the town without massive blur.

It's nauseating

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I hope they iron out the performance and network issues before launch because I actually like the core gameplay quite a lot?
That hub area though does not feel justified in this demo. It runs like absolute trash and as a result is a pain to get around.
Yeah are you not supposed to be able to sprint through this initial area? It's quite a chore just getting from one area to another... so slowly.

Grimace McRib

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I know this is a beta/demo, and I'm really really not trying to get frustrated from not getting in 5 hours later. Not going to dog them here, just hoping this isn't repeated at launch.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I can't even load into an expedition yet lol.

Main hub world runs like garbage on a normal PS4. Super disappointing.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is a sign under the bridge leading to one of them, on one of the little pillary bits on another and I just guessed the third by flipping through them until it triggered.
Ahh. Thanks.

I was looking around for an environmental clue. I'm fucking blind.

I'll give it a go now.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh. Thanks.

I was looking around for an environmental clue. I'm fucking blind.

I'll give it a go now.
It was a pain for me because I was playing with a Rando and I didnt have my headset on so I was going about finding the clues and they kept randomly changing the ones I had set lol

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck me the game comes alive with the Storm javelin tho. The sounds your abilities make are just insane. You prime and detonate people all the time. You have a nice overview when you are in the sky.
Just overall the Storm feels like a beast space wizard.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I've been playing on normal solo and am getting my ass handed to me.
The gameplay is pretty fun. I seem to love flying into walls as well.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me the game comes alive with the Storm javelin tho. The sounds your abilities make are just insane. You prime and detonate people all the time. You have a nice overview when you are in the sky.
Just overall the Storm feels like a beast space wizard.

How were you able to get in? I still can't connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.