• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
These load times are mental. They really need to optimize the motion blur. It shouldn't never be that you get 60 fps and the fps dips when you turn. That's some Crysis 1 at Very High crap.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Lol at the people overreacting. Like this is the first time the played this kind of game when a demo drops or launches or has a new expansion.
Yes i am not in yet also.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Nope, straight up gave up and uninstalled it. When I saw some regedit editing bullshit type fix, I was like fuuuuuck that. If I have to go through all this trouble just to play your game for more than 10 minutes, I mean yeah nah I'm good breh.
I might try uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. Also if you can link me to the regedit editing fix I would appreciate it.

Drey1082

Oct 27, 2017
Destiny is lucky their alpha and beta were kinda pre twitch / streaming. This has not been a good look.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
The pc demo must be a downgrade or something. Everything is hazy and there is a motion blur going on even though I disabled it. The environment is not as pretty as the trailers. I have a very powerful pc btw. Enemy AI and damage you take seems reasonable so far but the blur effect is killing me.

Yeah the reveal trailer and stuff were bullshot supremes.

Destiny is lucky their alpha and beta were kinda pre twitch / streaming. This has not been a good look.

Huh? Twitch streaming was all the rage in 2014 too and Destiny's alpha/betas were smooth IIRC.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
First mission done, even on Normal it is still pretty hard. KBM controls aren't the best; still need some fine tuning. Honestly, game is making me want to upgrade my GFX card bad. My 970 is strugglin'
During the alpha my 970 was performing wonderfully, but now my 2060 drops frapes here and there, something's up :/

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I got in, customised my javelin and entered freeplay.
Played around a bit and its really fun.

Then my friend entered, invited me to his party, but then we both got stuck on infinite loading screen

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
So I have VIP demo access, but when I fire up the game it clearly states I don't have access and must wait until next weekend. Good stuff...

Edit: On PC for those wondering

Last edited:

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
The graphics really are amazing out in the world. And I had lowered my setting to high when I was in Fort tarsis.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Aaaand the game got stuck on a loading screen halfway through the mission I was on. Awesome.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Flying on mouse feels shit. Too much inertia and three confusing settings for flying sensitivity don't help...

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Just wanted to give a heads up since I didn't get a reply about it earlier in the thread. If you have the game from the RTX promotion contact EA support live chat and they will give you access. It only took me one attempt and they just asked for my email address and gave me VIP.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Finished the first mission and I really wanted to like this but I'm struggling to even bother continuing at this point. The performance is really rough on a base Ps4, even basic enemies are pretty spongy, frequent and very long loading screens, you overheat way too fast, none of the movement options really chain together well. I was willing to push aside my issues with the hub and possibly lacklustre writing if the core combat + loot loop was strong but I did not come away from that first mission with a good impression.

(I'm also writing this after the game stuck me in a loading screen after the mission and that's just great)

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Lol at the people overreacting. Like this is the first time the played this kind of game when a demo drops or launches or has a new expansion.
Yes i am not in yet also.
Yea really, it's out for an hour. Let's have some chill, haha.

Game is pretty fun, some jank and some of the environment art is lacking in terms of composition and blending, although there are some nice assets and details.

I'm interested in playing more!

(Played on PC 4k/ultra)

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I might try uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. Also if you can link me to the regedit editing fix I would appreciate it.

Sorry I honestly couldn't remember where I saw this, I spent so much time reading through so much bullshit I couldn't for the life of me find that back.
But if I remember, it involved some Windows 10 video memory paging thing that Frostbite games / Origin in particular don't like much. Probs was a video on Youtube as well. Good luck mate !

Jan 10, 2018
It should have prompted you to do so when you launched the demo. It's such a dumb way of doing things. There's no option to do so on their site so you basically have to do it through one of their games. I did it through UFC 2 lol

No such option at all. It just shows me that I don't have access to the demo and then I'm booted back to the intro.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the first mission after a silly puzzle had us all flying around like mad at the end, now stuck loading back into the city. Not sure how long I should let it try... or if I'll lose the misison progress if I restart.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
This has been a sobering read lmao
Now I really am in no hurry to get home and try the beta

Scousefury

Oct 28, 2017
For people who dislike the spongy enemies, i'd recommend you learn to use the combo system. On a new ranger thats melee then either ability.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got in the game got to do the mission and with 2 other random people and we were stuck trying to open some type of portal. Anyways, it's fairly boring but I guess it's due to being dropped in the game with no fucking context whatsoever. I think this demo will turn a lot of people off the game.

I was planning to main the ranger but the combat is fairly boring with it so far.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
That puzzle on the first mission was genuinely pretty difficult and fun. WOW!

Got in the game got to do the mission and with 2 other random people and we were stuck trying to open some type of portal.

The correct color portals are supposed to be light up somewhere near the portals. Look near them.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't get past main screen
Connecting to online services.

Restarted half a dozen of times. Jeez

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Game crashed while I adjusted settings, now it infinitely stays on "Connecting to server"

:(

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EA botched this early access up pretty badly.

I mean they are one of the biggest gaming companies and they didn't forecast this or at the very least have contingencies in place?

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
My Ranger looks stunning, but this person right here is gonna work hard to get the Interceptor, heh.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Well I got kicked. I think I'm good though. I'll mess around in it later but this is not impressive imo. I get why they were so clear to say that the Demo is 3 patches behind or whatever. I don't get the idea of releasing such old versions for a beta when this will be most peoples first impression. Meh.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
How in gods name do you connect your EA account with your PS4? I see no option to do so in the game and it seems like you cannot do it through the website either.
It automatically connects your PSN name to an EA account that they make using whatever email is attached to it I believe. It's super stupid.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the first mission after a silly puzzle had us all flying around like mad at the end, now stuck loading back into the city. Not sure how long I should let it try... or if I'll lose the misison progress if I restart.

Had to close the game and restart. Progress remained. FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.