• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I wanted to check this event out, but client just keeps constantly freezing and CTDg on my i5 6600K and 980Ti.

I just can't be bothered to constantly restart this thing and slog through multiple loading screens and freeroam joining attempts to play next 5 minutes before next freeze.

Technical fucking mess.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Freeplay with friends but when we fly towards the storm it says we're leavin the Mission area even though we're not in a mission. What are we supposed to do ? :/

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
So many of the cosmetic stuff to make your Javelin dope as fuck costs coin. I have no issue with that if you at least get them now and then. Once i had about 150 coins, spent them on my Javelin and now I don't find them at all anymore. Maybe just the demo. Hopefully won't mean insane hours of grinding in the full game though.

Even small things like the emotes cost coin.
You were likely getting coin from doing some of the challenges. If you look through the codex, you'll see some reward 5 and 10 coin. I think last week it was a lot more, as I said, I still have over 1,500 from then.

Daily, weekly & monthlies all give coin iirc. I think I got masterwork shards, too, for weekly... got them somewhere, 99+ in inventory.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
This is definitely a game to play with friends. Played last night with a friend and it's a completely different experience than solo. We had a lot of fun they really need voice chat with randoms.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm in Freeplay with friends but when we fly towards the storm it says we're leavin the Mission area even though we're not in a mission. What are we supposed to do ? :/
The area of the open world on the demo hasn't changed. There are just new events are harder enemies spawning in the open world section we have in the demo.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
You were likely getting coin from doing some of the challenges. If you look through the codex, you'll see some reward 5 and 10 coin. I think last week it was a lot more, as I said, I still have over 1,500 from then.

Daily, weekly & monthlies all give coin iirc. I think I got masterwork shards, too, for weekly... got them somewhere, 99+ in inventory.

There were a lot of coin things.. but not 1500 worth. I think your coin total might be from the level of pre-order you made.

LaTasse

Nov 7, 2017
I tried a few hours of the demo and I'm pessimistic about the game. Too much loadings, all the time ( when you enter a mission, when you stray too far from the group, when you enter a dungeon...), the mouse and keyboard control are janky especially during the fly segments and traversing the hub city is a complete drag.
On the positive side, even with the downgrade, its still a beautiful game.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Sounds like this is step one of the cataclysm, with the rest to come in the full game.

unknown.png

Seems like the titans and the storm in the sky is all we've got for the demo.

I used to work there, Cataclysms are much bigger deals.

giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for this to come it in mid February. Definitely going to have the storm javelin as my main. Some may hate the game or wish it was better but I find it fantastic and fun to play.

Some pics I taken. Not bad for a laptop w/ a 6GB 1060 video card w/ an external monitor w/ a resolution of 2560x1440. honestly, surprised I can run it w/ high settings.
lz1RjoZ.jpg

6kIqeDx.jpg

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
It might have been wise to have the free play boundary message say "leaving demo area" rather than "mission area".

Oct 29, 2017
If I sign up for Origin premiere to early access the game on the 15th, then cancel it at the end of the month, I could then buy the game if I want and put the code into Origin and it would still have my account/progress carried over, right?

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
That's just it. This is not a beta. It's a demo. The game comes out in two weeks. If it was a beta the game would still be cooking for another month or two. EA is being dumb releasing this too early.
-
Ah.. well in that case it's a definite no buy

That rain looks like ... I don't know ... electricity?

Following dragon age inquisition I'm not sure BioWare knows how to make games an
Umpire. They seem to have doubled down on the weakest aspects of their games.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
If I sign up for Origin premiere to early access the game on the 15th, then cancel it at the end of the month, I could then buy the game if I want and put the code into Origin and it would still have my account/progress carried over, right?

what i'm going to do is sign up for a trial of origin access, which is 99 cents (in NA) until tomorrow for 1 month. That gets you 10 hours of Anthem on Feb 15th.

If I like those 10 hours, and I'm pretty sure I won't but I'll give it a fair chance, then I can sign up for origin premiere at the end of my 10 hours and jump straight into Anthem for a month (with legion of dawn bonuses) and play my heart out. I just don't see any way I play more than 2-3 weeks though, I play solo so I assume i'll hit a pretty hard cap on what content I can do in random matchmake groups and have nothing else to do. But yeah, if I really like the game after that I could either just buy it or keep premiere running.

In many ways the beta was a really bad execution by Bioware, by dropping you into the middle of the game with no context it feels like it turns off more than helps get you excited about the game. Doesn't help all the bugs and issues and meh gunplay. I'm hoping the story, lore, world, etc is a lot better if you start from the beginning but I have serious doubts.

Sounds like the Cataclysm stuff they are doing in freeplay right now are like destiny public events. Be interesting to see if they "learn" the same stuff bungie had to over the years, like while it sounds cool on paper to make them random and not trackable, in reality you end up having to so people can funnel together to get them done, otherwise 90% of them end up with 0-1 people and not do-able.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Just tried it:
- I have no idea what I was doing. Is there a tutorial section that explains the controls and how to fly?
- where can I choose my Javelin? I just headed for the quest markers and got a certain Javelin without a choice

Other than that, the game has a bad performance on Xbox One X.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
I got the sound bug today. No sound for a whole run of the Spider thingy mission. Strangely, I performed better but still.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Is that cataclysm event still happening? Just wondering if I should try the demo again before the end of the weekend.

Oct 26, 2017
This is some shit.

We were fighting a ancient ash Titan in freeplay (are they in freeplay normally speaking?) and we had his health down to more than half. And then he was just gone, just like that.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
What really concerns me is the developers have mentioned nothing about improved performance on X or Pro for the final release. Am I missing something or have they?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I like the idea that they will have events that take over the world and get people to work together. Sure it was only a storm and a big ass Ash Titan but they can treat it more like Fortnite with its events changing per season etc or the Tides of War in BFV where the progressively launch stuff from small events and then, over time, expand the cataclysm.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
What really concerns me is the developers have mentioned nothing about improved performance on X or Pro for the final release. Am I missing something or have they?

Not specific. They said performance improvement for all platforms and they said as with other games that most optimization happens just before release.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
Could it be simply a limitation of the demo, rather than the actual game, i.e., they did it on purpose just for the demo?

I think you misunderstood what I meant about limitations.
This has nothing to do with limitations of an area in the demo, it has to do with the limitations specifically in a mission, if someone goes too far ahead you in checkpoints you get teleported. If you stray just a few meters in the wrong direction, teleported.

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
This has nothing to do with limitations of an area in the demo, it has to do with the limitations specifically in a mission, if someone goes too far ahead you in checkpoints you get teleported. If you stray just a few meters in the wrong direction, teleported.
From my experience, I really only got teleported if teammates were in a no respawn zone

Oct 26, 2017
This is odd....

I just got a notification after quitting freeplay that a new item had been unlocked. A new Javelin. But I have all of them already.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
shaper storms were nice but I was expecting more epic things to happen in the world...only thing different was the sky and meteors falling...

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA

Worst part is that it does a whole loading screen just to teleport you.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
This happens so much in the stronghold. Loading into a stronghold in progress I saw this about every 2 of 3 times. It's so bizarre to me no one at BioWare thought to reset these things after 30-60 seconds just in case a player picked them up and had a DC or crash. Or just if some rando user you've matchmade with has no idea what to do in that section (I've seen plenty of people just flying or jumping around with the piece to unlock the next section).
Actually they mentioned on Reddit that this is exactly what they're doing in the full game. You can only hold an echo for 60 seconds and they might tune it further depending.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
On PS4 and this thing is running at like 15 fps and PS4 sounds like a jet engine. Is this a me only thing?

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
doing the main missions with a group you can miss key conversations or events...if one member goes ahead of you and triggers a conversation or event then by the time you catch up you will have missed some potentially important story information...

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
Actually they mentioned on Reddit that this is exactly what they're doing in the full game. You can only hold an echo for 60 seconds and they might tune it further depending.
That's good news. 60 seconds sounds like more than enough time to sweep through, collect 3, and deposit them. Hope they're applying this to the devices you have to lug back to the center platform in the stronghold too.

Oct 26, 2017
That stuff at the end of the very first Anthem reveal, the weather and all that. That is still going to be in the full game, right? That looked damn epic.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
You might have 1 or 2 things not quite right here. You can do story missions in private, with as many in your team as you want up to 4. You have to play free play and do strongholds with 3 others. If you're a 3, there will be 1 random. It's not a big deal.

You'll only get loading screens when you enter into the deeper locations off the main map in free play, but randoms cannot pull you through to them, not even if you're doing a World Event that goes down one, as you can back out of one of those whenever you like. You'll get loading screens when you try to enter areas that are off limits for the demo, but you can avoid that by checking the greyed out area of the map and by simply turning around before the countdown ends.

"where there person has clearly run it 20 times already and keeps running off ahead" - that's not free play, that's some sort of story you chose from the menu or the stronghold. Strongholds are repeatable content, people are going to get good and know what to do really quickly. the game is based around rinsing these. You can't play these private.

The menu is a bit crap, and it does that annoying nag when you want to start a story in private, and that's easy to cancel out of and end up making public without even reading it. BTW, entering these events and wandering off because something caught your eye in a public game is damn annoying for the people stood waiting at a gate that won't open until you & your pal finally get their backsides to the trigger point ;-) so it works both ways.

I'm not sure, there have been far too many times that I or the other 2 people I played with are being forably teleported with a warning by being not very far from the furthest person. There's even official gameplay of someone getting teleport warnings by mearly being a stones throw away from the lead character at a check point.

Also, I'm not sure being a pedant about if it's a mission or stronghold or whatever has any weight about me hating having to play with a random in my group of friends. The argument I'm making is the entire thing is shit to begin with when the game already supports scaling and private mode. Why close that off for certain activities? It seems to abitrary a decision and impacts nobody if they allowed it.

Lastly, works both ways? I'm not sure it should be like that, the 3 of us wanted to do an activity in private like we had just previously done in a mission, the game won't let us. Fine. We want to play at our own pace for the first run and not at the uncontrolled behest of someone random.

I've never seen this forced "follow the leader" in a game before.

Edit: I had this problem last week as well playing solo in free roam. https://www.resetera.com/threads/an...-fly-freelancera.95459/page-110#post-17300714

All I did was see a camp of enemies, wanted to nope out but it would'nt let me.
It wanted me to finish, I wanted to try find that other person out in the world.

Can't defend that. Imagine playing destiny 2, seeing as public event pop up but it's just you; you try to leave but it won't let you.
It keeps teleporting you back over and over until you've finished it, but it wont expire, it resets every time you die or leave.

Luckily they understand player freedom and let you ride on by to something people are actually doing.

Last edited:

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Some of the conversations in Fort Tarsis are pretty funny. I encouraged the bartender to hold a package for a beautiful woman in hopes of getting him some action. Turns out some dude with a knife came for the package and the bartender killed him. Apparently he just left the body and came in for work because I had the option to encourage him to hide the body and get rid of the package. We'll see what happens next...

Thomas

Dec 11, 2017
Sweden
Enough demo play for me. I like the gameplay and know that the demo build is almost 2 month old, but it is issue after issue. God damm Ancient titan disapering mid fight, engage a turret and going in for the kill and the turret disapears right in front of me. End of the round screen keep buggin out and no XP earned.

Bioware if you are reading this, i can not preorder something like this, you have earn my purchase by showing me functioning game feb 22.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So have about 8 hours in the demo and for the most part it has been a great experience on my PC. I had one instance where I spawned without a head and health/shield bar and another where we couldn't finish the shape puzzle because the prompt to change the symbols was not there. Other than a couple instances of lagging enemies the servers been great as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.