• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I fought the giant titan. Lots of fire waves and elementals but pretty easy fight. Got 2 rare drops from it

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I think the game is so much fun, but I just didn't like the experience so far... It's like, disconnecting all the time, booted-up to the main screen, players disconnecting from the game when they die...

There are just so many little QOL things that are not there in the demo, makes it a weird version to demo at all...

Oh well, I'll see how the game pans out when it's released!

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
If that was Cataclysm then it is pretty meh, hopefully they can get more creative with it after launch.

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
So the shaper storm just spawns a boss? That's pretty underwhelming. I was hoping they'd be like rifts in D3.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
I'm really confused about their choice of playing the game.
You're essentially in a solo hub, to pick a mission or free play....

You pick a mission but you cannot go off the beaten path or else it teleports you, it also ends the session and takes you back to the solo hub at the end of the mission instead of keeping you in the world.

You cannot do a mission in freeplay because you need to pre-select it either...

So where most games have this open world and allow you to just go to a mission and find cool shit along the way should you decide "hold up people, whats that over there?!"...you're stuck doing one or the other.

It's really fucking jarring, I can't stand the game constantly teleporting you to others or limiting your play area.
Me and 2 friends wanted to play alone and not with some random fucking it up for us but of course, "wah wah wah you can't do X in private mode" where there person has clearly run it 20 times already and keeps running off ahead while we want to take it all in for the first time.

It's like NOBODY in the dev team played their own game and though this is such a shitty system that interferes with players.
I'm so disappointed, I still wanted to play but now I can't even bribe my friends by paying for a month of origin for them to play with me.

We would literally play anything just to play together and they won't touch this.
So now I need to solo or do it with randoms :(

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017

You pick a mission but you cannot go off the beaten path or else it teleports you, it also ends the session and takes you back to the solo hub at the end of the mission instead of keeping you in the world.

So where most games have this open world and allow you to just go to a mission and find cool shit along the way should you decide "hold up people, whats that over there?!"...you're stuck doing one or the other.

It's really fucking jarring, I can't stand the game constantly teleporting you to others or limiting your play area.
Me and 2 friends wanted to play alone and not with some random fucking it up for us but of course, "wah wah wah you can't do X in private mode" where there person has clearly run it 20 times already and keeps running off ahead while we want to take it all in for the first time.

It's like NOBODY in the dev team played their own game and though this is such a shitty system that interferes with players.
I'm so disappointed, I still wanted to play but now I can't even bribe my friends by paying for a month of origin for them to play with me.

We would literally play anything just to play together and they won't touch this.

Could it be simply a limitation of the demo, rather than the actual game, i.e., they did it on purpose just for the demo?

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019

I think the limitations on the free play area are demo driven.

Oct 26, 2017
So I decided to try out some free place, even though I expected it to be a waste of time. But nope, not at all. In fact i encountered new kinds of enemies I didn't see in the story missions or stronghold.

Plus BioWare put some chests in some caves that you'll only find by exploring. This is the BioWare I know. I really hope they do this often for the full game. Just randomly place chests in different areas, because that makes exploration worth it.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Some good coordination needed there. A pretty hectic fight. Stuff exploding everywhere. Really tests out your agility.

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How on earth is this releasing in 2 weeks? Gave the demo another chance and it was almost impossible to go more than 5 seconds without rubber-banding. One moment I'm jetting serenely towards an objective, the next I've reset a couple of seconds and I've crashed into a rock face. And that's just the flying, enemies disappear in front of you as the game struggles desperately to sync players together. Ugh. Matchmaking errors, infinite loading bugs and getting stuck on scenery were the least of my problems.

The few uninterrupted moments of gameplay were good enough to keep me persisting however. I really enjoy the flight controls actually, and there's pleasant weightiness to the landing. I like the variety of abilities, though it seems they dominate encounters a little too much. Your standard weapons on their own have little chance against the tougher enemies. Results in a strategy of hiding behind rocks rather than engaging the enemy between cooldowns.

I'm less keen on all the load screens and mission teleporting that goes on. It's a truncated and often confusing experience, not helped by the change of perspective between hub and expedition. A few times I've not even understood what's triggered a load screen, game peppers the HUD with mission markers but sometimes a load screen triggers before you even get there.

Game looks very nice and combat has potential, but seems far from ready for release. Was a brave move putting this out as a demo, but one I think will lose EA more players than it gains.

TCi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got some footage of the Ash Titan, but came in at a bit less than half health on him.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Gamesager is such a beast with Interceptor. He has some great weapons also and ability upgrades.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Tried to played this yesterday.

Menus were really bad. The shooting was okay. Flying was fun but the overheat sucks.

Mid mission the game blocked (could move the camera everything was frozen).

Probably will wait to see if Division 2 is good or will still chip away at Destiny when I feel like a loot shooter.

Or maybe I need another comfort food game.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Had no issues hopping on and playing quickly on PSN

Really like the Movement, gameplay and shooting felt fine. About on par with the division I would say

Abilities are fun and recharge fast. I like it so far

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

You might have 1 or 2 things not quite right here. You can do story missions in private, with as many in your team as you want up to 4. You have to play free play and do strongholds with 3 others. If you're a 3, there will be 1 random. It's not a big deal.

You'll only get loading screens when you enter into the deeper locations off the main map in free play, but randoms cannot pull you through to them, not even if you're doing a World Event that goes down one, as you can back out of one of those whenever you like. You'll get loading screens when you try to enter areas that are off limits for the demo, but you can avoid that by checking the greyed out area of the map and by simply turning around before the countdown ends.

"where there person has clearly run it 20 times already and keeps running off ahead" - that's not free play, that's some sort of story you chose from the menu or the stronghold. Strongholds are repeatable content, people are going to get good and know what to do really quickly. the game is based around rinsing these. You can't play these private.

The menu is a bit crap, and it does that annoying nag when you want to start a story in private, and that's easy to cancel out of and end up making public without even reading it. BTW, entering these events and wandering off because something caught your eye in a public game is damn annoying for the people stood waiting at a gate that won't open until you & your pal finally get their backsides to the trigger point ;-) so it works both ways.

EDIT: brain fart

So I decided to try out some free place, even though I expected it to be a waste of time. But nope, not at all. In fact i encountered new kinds of enemies I didn't see in the story missions or stronghold.

Plus BioWare put some chests in some caves that you'll only find by exploring. This is the BioWare I know. I really hope they do this often for the full game. Just randomly place chests in different areas, because that makes exploration worth it.
There are random chests dotted around the world. There are hidden spots in at least 10 named locations iirc. Like an underwater cave by a waterfall that always has 2 things inside (chests, pickups, etc.). There's a trophy for each area that includes finding hidden areas, as well as sub-districts and landmarks. (the kind of stuff that can keep me playing happily for quite a time, loved finding the ghosts in Destiny).

Last edited:

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they plan to have the climax of the event before the Super Bowl starts because if not then lol.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I hope they plan to have the climax of the event before the Super Bowl starts because if not then lol.
The what? (I kid, but I've never watched a Super Bowl in my life). I mean they're starting the event now/it already has begun so I guess they're doing that so people can try it before the SB; for those who are going to watch it.

Oct 26, 2017
So many of the cosmetic stuff to make your Javelin dope as fuck costs coin. I have no issue with that if you at least get them now and then. Once i had about 150 coins, spent them on my Javelin and now I don't find them at all anymore. Maybe just the demo. Hopefully won't mean insane hours of grinding in the full game though.

Even small things like the emotes cost coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.