• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
As I was playing more today, I discovered why the game didn't seem to be as fluid in action as it should be, even if looked like a fluid game. It's a game that gives priority to animations than to controls, which is pretty bad in a fairly fast paced action game like this.
If I press the key of an ability while I was meleeing someone, nothing would happen, it would only work once I stop meleeing the enemy AND the animation stops. Or if press the ultimate key to avoid dying when I hit a wall flying near a shield+flamethrower guy (while being very low in health!), again it doesn't work, because my character is busy playing some stagger and recover animation.

This system applies to everything, really, for example I was missing some hits in the Interceptor ultimate because how the game wouldn't turn the character while I was punching someone, or mortar shots can miss because they don't fire when you click the button, so the game doesn't feel as responsive and snappy as it would be ideal.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played more last night, there were glimpses of fun,but bad performance and strange design decisions keep them down. Honestly every Javelin should have the flight capability of the Storm.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
i know ppl seem to hate Fort Tarsis. I dont find it as dreadfully slow as others i guess. I mean its def slower. But the walking in mud comparison..im not seeing.
On the positive side. I do get a Star Warsy vibe. And maybe its because of the 1st person persepective....but it feels like a real place. Moreso than the Tower in destiny. Which just seems like a goofy paper thin hub area to me.
The NPCs do seem very generic to me. Its like someone went into a create a charater mode in Madden or something...and clicked random. Theres like 4 NPCs that are just copy/pasted around.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
This is my letter to BioWare:

First thing is the optimization. On a i7 4770k and GTX 1060 6GB (at 1080p), the game runs really bad even with all settings at medium-high, I got heavy frame drops all the time under the 60fps.
If you touch the water the framerate just die.

Then I encountered a lot of bugs and game crashes, at one point I couldn't even continue the mission that the game crashed all the time.

Let's talk about controls... the game is UNPLAYABLE with mouse and keyboard.
The mouse movement (on foot) is very strange in normal situations with unlocked framerate, like a bit laggy.

With vsync it's a bit better (it shouldn't, I know, but it is with Anthem), but you use the double buffer vsync (which is bad 'cause you drop at 30fps whenever you go under 60fps), which is real issue with this bad optimization.

Returning to the controls, the mouse movement when you fly is just BROKEN.
The game is build around the right analog stick of the controller, so when you release the stick you fly at the center.

With the mouse this is impossible, since you fly to the right and then you are stuck to that direction, then you try to move the mouse back to the center but, since it's impossible to find the perfect centre with a mouse, you start flying left, up, down.. it's a mess.

You have to do a decent mouse controls instead of emulating the pad in an awful way, otherwise don't even sell it on PC.

With the controller isn't that good either, pressing L3 to run and fly all the time is a torture, and you don't even let customize controls on pad, other than those fixed schemes.

I changed them with the xbox app from the Windows store, it let you swap the xbox one controller buttons, so I put the run on "X" and reload/interact on Down D-pad (so on L3 I had the Down D-pad function, which is almost useless).

The worst thing is that you have to press another button to "hover" too ( normally with R3, again… those clicky buttons are the worst to press), which is silly since you could activate that by holding the jump button or/and by going in ADS (with left trigger) after jumping.

What's even to point to jump and aim while falling down? Just let the player hover when you do those things.

Another thing that is annoying is that the protagonist fly in the direction where HE is pointing and not when the camera points, instead. I think that this isn't good, especially on a mouse and keyboard configuration. At least put an option to let you "boost" where the camera point.

The under water sections… I get that you want to let feel the players the "heaviness" of being under water, but it's too slow to move in those situation, and even by raise the swim sensitivity at max you don't change a thing, still slow. In that case, moving with mouse is just a nightmare.
Do you even tried the game with that configuration? It's incredibly bad.

Another SERIOUS issue is about Aim Assist… this game plays alone, the AA is so intense, and it's active on mouse too! This is insane, just put an option to disable this horrendous thing, both for mouse and controller. The game is super easy to play anyway, there are people that actually want to play the game and not to just see stuff happen...

The cooldown… I hope that is something that is going to receive in-game upgrades because it isn't fun at all to fly and stop all the time because the thing overheat. Yeah, you can go in water, get a nice slowndown to 30fps, have the incredible slow camera movement and go out, hoping you have some other water in the next ten seconds. Not fun at all, adjust the overheat to make it less "needy".

The various menu... they makes no sense in the first place, they are so confusing, you active the mission in a map and then you have to exit the screen for start, you have a lot of different buttons for do different things on every single screen… and with the mouse is even worse.

When you enter in a menu (like settings) you can see the various options to the right but you can't interact with them with the mouse because you have to press Enter to actually go in that screen.

This stuff doesn't make any sense. Again, do like Mass Effect on PC and just build a game that actually works with mouse and keyboard, and fix those menus which are tedious with pad too.

Then you have those missions, the core of the game… they are so flat, you go on the antenna wannabe, wait for braindead enemies to spawn and go on… it's boring, really boring… but on this matter I don't think you are gonna do any serious change, sadly.

At least, if you are going to sell this game (especially on PC), just fix the bad controls, active custom binds for controller too and optimize the game, 'cause technically isn't even all that impressive (it has nothing to do with the reveal) and it have serious performance issues… yeah, that's it.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I'm hoping these will all be ironed out for the retail release, but the Stronghold has quite a few issues right now:

1) After collecting the 12 echoes in the second area, the quest line may not proceed to "Locate the Egg Source"/"Find a Way Underground" and the door to continue on does not open. You have to quit out. (had this happen twice)
2) On the "Silence the Relic" part where you have to collect six fragments, a sixth fragment may not be available to collect. Initially I thought a teammate had the final fragment and did not realize it, but all three of us were flying around (you can't fly when holding it) which made it clear none of us had it. Had to quit out.
3) In three of maybe eight attempts to fight the boss I got kicked out and was given an error message saying the server had shut down. Twice this happened when going into one of the caves the minions spawn from, so I figured that triggered it. The other time it happened when I was maybe ten feet away from of the caves.
4) Attempting to join another party's ongoing Stronghold run while they are at the boss will load you outside of the door that leads to the boss but the door will be closed. I was in a group of three fighting the boss, a fourth player joined but he appeared way above us (outside of the arena) and never came down and I didn't understand why. Later I joined an ongoing Stronghold; the party was at the boss, and I loaded in outside of the closed door. I had to wait for the group to finish the boss.
5) Not a game breaker, but in the outdoor area where you collect 12 echoes, one time my group collected eight to spawn the next wave of enemies, cleared the entire wave, and the cages with the remaining echoes remained locked for perhaps five minutes after. I thought we would have to quit, but our patience was rewarded (with my eventual third kick out of the boss fight).

Couple other issues that occurred in the Stronghold but may not be specific to being in it:

1) In the boss fight I could not pick up downed teammates. Holding square initiated the revival and the circle filled up, but once full nothing happened. This could be repeated over and over for multiple teammates.
2) Loading into the Stronghold with a full ultimate meter most likely means you don't actually have your ultimate available. This happened probably five times. Twice it got me killed when I kamikaze rushed into a high traffic area with low health expecting to restore health with the ultimate.

Couple of things that I noticed that could shed some light on some of these issues.

2) Silence the Relic. Sometimes the final relic does not have the map indicator even though it's there. You have to double check all the areas to find it.

5) There are two phases of the collect 12 echoes section of The Stronghold. The second phase that initiates after you collect the first 8 echoes does not require you to clear the waves of enemies. The actual goal of this phase is to kill "The Gatekeeper" and pick up the key it drops. Only then will the cages indicate that they have echoes and be able to be unlocked. So most likely in your situation, your group killed The Gatekeeper but didn't run over and pick up the key.

Also... there are all kinds of funky bugs that can be triggered in the stronghold if a player gets disconnected and almost all of them prevent the rest of the group from continuing to whatever the next phase is.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i know ppl seem to hate Fort Tarsis. I dont find it as dreadfully slow as others i guess. I mean its def slower. But the walking in mud comparison..im not seeing.
On the positive side. I do get a Star Warsy vibe. And maybe its because of the 1st person persepective....but it feels like a real place. Moreso than the Tower in destiny. Which just seems like a goofy paper thin hub area to me.
The NPCs do seem very generic to me. Its like someone went into a create a charater mode in Madden or something...and clicked random. Theres like 4 NPCs that are just copy/pasted around.

I really found that to be incredibly lazy. Bioware probably only needed a couple dozen or so unique NPCs to be walking around considering the size of it. I walked past many twins last night. It isn't GTA.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
So after doing everything except the freeplay in the demo, I think the overall experience was solid. Combat and flying are definitely the highlights. I didn't mind the guns at all since they're just there to deliver damage between using abilities. The customization and loot system seems user-friendly and I didn't feel the UI was as cumbersome as some people have said (I guess it's harder to navigate on PCs?).

Fort Tarsis is strange though. Like others have said, it's abnormally quiet and the muffled radio music in the back stands out more due to the lack of ambient crowd noise. They should definitely add some actual background music there kinda like what Monster Hunter World had. Other negatives I thought of were the annoying loading screens between areas, but thankfully they aren't too long. High level enemies can be damage sponges and I'm not sure how long gameplay can be fun before getting stale. But at this point, I'll keep my $10 pre-order.
Thanks for replying with the update! Glad to hear you needed up enjoying the gun play more than I did. Hopefully I'm just a minority on it and the game does well because I have no idea what it means for the studios involved if it doesn't.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
So what I have discovered:
It seems like all the abilities of the same type have the same recharge "stat". For example A Rare Ice Blast says Recharge = 7, so does a Common Ice Blast.The only stat that's different between them is Damage. However, in the same Seal Category (Blast) we see that a common Flame Burst does 4 and its Rare version also does 4, but the rare version gains an increase in Damage and Radius. In this same Category again we see Living Flame (at common) have a 20 recharge (green arrow up) along with more damage than a flame burst at rare.

I'm also going to look at a common frost shard which says it does 39 damage, 0 recharge and 7 ice status and compare that to a rare ice shard that says it does 52 damage, 0 recharge and 7 ice status. As well as compare the recharge stat of Burning Orb (3) to Arc Burst (10).

Here we go, experiment time.

Ice Blast (Common) Cooldown time: 7.5secs
Ice Blast (Rare) Cooldown time: 7.5secs
Flame Burst (Common) Cooldown time: 4.5secs (per charge to come back) 22.5secs (for all 5 charges to come back)
Flame Burst (Rare) Cooldown time: 4.5secs (per charge to come back) 22.5secs (for all 5 charges to come back)
Living Flame (Common) Cooldown time: 20secs

Frost Shards (Common) Cooldown time: 3.4secs (5 came back after 1.7secs) [There are 10 charges in total, if you use all 10 you can start using them again once the first set of 5 cooldown]
Frost Shards (Rare) Cooldown time: 3.4secs (5 came back after 1.7secs) [There are 10 charges in total, if you use all 10 you can start using them again once the first set of 5 cooldown]
Burning Orb (Rare) Cooldown Time: 3secs (per charge to come back) 15secs (for all 5 charges to come back)
Arc Burst (Rare) Cooldown Time: 10secs

Interesting little experiment... what have we learnt... well first off - rarity doesn't change cooldown time in anyway - this may be different at higher rarities in the full game though.

Although the most interesting thing I think we can take from this is that the recharge stat is a little odd.
Some things like Ice Blast seem to say pretty much exactly how long they take to recharge. Ice Blast's recharge stat is 7 seconds and it took me 7.5 seconds for it to cooldown so I could use it again. Flame Burst says 4, which is pretty much on point for 1 charge of Flame Burst to come back from cooldown. And Living Flame is 20 just like its recharge stat. So it looks like Recharge does indeed equal seconds to cooldown.

What's strange though is Frost Shards has a 0 recharge in the forge yet it takes just over 3 seconds for all 10 charges to come back and half comes back at 1.7 seconds. The reason I think Frost Shards has a 0 recharge stat is because if we divide 3.4 seconds by 10 (the amount of charges) we would get 0.34 seconds per charge to cool down (even though you can only use the recharge once it reaches 5).

TLDR: The Recharge Stat on abilities in the forge means seconds 'per charge' on that ability.

This is a little confusing because if you have a low recharge ability equipped and then you go to equip a different one with a higher recharge rate it shows this as a "green increase" with a little arrow pointing up - when really, the more recharge = the more time it takes the ability to cool down.
Great testing here. The way the game displays it is terrible. Low recharge is better, but it's shown as a red "bad" indicator when you try to swap a high recharge skill for a low recharge one.

Bioware need to hire a UI design team that isn't shit. So much of it is counterintuitive or inconsistent.

And hire a sound design team too, unless their are big changes for the release version. I really hope the sounds weren't ready in this build, because nothing sounds like it has any impact.
Mass Effect had some decent sound so I'm not sure why this is so bad.

Dhuggs_

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Man this game is....wow. I played for about 20 minutes and I immediately just stopped and uninstalled the game. It just felt devoid of life and fun for me. Thank god there was a demo, because I'll just wait until this is on sale to give it a shot.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Small tip for people who might not know. If you click in the right analog stick while you're flying it puts you into hover mode. I've played for hours during these two demo weekends and I only finally just learned this a couple of hours ago. I kept having to fly and then aim my weapon to try to get into hover mode.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Stronghold boss loot goes directly to your inventory and you see in the post-mission loot screen. I have no idea why it works this way.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
be happy that you don´t see it i guess...because it is far from good

If he's forcing 1080p then the game is infinitely smoother and more enjoyable to play on the Pro than on any other console. It's obviously not a locked 60fps but it sure beats the drops to the low 20's on the other consoles.

It's all meaningless tbh as this build of the game will be two months old by the time the game releases and optimisation is the final part of the development process. The final game will run much better than the demos. People need to chill but I guess this is the internet afterall.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Whelp, I just finished up chatting with MS and got my Legion of Dawn edition refunded. This demo has done more harm than good in my circle of friends. After playing, my two Destiny buddies have decided to cancel their preorder, which led to me cancelling mine. Even with matchmaking in place, Anthem doesn't feel as solo friend as Destiny, so I'll just wait for them to make up their minds.

Why did they cancel? Same reasons cited by other people - clunky combat, poor UI, terrible performance, horrible mission markers, etc. All three of us are tired of Destiny, but the demo was off-putting enough to make them return to D2 for just a bit longer.

Another thing that made me finally cancel was when I thought back to the D1 beta. Even with nothing to do, I just loved running around Old Russia in the D1 beta because it all felt so good to play. I've got Anthem sitting on my drive and have no desire to run around in freeplay like that in the game's current state.

I guess the stakes just went up for the Division 2 beta.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Stopped playing have no interest in continuing, never been so hyped for a game for it to come crashing down so hard.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I had a bug where it wouldnt let me revive anyone, and once we all died the game crashed.

The kidnapper escari fight in mission 2 is massively unfun and every time i attempt it some weird crash, bug or server disconnect gets in my way.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
as far as controls go. I had a rough time of it...till i remapped the buttons onto xbox elite controller. Wasn't a big fan of all the L3/R3 stuff

now i got fly and hover on the left back paddles. Feels way better

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It should've been a rogue class with stealth mechanics and big critical hits. Or at least a sword wielding class with some freedom as to how you swing and combo your attacks.

I'm not sure what they went for in its current state. It doesn't even have the most satisfying melee attack which is very awkaward. But at least has the most fun and fluid movement.
Interceptor is all about speed, movement and close range. I was ONLY doing melee at first, but now that I started combining it with a shottie and proper powers, I can zoom to someone, attack, combo, shoot if need be, get out of danger super quick too.

I can stagger the yellow health brutes so they cannot attack my comrades, and can dash fairly easily to turrets when they arent aiming at me. The super is 100% not made for dealing damage though. It is made primarily as either an Oh-shit button to survive, or a button if your 1-3 of your teammates go down you can turn into jesus and save them.

As an interceptor you are not the primary damage dealer, you are there to get in get out and support however you can. It'd be nice if Bungie could add more critical hit options for them, but it ain't the end of the world if they don't as I have found its use and I like it.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't know that, I just thought you didn't get anything at all. How do you know what you got from the boss?

You get two Rare quality Weapons and Two Rare Unique (class specific) Gear Items. It shows that you get these rewards in one of the tabs of the Journal for completing Tyrant Mine. On that post-mission loot screen there's nothing that indicates specifically which you got from the boss itself and that's further muddied because the demo currently awards Unique Gear items from *any* class instead of the class you're using specifically but you should notice a big difference in total loot earned if you compare the Loot screen you get for completing Tyrant Mine with one where you quit out after the second chest.

There's going to be variables depending on incidental drops you get from the mobs throughout but it should still be an obvious difference in total loot.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
Couple of things that I noticed that could shed some light on some of these issues.

2) Silence the Relic. Sometimes the final relic does not have the map indicator even though it's there. You have to double check all the areas to find it.

5) There are two phases of the collect 12 echoes section of The Stronghold. The second phase that initiates after you collect the first 8 echoes does not require you to clear the waves of enemies. The actual goal of this phase is to kill "The Gatekeeper" and pick up the key it drops. Only then will the cages indicate that they have echoes and be able to be unlocked. So most likely in your situation, your group killed The Gatekeeper but didn't run over and pick up the key.

Also... there are all kinds of funky bugs that can be triggered in the stronghold if a player gets disconnected and almost all of them prevent the rest of the group from continuing to whatever the next phase is.

Thanks. I checked two of the caves and just kind of figured it was bugged, but its possible the relic was in the one I didn't checked. Teammates were also flying around all over the place so I assumed one of them would have seen it, but since I didn't check that third cave I can't say for sure it wasn't there.

And wow, thanks for the bit on the Gatekeeper. I thought we just had to kill him, so I'm guessing we really just didn't pick up the key.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
If he's forcing 1080p then the game is infinitely smoother and more enjoyable to play on the Pro than on any other console. It's obviously not a locked 60fps but it sure beats the drops to the low 20's on the other consoles.

It's all meaningless tbh as this build of the game will be two months old by the time the game releases and optimisation is the final part of the development process. The final game will run much better than the demos. People need to chill but I guess this is the internet afterall.

it looks like ass when forcing 1080p on a big 4K TV, the graphics are very grainy and the colours pale when doing so.

and that the game runs better when the final release comes...well, let´s wait and see i guess but they´ve lost many potential customers with this demo-me included

Unr3al

Nov 10, 2018
1080p Ultra

Windows 7: 40fps

anthemdemo2019-02-020vhjip.png

Windows 10: 71fps

anthemdemo2019-02-0203fku0.png

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
yeah... this just isn't for me. still a perfectly serviceable loot shooter and some will dig it but i can't imagine why i'd want to play this with Division 2 around the corner.

i'll give it another whirl at launch with EA access but i'd be surprised it i don't just play it for like an hour and uninstall it

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
As I was playing more today, I discovered why the game didn't seem to be as fluid in action as it should be, even if looked like a fluid game. It's a game that gives priority to animations than to controls, which is pretty bad in a fairly fast paced action game like this.
If I press the key of an ability while I was meleeing someone, nothing would happen, it would only work once I stop meleeing the enemy AND the animation stops. Or if press the ultimate key to avoid dying when I hit a wall flying near a shield+flamethrower guy (while being very low in health!), again it doesn't work, because my character is busy playing some stagger and recover animation.

This system applies to everything, really, for example I was missing some hits in the Interceptor ultimate because how the game wouldn't turn the character while I was punching someone, or mortar shots can miss because they don't fire when you click the button, so the game doesn't feel as responsive and snappy as it would be ideal.

yup, it is clunky

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Interceptor is all about speed, movement and close range. I was ONLY doing melee at first, but now that I started combining it with a shottie and proper powers, I can zoom to someone, attack, combo, shoot if need be, get out of danger super quick too.

I can stagger the yellow health brutes so they cannot attack my comrades, and can dash fairly easily to turrets when they arent aiming at me. The super is 100% not made for dealing damage though. It is made primarily as either an Oh-shit button to survive, or a button if your 1-3 of your teammates go down you can turn into jesus and save them.

As an interceptor you are not the primary damage dealer, you are there to get in get out and support however you can. It'd be nice if Bungie could add more critical hit options for them, but it ain't the end of the world if they don't as I have found its use and I like it.

Don't forget that you can use the Interceptor's Ult to take out groups of enemies. When you attack an enemy and move away it leaves an after image of you still doing damage to that target. So you can dash around between a bunch of enemies and take out the whole pack if they're grouped well enough.

Can you craft higher tier stuff in the demo? Seems like only Common is unlocked?

Check the Journal then go to Challenges and select the items you're looking to craft. It will show you what you need to do to unlock the higher level blueprints. Rare is the highest you can unlock in the demo.

Thanks. I checked two of the caves and just kind of figured it was bugged, but its possible the relic was in the one I didn't checked. Teammates were also flying around all over the place so I assumed one of them would have seen it, but since I didn't check that third cave I can't say for sure it wasn't there.

And wow, thanks for the bit on the Gatekeeper. I thought we just had to kill him, so I'm guessing we really just didn't pick up the key.

No problem. Some of this stuff I learned through playing. Some I learned through watching others.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Just played this for about an hour with some friends.

Wooooow. This is so bad. We had no idea what we were doing 90% of the time and the loot we got at the end wasn't very good.

Mission: defend the circle for ten minutes while you fight an infinite number of bugs.

So fun. Zzzzz.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Don't forget that you can use the Interceptor's Ult to take out groups of enemies. When you attack an enemy and move away it leaves an after image of you still doing damage to that target. So you can dash around between a bunch of enemies and take out the whole pack if they're grouped well enough.

Check the Journal then go to Challenges and select the items you're looking to craft. It will show you what you need to do to unlock the higher level blueprints. Rare is the highest you can unlock in the demo.

No problem. Some of this stuff I learned through playing. Some I learned through watching others.
To unlock them you need to do the quests for that weapon. Using a certain weapon and getting kills unlocks the next tier.

Oh rad ok. Thanks.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017

Wooooow. This is so bad. We had no idea what we were doing 90% of the time and the loot we got at the end wasn't very good.

Mission: defend the circle for ten minutes while you fight an infinite number of bugs.

So fun. Zzzzz.

you don't even get xp from killing bugs

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
It can really be difficult to grasp how difficult it is to develop a game of this scope. The Anthem Beta was released very recently. The developers will probably/hopefully make note of the issues everyone is having, and will attempt to patch as many of them as possible before launch and some time after. That's just a very likely possibility. It's not an argument that the game WON'T be underwhelming or even bad - it's pointing out that it's possible for many of the technical issues to be fixed to the point where it's more subjective whether it's bad or not. But even now, a lot of people seem to be enjoying it well enough.

So again, nothing is truly final yet until the final product is released and everyone plays it over the course of a decent chunk of time. There have been several games which had nearly disastrous launches, but most of those issues were patched out. I'm not saying it isn't a bad thing that a game is janky in beta or might not be completely polished ready in time for launch - but even if it's janky for a while, it doesn't mean that it will end up staying that way.

No, it's not "difficult to grasp", and again, you were replying to someone who said that the game wouldn't have the majority of its problems fixed within the next two weeks, which seems to be what you keep ignoring. No one argued against the game being fixed over time.

None of this matters if the EA servers can't even allow people to finish a single Stronghold.

Oct 25, 2017
yeah... this just isn't for me. still a perfectly serviceable loot shooter and some will dig it but i can't imagine why i'd want to play this with Division 2 around the corner.

i'll give it another whirl at launch with EA access but i'd be surprised it i don't just play it for like an hour and uninstall it

Yeah, definitely going to use the EA Access trial, but have they announced whether or not the 'Day One' patch will be released prior to the trial opening up?
I *think* I played the Battlefield V trial several days before it's Day One update hit, and I couldn't figure out why they'd let anyone play without the most recent update.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017

Its like the fighting from the pre-Origins Assassins Creed games. Animations once initiated need to play out fully. This is especially apparent with the Intercepter melee.

TCi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

So fun. Zzzzz.
If you have no idea what you are doing, how do you know if the loot isn't very good?

It seems you don't understand what a loot game is. This goes to a lot of negative people in regards of combat. The gist of the game is at max level. That is when the game begins in terms of loot/combat/mechanics. It will be a completely different game all together at Master 1. Sure you have a story to do, but this is not where the game is done. The end game is the loot drops and mechanics at max level. And likely some content can only be done at this level of gear power too.

The post might just be a poorly done troll. But I am getting tired of people not actually wanting to learn the game. Sure the demo have lots of bugs. But the core combat and mechanics are good, even at low level.

Loot games require grinding for hours to perfect a build or gear. Fair enough if that is not what you want, but at least try to learn a game before throwing baseless shit around.

Last edited:

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Finished the first mission in the demo.

Performance was ... fine, on my PC. Looked like a stable 60fps.

Running a Ryzen 5 @ 3600 Mhz, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB RAM.

I'm not sure how I feel about the combat at this point. I know it's only the first mission but It's not really grabbing me.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's insane that there is not at least a chest for the group to celebrate the accomplishment of beating the stronghold, literally every other loot game has this
There are a lot of things in this game related to loot that makes it look like Bioware designed this game in a vacuum like other looter shooters don't exist or they never played them. Bizarre choices in multiple areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.