• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Running a lot better for me than last week.
I'm liking the weather effects.
Anyone on PC know how I can add extra motion blur? Jk

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
When i select Start Expedition after a loading screen it says error retrieving Anthem live service data.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Deleted member 20850

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
or you could just wait until the game comes out and see if people still have problems with it

This doesn't work for one of us and is a demo. We will probably cancel the preorders. Not going to spend money on this with even a small chance of it being unplayable. At least not at full price.

If it works for others and they have fun with it I am happy for them. And maybe we jump in later. Hard to say.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
This may sound blasphemous, but I think this game plays better overall with a controller than M+KB.

I mean, I would probably just play it like that instead of M+KB, it's not like it's a super competitive game and you need the mouse to be able to compete.

Also woow, I just played the Storm javelin for the first time and my game is playing around 20-28 FPS instead of the 40-45 I usually get with the other javelins. Now, I'm no big city developah, but I would think that having a constant effect in the form of a blue fuzz around a javelin that is already having FPS problems due to their attacks is probably not a good idea.

SofaJockey

Nov 19, 2017
UK
How would strongholds and contracts be everything?
They have teams working on more stuff.

There's the critical path while it's coming.

First people laugh at it for being a 'Destiny clone'
then when it has different end content to a 'raid' they get upset?

Perhaps it's its own thing?
It will build content its own way.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017

For once, people would like a game that's actually good at launch and don't have to wait months for the actual content.

We also have 0 idea what that future content even is.

What does having a raid have anything to do with Destiny? Do you really think it's the only game with raids? Even Division is adding raids in it's sequel and it got huge praise.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
This is making my computer straight up hard crash into a forced restart. No idea if it's video card or cpu related but no game has ever done this before. 2080ti/9900k

This thing runs my CPU at a ridiculous temp compared to every other game so it could be shutting down due to that, mine seems to come close, even just loading screens run it at 100% sometimes

Josecitox

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina

No, enough of the "evolving" excuse bullshit. The game is going against Destiny in it's best state ever and The division 2 a hopefully even better game than the first one after it's comeback. Both game had to be REDONE, not "evolved", both had to launch with an idea that devs had to completely change cause they didn't know what the fuck were they doing. Anthem has been in development since 2012, what's their excuse?

Destiny 1 launched barebones after a complete reboot of the game but it's gameplay foundations and some key content were the major redeeming qualities to start over with the rest of the game, Anthem doesn't have any of that as of today.

So when people expect and view this game as a major time investment, and what detailed reasons to invest that time in the game, you better have clear answers and not the "evolving" excuse bullshit.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played the first mission with a buddy of mine. Worked fine.

He wants to buy it now.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Initial impressions on PC are not great. Controls are just awful on KB+M, my lord what the hell is this?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little confused about this Colossus Flamethrower/Lightning Coil combo everyone is talking about. Does the Flamethrower prime enemies? Because I'm not seeing the icon. Then again, I'm not seeing the icon on the Lightning Coil but it does mention in the description that it detonates.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
BoringTimelyBantamrooster.gif

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Game clearly isn't for me. I wasn't really hyped for but figured I'd give it a go anyway. If there's more to the game it should have just dropped you in, the first mission was so dull it put me off going any further.

I wouldn't mind trying out the suits and don't really get why we don't start with them. It presents an extremely generic mission rife with framerate issues that also highlights the loading issue as an introduction to the game. It's an awful first impression.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
LOL at mouse controls while flying... the whole system is based on pad controls, so you fly straight when the analog stick is centered.

The problem is that the mouse isn't a fu**ing analog stick, it doesn't center automatically on the mousepad, so you have to compensate the movement all the time trying to finding the ipotetical center of the emulated analog stick... and you end by fly to left and right like a moron.

Jeez, how incompetent they are? This is pure trash...

[btw the game runs like crap even at minimum (i7/1060 6GB, tryied with all on ultra for the graphics and... it's pretty ugly) and it's boring to play (just the typical sponge enemies why no IA), but the broken controls are just the icing on the cake]

Josecitox

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
What, you mean starts of weak but then due to continues support and amazing new content, it does well? Yup, sounds possible.

So, you have a vision of the game and proceed to develop what you think that is.
You release said game and people hate it cause it's nowhere near what you were promising.
You proceed to fix the game after you have proper feedback of what it needs to be.

Sounds like developers are a bunch of insecure people who have no idea of what are they doing. Sounds harsh, i know, but how else do you explain this constant methodology of work.
And no, do not tell me game development is hard cause there's a lot of other studios/creators who don't give a damn about what we think, spend 5 + years developing a game and die with that vision whether we like it or not.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
3 Strongholds.... ehh. I'm not convinced that's going to be enough to keep me playing for long.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
If it's true that you can only do 1 Legendary Contract a day then endgame farm will only be Strongholds and that's it (I wonder if that's limited too), pretty depressing.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
What, you mean starts of weak but then due to continues support and amazing new content, it does well? Yup, sounds possible.
After how Titanfall 2 was treated, I wouldn't have too much hope in EA allowing them to continue support if the game tanks.

Titanfall 2 was even growing in popularity when they pulled Respawn away from it.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be really content light like Destiny and The Division. I am shocked that another company going into GAAS would make the same damn mistake as the other two games when they first came out.

SofaJockey

Nov 19, 2017
UK
For once, people would like a game that's actually good at launch and don't have to wait months for the actual content.
We also have 0 idea what that future content even is.
What does having a raid have anything to do with Destiny? Do you really think it's the only game with raids? Even Division is adding raids in it's sequel and it got huge praise.

I simply don't understand why people are flailing over the 'end game' when they have yet to play the actual game.
It has a story, missions, stuff to do. People will be wanting to skip the cutscenes next.

I don't like spoilers so I'd be happier if there's no end game 'routemap' or what it's called is released at all, so we can discover stuff as it arrives.

As for these 'raids', Destiny has no match-making so I didn't do those and the Division was so empty of player there was no-one to matchmake with.

I find it frankly bizarre that people are taking expectations from Destiny and Division and expecting BioWare to shoe-horn them into how BioWare games do things.

Already I'm finding Anthem has a deep BioWare 'feel' even if it's RPG-light and it plays pretty wonderfully from where I'm sitting.

TL;DR: It's not Destiny / Warframe / the Division, nor should it be. I'm very bemused by some of the reactions.

WizzNARD

Jan 5, 2018

Heres my thing, and I really like the game and want it do well, but 3 strongholds and a daily mission is just not enough. I don't see how "more stuff is coming" is an excuse for launching with a pretty bare bones endgame.

People keep talking about critical path and "30 levels" and whatever. But the thing is, the endgame is really important to a game like this, and what they have right now, when we don't know what or how much of anything else we are gonna get, is very thin. Unless it takes weeks and weeks to get to endgame, which I doubt, people are going to get there faster than you think, and not just the hardcore. And with the lack of things to do and strive for people will bounce off it quick.

There are too many choices in this space around the same time: Destiny 2 with a new season The division 2 and other choices like Warframe for people to stick around and wait for more content.

Again, I really like the game. Will get it at launch. But to defend the game when it is clearly lacking in endgame activities (that we know of) is just.. I don't know.

To me, I'm a fan and I'm really bummed about the endgame as we know it now.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
I simply don't understand why people are flailing over the 'end game' when they have yet to play the actual game.
It has a story, missions, stuff to do. People will be wanting to skip the cutscenes next.

I don't like spoilers so I'd be happier if there's no end game 'routemap' or what it's called is released at all, so we can discover stuff as it arrives.

As for these 'raids', Destiny has no match-making so I didn't do those and the Division was so empty of player there was no-one to matchmake with.

I find it frankly bizarre that people are taking expectations from Destiny and Division and expecting BioWare to shoe-horn them into how BioWare games do things.

Already I'm finding Anthem has a deep BioWare 'feel' even if it's RPG-light and it plays pretty wonderfully from where I'm sitting.

TL;DR: It's not Destiny / Warframe / the Division, nor should it be. I'm very bemused by some of the reactions.
I don't think you understand the purpose of a GaaS game if you don't get why people make a big deal out of the endgame

No one is saying it's like those games. Having a raid in an MMO or an MMO-lite game is standard, and is always expected. Not having any is a mistake.

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
My impressions of doing the quest line and stronghold. I'm on a Xbox one x with dedicated fast internet.

My criticisms seem to be the same as most people.

Loading screens in missions. Big Negative.

Walking in hub is slow and laggy. It's only me in here. Why is it so laggy and the frame rate is low. Will this hub be more interactive? It seems just like an added time waste or chore to get back to the action at this point.

Middle of combat can be a laggy mess.

Rain does not look good and they probably should not have added it.

Audio/music in the bar is pretty muted. Doesn't feel like a space age bar to me.

Enemy movements bounce in and out during missions.

There are a lot of technical issues with this game right now.

The gameplay is fine and I think I would enjoy it in the long term. I'm just not interested in beta testing their 60 dollar game.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
At this point, it's all just words. Until people start playing the full version and the actual amount of content is felt, its all subjective. Of course some players will burn through it and moan about it, for others it will be hours and hours of fun. Not long now.

Status
Not open for further replies.