• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think anybody would give a damn if they didn't say there won't be any downgrades. If they pretend there won't be people can call them out on it. It being an alpha doesn't give them a free pass on bullshitting people.

Fun fact: You are using a YouTube video of a game not even released yet to claim a graphic downgrade that you can't even tell is happening or not because the second video shows a stage of the game that is drastically altered from the first video. Changing how the area looks =! graphical downgrade.

Wait until the game comes out to start these threads.

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
DJZjl6F.gif

Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
Not too much to go off of in the op and YouTube is never the best source but the second pic clearly looks worse to me, regardless of compression and what have you.

Doesn't bother me at all though. I thought what was shown initially looked way too good to be true. Game still looks awesome though from what little footage I've taken a look at.

This thread feels kinda weird though. Seems like most people are upset at people being upset at a downgrade yet I'm not seeing anyone actually getting upset or acting irrationally or calling out the devs.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fun fact: You are using a YouTube video of a game not even released yet to claim a graphic downgrade that you can't even tell is happening or not because the second video shows a stage of the game that is drastically altered from the first video. Changing how the area looks =! graphical downgrade.

Wait until the game comes out to start these threads.
I didn't use anythign nor did I start the thread.
It's drastically altered allright.
Dont even look like the same place.
You can even see the same kind of cups dangling on the left side, one is just a few farther feet away. Come on.

ohitsluca

Oct 29, 2017
The video you are screenshotting specifically says that you can upgrade that area as time goes on, and it will dynamically change. Let's reserve judgement until the final game is out, not that a small downgrade would be the end of the world anyways

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Top one was probably a mock up for the designers to start building an actual game from. Definitely never ran on console hardware, so I can see why Bioware has no problem lying about this.

That being said, the game is going to get downgraded a LOT MORE before release.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really see the puddlegate comparison. Just look at those two sequences

The presentation is worlds apart.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Watch the rest of the second video. Your screen from that video is at the very beginning of it, and there's some important info in the last few minutes in regards to how Tarsis evolves. More NPCs + more pots/drapery/etc. on shop fronts will likely come along with Tarsis' evolution as you progress. Not to mention time of day makes a huge difference in terms of lighting.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It doesn't make sense to compare youtube videos/streamings from diferent locations, time of the day, probably different hardware and so on.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
What about the puddles though?? Not fetching my pitchfork to your witch hunt until I see the puddles!

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
I'm always laughing at those "alpha" builds just a few months before release. It's just a way for developers to avoid criticism.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Surely we're at a point where we're mature enough adults to understand/know that basically all games get downgraded/changed to an extent and that it's not the end of the world?
Surely devs are at a point where they don't have to claim it won't have any downgrades one year before release when they know basically all games get downgraded/changed to an extent.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
Guys, if you are not interested on this subject, simply do not post on this thread, the downgrade is real and it should be addressed

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
No shit, there is no way to create a crowd system like the one above, it's just too many assets and animations and code to make it all work in a game. Whenever such crowds appear in a trailer, yeah, that's bullshit and it's totally not going to be like that in the real game.
Honestly, it probably wouldn't even be fun.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Literally who the fuck legitimately cares?

I hate to sound so harsh, but Christ. It's every damn time with games like this. Game looks unrealistically great at reveal, people look at it in awe, game looks slightly-less-great-but-still-pretty-good close to release, Gamers™ cry and whine.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any footage of the game for vanilla PS4 and X1? That is probably where things will be interesting. It still probably won't be as bad as Watch Dogs tho.

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As usual, we should wait for the people who do these comparisons for a living, i.e. Digital Foundry, NXGamer, before using YT videos as the baseline. This thread is a joke. The game isn't even out yet!

Deleted member 49535

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I don't really see the puddlegate comparison. Just look at those two sequences

The presentation is worlds apart.

The difference is quite clear and it's not only the lighting or number of people, it's the level of detail in the background. The first one looks like a next-gen game while the second like a standard PS4 game (IMO).

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Texture detail and geometry density have clearly dropped for distant objects.

Im sure theres a "super ultra" option to have the details pop in much much early.
But geometry detail and density is undeniable, probably needed to clean the scene up having that much shit just around doesnt seem pointful.

But as others have pointed out, it could be a differnt area different point in the story or just the usual we changed shit because we wanted to(artistic choice).
Having that much shit around is possible but not needed when not trying to show off.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Literally who the fuck legitimately cares?

I hate to sound so harsh, but Christ. It's every damn time with games like this. Game looks unrealistically great at reveal, people look at it in awe, game looks slightly-less-great-but-still-pretty-good close to release, Gamers™ cry and whine.

Seriously, it makes me feel like droves of ppl went around telling ppl "yo check out the graphics its gonna be sick and they wont downgrade" and then take it personally when they find out the tru fax.

Like if this type of attention were spread outside of the gaming hobby id be happy, but when it comes to selling games jesus christ

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Sigh, are we really doing this? I mean, why are downgrade complaints a thing. If the game looks amazing but runs like crap, people complain. If it runs great but has to be compromised in the visuals, people complain. Besides, this is alpha footage and it looks compressed.

Argh

Dmonzy

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't use anythign nor did I start the thread.
It's drastically altered allright.

You can even see the same kind of cups dangling on the left side, one is just a few farther feet away. Come on.
Those cups are copy/pasted several times throughout the fort and can be seen in the recent video of it. A better comparison is the brickwork on the ground and how it's different.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't y'all learn with Spider-Man to maybe actually wait for the game to come out before you complain about the graphics

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Official Staff Communication
Thread Locked, when more footage and analysis is provided. Someone else can make a thread on this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.