• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking about making a thread for this info. Really cool to see Bioware being this reactive to their potential audience as this couldn't have been easy to implement this close to the launch of the game and with several large betas about to go on.

Edit: whoops!

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Loving the variety in armour sets, that heavy looks like a diving suit. Cool addition as well!

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I honestly assumed there would be a social hub. It didn't even occur to me to ask for it.

Newlove

Oct 28, 2017
England
I was just thinking about making a thread for this info. Really cool to see Bungie being this reactive to their potential audience as this couldn't have been easy to implement this close to the launch of the game and with several large betas about to go on.

Bungie? Lol But yeah pretty cool to add when it sounds like it was not planned for launch.

Lies

Oct 27, 2017
Social hub? Great. So like, what's next on the list of missed expectations?

- pvp
- raids
- proper end game content
- other?

They have a week or two.
Fingers crossed!

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

- pvp
- raids
- other?

They have a week or two.
Fingers crossed!

Considering they told us it was a PvE game since the beginning PvP should have never been a missed expectation.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Can they bang?

Also misread that as Taris at first.

The horror..

MaleUnkemptAustraliansilkyterrier-max-1mb.gif

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Considering they told us it was a PvE game since the beginning PvP should have never been a missed expectation.

I hope PVP stays far away unless they implement an "arena" type of PVP where everyone has standardized weapons/armor for JUST PVP.

The worst thing they can do is to try to mix the weapons/armor in the main game to the PVP game causing balance issues which will either ruin the PVE or PVP portions of the game eventually.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I don't for a second believe that this is a direct result of fans asking for it post closed alpha, so " we listened to you" just seems like an opportunity to get some goodwill by showing that they give fans what they wanted even if it was already in development long before fans asked for it.

Things like these don't get added in merely a month, there's the art, content creation as well as networking implementations to think of that has to have been in place since like atleast summer-autumn last year. The game world (in mission) has 4 players at max in the map, so a social hub supporting 16 players would have only been possible if it was thought of from way before rather than just 2 months before launch.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34618

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Pretty cool that the developers of a multiplayer focused rpg did not consider spontaneous player interaction to be a needed feature until asked by fans. Gives me a lot of faith in this game, yup.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I cannot for a second believe that this is a direct result of fans asking for it post closed alpha.
Things like these don't get added in merely a month, there's the art, content creation as well as networking implementations to think of that has to have been in place since like atleast summer-autumn last year.

People interested in the game have been poking them about a social hub since they said it wouldn't have one back at E3.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

- pvp
- raids
- other?

They have a week or two.
Fingers crossed!

You do realize that adding a PvP mode would be a nightmare. Check out Destiny for a live action car wreck.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty cool that the developers of a multiplayer focused rpg did not consider spontaneous player interaction to be a needed feature until asked by fans. Gives me a lot of faith in this game, yup.

It isn't necessarily mulitplayer focused when everything can be done solo.

Jesus I swear some people are grasping at straws to find things to complain about in Anthem threads.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I keep feeling like this game is tryna get me to jump into a committed relationship while I'm still healing from an eerily similar ex's (Destiny) mistakes.

It never occurred to me that there wouldn't be a social hub...thanks?

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
That's the fastest they've responded to fan requests.

http://blog.bioware.com/2019/01/22/one-month-to-go/

The launch of Anthem is not the end – it's the beginning of an ongoing story in which you are a critical element. If there's something you want more of, we can build it. If something isn't right, let us know. And the story itself will unfold over time based on how you play the game.

It seems to be a continuation of what they laid out in their newsletter recently.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yet tons of people play still Destiny PVP because its fun. Is it balanced? Nope. But its fun and optional for the most part.

And tons of people play stuff like Borderlands without PvP. Not every game needs it and Anthem was designed from the beginning with nothing but PvE in mind.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
And tons of people play stuff like Borderlands without PvP. Not every game needs it and Anthem was designed from the beginning with nothing but PvE in mind.

You're right.. not every game needs it.. but Anthem better be delivering in the PVE department then. Guess we'll find out next month!

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Get cross play (and cross save) next and I'll play this game till the servers are shut down.

Last edited:

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
Probably been working on it for a while but didn't want to say anything until they were sure it would work properly.

Glad to see it's inclusion!

Oct 27, 2017
While cool, it's unnecessary. I really can't believe this is something people wanted Bioware to use resources on. Here's hoping PVP is ignored completely.

Wurdfurd

Oct 27, 2017
Cross play/save is the only feature I care about. Without it I'm out. Everyone I know if getting it on Xbox/PS4, whereas I want it on PC.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
seems like copying destiny...all the way down to the number of players in the social space iirc

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Were people not expecting a social hub? Feel like I'm missing something here, seems like the most obvious inclusion in this sort of game