• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
Today the Anthem Icetide event will be launching for this interested. With this event comes a few new things, challenges and some nice new armors. They've also increased the weapon drop and doing high end content will now grant you much better stats for the weapons. The event should last about 8 weeks.

KSPPIWt.png

New Features

Welcome to Icetide
- Shaper devices have brought localized ice storms into Bastion, bringing excitement with every glittering snowflake across the region. Ice is rare here, but when it arrives, people know that Icetide celebrations will soon follow. Holiday lights shine throughout Fort Tarsis, their bright colors sparkling on blankets of snow

Seasonal Themed Strongholds - Each week a different featured seasonal Stronghold will unlock for players—now including score leaderboards. If you're up to the challenge, compete with other Freelancers for the highest score. Visit the Seasonal Store to exchange your Crystal for War Chests.

Freeplay Time Trials - Have you ever wanted to put your javelin flight and navigation skills to the test? Join Freeplay, and race through eight time trials that can be found in Bastion. Try to beat our Gold times!

New Legendary World Event: Icetide Coolant Harvesting - Help the Arcanist harvest precious coolant resources while fighting off the outlaw forces that are trying to steal it from you.

New Challenges - Explore the Challenges to see vanity rewards! Gain new armor sets, special time trial wraps, and more.

New Hidden Collectables - Explore the region to find all Festive Wreaths.

Icetide Cortex Entries - Explore the region to find new story entries to add to your Cortex.

More Powerful Drops in Grandmaster 3 - All Legendary loot drops on GM3 now drop with +5 Gear Score.

New Tomb of Legionnaires Offering - New Guardians' Tokens are granted through daily and weekly challenges. Freelancers can make offerings of a Guardian Token and additional crafting materials within the Tombs of the Legionnaires to gain a random Legendary item. Each tomb grants different items, but all items have a +5 gear score.
  • Tomb of Artinia: Legendary Weapons
  • Tomb of Cariff: Legendary Gear
  • Tomb of Yvenia: Legendary Melee Weapons and Javelin-Specific Components
  • Tomb of Gawnes: Legendary Support Gear and Universal Components
New Seasonal Cosmetic Items - Visit the Featured Store throughout the season for new Icetide-themed cosmetics.

Here is a look at the new armor sets for the winter event. Honestly these look amazing and the detail is so good.

You can see a list of big fixes as well at the teams official blog: EA Anthem Game Update Blog

YEKorPo.png

oxs6wAZ.png

GWuJ9Ru.png

Zz7UIxx.png

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's nice to see them doing something but they really need to communicate their plans here. Ff14 updated everyone immediately and these updates feels really weird when there's no dialogue

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
ever wondered how ironman would look like wearing canada goose? there you have it.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Those armors look great!

At this point though I think Anthem Next is the logical jump-back-in point, whenever that happens.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Huh, might actually reinstall this over the holiday and see what's new. Armour sets are great.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What this game needed was substantial content and gameplay changes. These events are like putting lipstick on a corpse.

DanCon

Oct 30, 2017
didnt think mech suits needed fluffy hoods to keep warm...learn something new every day

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Honestly i will go back and play it if they removed the dumb road block in the beginning that was like "kill x amount of these and open these 4 temples to progress story"

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
If the whole Anthem 2.0 thing is still true, this is a nice start. They are finally starting to show new armor for this game. I still can't believe it's less than a year old.

OP
OP
cmagus

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly i will go back and play it if they removed the dumb road block in the beginning that was like "kill x amount of these and open these 4 temples to progress story"
They've made it much easier now, yes you still have to do that stuff but you can start this event at any level and honestly the amount of loot drops now you can easily over power and burn through that content super fast.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
The 3 people still playing this will be ecstatic.

I don't understand this. We know they are working on a reboot of the game. Meanwhile, they also update the game that exists now for people who already payed for it. How is that a worse situation than if they just abandoned the game people bought for now?

Even Final Fantasy 14 kept getting updated until the release of A Realm Reborn, even though Anthem is GOTY material compared to the original version of that game.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018

They pretty much fixed this by counting the stats for those since you begin playing. By the time I got around to that mission it didn't take long to fulfill the requirements.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure they realize that. Sweeping core changes to the entire game takes a while. These updates are for people who are still playing. It's fine

pretty much. Its weird to hear people flaming a dev for not abandoning their failed game. Anthem is quite a bad game but some of the hate and Schadenfreude, on Era, over its failure is weird.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see they haven't abandoned it completely. as others have said a constant dialogue would go a long way. That was part of the reason why Yoshi-P and FFXIV was so sucessful in their rebirth. I hope they're looking at that game as not only a source of inspiration but a reference point of search if they're serious on going forward with reviving Anthem

OP
OP
cmagus

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
pretty much. Its weird to hear people flaming a dev for not abandoning their failed game. Anthem is quite a bad game but some of the hate and Schadenfreude, on Era, over its failure is weird.
The devs are pretty active on discord and they basically straight up said they have things to fix and that they're done with any hype at this point. When things are ready they wil let the content do the talking. These events are a nice little bit of content to give players still playing something to do and honestly the events so far have been alot of fun and with the game on origin access there have actually been spikes in player numbers either coming back for the events or checking the game out. They need time I'm ok with that as long as we get content updates like this till then.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand this. We know they are working on a reboot of the game. Meanwhile, they also update the game that exists now for people who already payed for it. How is that a worse situation than if they just abandoned the game people bought for now?

Even Final Fantasy 14 kept getting updated until the release of A Realm Reborn, even though Anthem is GOTY material compared to the original version of that game.

Chill. It's a game, a shitty one at that. Don't take it so seriously. I firmly disagree that this was GOTY compared to, well, anything really. I have played it and found it utterly mediocre in every single aspect. My real criticism towards these updates is that they are too little, too late, too inconsequential and too silent.

But if people enjoy them, kudos. Don't want to spoil your fun.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The devs are pretty active on discord and they basically straight up said they have things to fix and that they're done with any hype at this point. When things are ready they wil let the content do the talking. These events are a nice little bit of content to give players still playing something to do and honestly the events so far have been alot of fun and with the game on origin access there have actually been spikes in player numbers either coming back for the events or checking the game out. They need time I'm ok with that as long as we get content updates like this till then.

yup the devs really seem like they want to make this game great and that they know it wasn't.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Expectations: "The Anthem of Creation, capable of doing marvelous things with the power to shape entire realities"
Reality: It makes snow so exoskeletons have to wear clothes.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Is it still runs like shit on console? Doesnt really matter, i wont reinstall it unless they do that 2.0 revamp.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder if they'll pull a Destiny 2 and do the 2.0 re-launch with a Steam release. EA cares more about pushing its Origin subscription service rather than keeping games locked to Origin which would draw more players (Also Apex is coming too).

They'd still have to do major revisions to core engine/design which is why it's taking so goddamn long.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
Imma go play this later. I spent 5 bucks on this game and I more than got my money's worth in the campaign alone. Fantastic game honestly.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I wasn't expecting this after hearing about the reboot. Really good that they are doing both - serving the players now & reworking the game for a relaunch at some point.

It all looks really nice, but Anthem never failed to impress on the visuals. I just find it hard to go back knowing how the balance of pretty much everything was lacking and my damage output/resistance to damage seemed to be a dice roll from activity to activity.

Is it still runs like shit on console? Doesnt really matter, i wont reinstall it unless they do that 2.0 revamp.
I have it on ps4 pro, and even day 1 at the height ofits troubles I wouldn't say it "ran like shit", it was pretty solid bar transitioning from area to area, same thing you see in a lot of open worlds, fraction of a second stuff very rarely.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
when it says "gain new armor" do they mean u can actually get it as a reward.

or is it the same....play for 100 hours and maybe afford 1 or 2 armor sets from the fake eververse like store?

Because i jumped back in last time to get the mass effect armors. And had to it the eject button when i realized i'll never be able to afford the armors unless i put 400 hours in

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
when it says "gain new armor" do they mean u can actually get it as a reward.

or is it the same....play for 100 hours and maybe afford 1 or 2 armor sets from the fake eververse like store?

Because i jumped back in last time to get the mass effect armors. And had to it the eject button when i realized i'll never be able to afford the armors unless i put 400 hours in
You most likely have to buy it with the game currency.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Got the game on both XB1/PS4, might reinstall it but I gotta know which platform has the most players, so I don't lose two hours trying to join a match.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
When this game has it's Taken King moment I will be back because there is simply a ton of potential with this IP. I REALLY want to jump in.

OP
OP
cmagus

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
Remember that you can now trade in your crafting mats to get legendary items which is awesome. This event has been really generous I've gotten a ton of legendary stuff already and the stats have been really good. This is a great option if you wanna get caught up with some end game gear and you can get 3 tokens weekly and 1 token daily so use it to your advantage.

This icon at the top are for guardian tokens
DvGelJR.png

You can get them from completing special marked challenges in your logs
hhhppMM.png

Then on the map you can fast teleport to 1 of 4 shrines and trade them in for a legendary. Each shrine will give you something different, either gear,weapons or support items.
CHeR7jd.png