• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
UnacceptableOccasionalDeermouse-max-1mb.gif

Still quite a few things that aren't perfect but this is mighty impressive.

Stormkyleis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
And at the same framerate as the real thing!

/s

I'm excited to see what modding will look like in a year or two.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
insane

that feel when breath of the wild 2 will be running better on pc via emulator the same day it launches on switch

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Even drops to the low 20s less frequently than the normal game. BotW artstyle scales up really well, looks great.

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
How is it a milestone? Is compatibility still so low that new games normally don't run at launch?

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
I've got good hopes that BOTW2 should be playable at launch or close to launch at this rate.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I remember emulating the N64 pretty well on an old PC as a young kid.

The resolution was a little better, it was imperfect, but it was initially a fun project for the first 10 minutes, and I sold my N64 shortly after to buy a PlayStation I think.

I always regretted this, and never played those N64 games again because it didn't sink in fast enough that overall it's just a shittier experience than just using the N64 appliance itself.

So I see see this today and, meh, I'd rather play it on switch. It's not impressive to throw 400watts at running a 10watt switch game "slightly better" in some weird hacky windows environment.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Really awesome progress! Speaking of BSoD Gaming's channel, I just tried to watch their recent Yuzu video from 4 weeks ago and YouTube tells me I can't cause Nintendo has blocked it from viewing..

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, these emulators have been out for like 2 years if that and their progress has been insane.

Is it really that bad on the Switch? I didn't get around to dl-ing it yet.

Unfortunately. Drops to the teens aren't uncommon and it's pretty much always fluctuating, rarely if ever hitting 30.

I'm hoping it's just the demo but not very confident it'll improve much.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately. Drops to the teens aren't uncommon and it's pretty much always fluctuating, rarely if ever hitting 30.

I'm hoping it's just the demo but not very confident it'll improve much.
Damn that's raw. I might just wait this out like I did BOTW, got it for WiiU dumped and just waited for it to run well in CEMU.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
man.. I have a really hard time playing on the Switch these days

... these videos dont make it easier

I wonder if this Switch Emu will get ported to Xbox running in dev mode? I bet Series X could handle this easily..

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really starting to need that switch pro, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

But yeah, what ^Ninjadom said makes sense... Makes me sad though