• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is that as you your private life becomes more public, the things that you're comfortable doing in private but afraid of doing in public have a greater risk of slipping out.

Yeah, that's a solid point.

Someone coming off streaming for 24 hours straight is probably going to have even worse judgement about what terrible shit they keep private as well.

Is nobody who works at Twitch disturbed by working for a platform which enables, hosts, profits from and gives money to these people?
What do you want them to do? I mean, their reaction to some of this has been questionable at best, but there's quite literally nothing they can do to screen this. That's the whole point of the platform.

Well, I don't think they can necessarily avoid the problem - it is intended to let anyone stream, after all - but they could probably stand to more directly intercede when popular (I guess I don't know if this guy counts?) streamers do shit and be far harsher about what behavior gets you what bans.

Though my ire is much much more aimed towards YouTube when it comes to the sheer irresponsibility of video/streaming platforms.

OP
OP
Akai

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Hope twitch bans this scumbag and anybody else who abuses another human being, disgusting behaviour.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope that girl leaves him. He mentions that he should probably break up with her, but it really should be the other way around. I really don't understand why a girl who's been physically abused would continue staying with an abusive bf like that.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Pretty scary to hear this guy say "...I'll kill you" and then that hard slap.

This the guy?

tgOFCrI.png

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
The fact that he already claims to come back with another account means they have grounds to go the extra mile and permanently ban him across several services. I do think that because there is live video of the altercation (albeit the hit being offscreen) the authorities should be involved.

beats his girlfriend and uses slurs. good shit. gamers are so awesome. ugh.
I wonder if people who always associate behavior like this have never left their house their whole life. Being gamers has nothing to do with people being shit. There are awful abusive folks all around the world and most of them likely never played a single game.

I don't see how this is surprising at all. Domestic abuse is common, except with all this live streaming stuff we now have a direct line into the lives of these idiots.
Yep. People who also associate anything negative or immediately label streamers (or TV actors, celebrities, etc) the same way seem to neglect that this has always existed and well before streaming became a thing. Now there are new types of windows into seeing it go down.

It's not about streamers, it's about toxic masculinity.
Yep, there is a lot wrong with humanity across various cultures. Whether you're a gamer, sports fan, merch collector, poor or rich - doesnt matter. Awful people exist across the entire spectrum of human existence.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I'm definitely going to hell because I kinda expected the "shot counter" in the upper left corner to go to 23 after the first slap.

I hope this ban will be permanent, another domestic abuse controversy so soon after previous one should hopefully get twitch to reconsider.

Oct 25, 2017
You have to be a real piece of shit to hit the person you are supposed to love. I would never in a million years put my hands on my wife. How can you do that?

NegativeCero

Oct 28, 2017
I always wonder if people who know these people find out. Like if I was her brother or father and I found out about this dude laying a hand on my family member there would be problems. At what point is the toxicity in this relationship worth being this shitty of a human being. I'm glad this guy and that last guy are getting blacklisted because there's no excuse for this crap.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Man, Domestic Violence needs to be an immediate Permanent Ban for First Offenses and any and all future accounts by said piece of shit.

Fuck abusers.

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking scumbag. Domestic violence is unfortunately common enough that it was bound to show up on livestreams eventually. People who try to defend this peice of shit are also scumbags.

Oct 25, 2017
But like seriously, who falls for this trick? Especially if the streamer has over a couple hundred viewers, what are the chances they care about you that much? Are these people really that lonely?

I feel like there are a lot of socially awkward people that fall for this. Remember the person that stalked Meg Turney?

A lot of streamers build up the "community" aspect of it. Which isn't bad. But you have a lot of people who watch it that really feel like these people are their friends.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
What a piece of shit. At least we can be thankful pieces of shit like this are also idiots who leave live streams on so this stuff gets recorded. I hope the police get involved because they have clear evidence.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
What the fuck is up with streamers beating their gfs on stream.

I mean... they allowed the platform to stay as toxic as it is chatwise... It was always going to fester and become an attractive platform for scumbags if you allow that shit to exist long enough. Now its a well known site and everyone knows about it, and the shitheads know their trash behaviour is typically accepted there.

Just wait until this shit finally hits a tipping point and advertisers start walking sideways away from Twitch. You think the YT Adpocolypse was bad....

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This shit will keep occurring for as long as the platform owner keeps regulating jackshit, other than what female streamers are allowed to wear and in what other platforms their partners are allowed to stream on, of course.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Thread whining
Is it really necessary to report that some scumbag with 1000 followers hit his gf?

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Argh. Makes me sick... and what a username. :(

On a more positive note/aside, any good streamers that are more along the lines of LGR or MLIG?

Oct 27, 2017
My reaction is based on a lot of things happening in the gaming, YouTube and streaming community lately. It's not even the domestic assault that surprises me, it's the way he behaves after. I don't even think he's lying. That is really how he views it.

I can't begin to comprehend how the thought process works in people like this.
They watch tv & look at the president