• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Is nobody who works at Twitch disturbed by working for a platform which enables, hosts, profits from and gives money to these people?
What do you want them to do? I mean, their reaction to some of this has been questionable at best, but there's quite literally nothing they can do to screen this. That's the whole point of the platform.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Quick, just tweet a picture of you with scratch marks from your girlfriend's fingernails! Twitch will forgive you instantly! :D

/vomits

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is nobody who works at Twitch disturbed by working for a platform which enables, hosts, profits from and gives money to these people?

What? What do you want them to do? How can they prevent someone from abusing their wife on Twitch? Isn't the appropriate response to permanently ban them?

Live streaming is always going to capture moments like this of people at their absolute worst because it's unedited and..well...live.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What? What do you want them to do? How can they prevent someone from abusing their wife on Twitch? Isn't the appropriate response to permanently ban them?

Live streaming is always going to capture moments like this of people at their absolute worst because it's unedited and..well...live.

I don't want them to do anything, and I know there's very little they can do. I think I'd just struggle personally knowing I was working for a platform where this seems to be not be a one off.

I'm also not sure the ban is permanent. That last guy who was punching his girlfriend had his ban rescinded.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want them to do anything, and I know there's very little they can do. I think I'd just struggle personally knowing I was working for a platform where this seems to be not be a one off.

I'm also not sure the ban is permanent. That last guy who was punching his girlfriend had his ban rescinded.

That guy was banned again and permanently that time. I agree he shouldn't have been let back on Twitch in the first place though. They need to be better about that.

I get what you're saying but every major platform or form of social media is the same way. If you let people come they will be garbage. They could all do better.

Oct 31, 2017
bbynWl2.png

RangerZero

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
Montreal
User banned (permanent): excusing and rationalizing domestic violence
Let's make it a make problem yeah! This is a la mode afterall. People are fighting sometimes. More than you think. And this is not always bad and mostly not of our business. People always fighted and always will. This doesn't mean we agree with or encourage violence. It's just... life.
If we didn't "see" violence on his twitch, I don't see why the person should be banned.

What's next? fights in movies will soon only be allowed to be "male/male or "female/female" or else its wrong?

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
The fact that he only talks about himself in the Discord text makes it obvious he's selfish. He tries to deny hitting her and then admits it gets physical at times? He obviously hits her and this has obviously happened before. What a piece of shit that his biggest worry was his stream. Pathetic.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
That's really fucked up. That was a loud slap.

ffbd1a02a641291d462fb13a08f959c6.png

On another note, this guy is desperate as hell

Instantly wanting to associate with this person who would assault his SO. Literally the bottom feeder

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
this is your big takeaway from this?
No, but nice try to spin it into something that it isn't. This isn't really a thread that can be big on discussion given its a complete fucking idiot that is hopefully going to get what he deserves. And given the rest of the folks have already covered how disgusting it is, there isn't much else to say.

Let's make it a make problem yeah! This is a la mode afterall. People are fighting sometimes. More than you think. And this is not always bad and mostly not of our business. People always fighted and always will. This doesn't mean we agree with or encourage violence. It's just... life.
If we didn't "see" violence on his twitch, I don't see why the person should be banned.

What's next? fights in movies will soon only be allowed to be "male/male or "female/female" or else its wrong?

Oh. I stand corrected. The fuck. Sarcasm?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

The hell is this shit.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017

What the fuck dude.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I cannot wait for you to complain about how this board is full of SJWs.

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of the more gross parts of this to me is him talking about it on discord and saying he needs to break up with her because it's "not good for him and vice versa". Holy shit, you literally physically abused your girlfriend and you're going to talk about how it's not good for you? He doesn't seem like someone who has internalized his actions at all and would instead blame her for getting him angry.

What a piece of shit.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Lol these threads always remind me that there's this sort of incel trash right here on this board.

ERA needs to fumigate some cockroaches it seems.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope to Christ that this isn't just another stunt. They should ban these people permanently. Even the chatters making light of it.

Oct 30, 2017

In what career field will you not inevitably associate with terrible people? You can't build a bubble around everything in your life. Nor should you guilt yourself into having some personal stake in issues outside yourself.

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden

High IQ take.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What the fuck happened in this guys life Jesus Christ

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds like it hit so hard.

Jesus.

I can't believe stuff like this actually happens.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
They let people stream custom servers as well? I figured with their close connection to Blizzard they wouldn't.
Whoa, I didn't even notice that part, Twitch absolutely does not allow WoW private servers.

It's also grounds for account banning, so I hope that he wasn't banned because of a WoW Private server, because that's a 3-day I think? I really hope he was permanently banned for assault.

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I fear for the future of the human race

Human beings have always been pretty bad if not worse. It's just that with the advent of technology we are capable of seeing a lot more of the bad stuff. I'd even say that things are a little better now than they were throughout the centuries. We still have a ways to go.