• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Fair warning... Audio only, but don't watch, if you can't handle it: https://streamable.com/9vdos

Him lying about it and using the n-word:

rdx7ag7.png

Him trying to justify it on his Discord and confirming the ban by Twitch:

His subscribers seem to be really decent people, too:

YtFi1PK.png

I have no words anymore...

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
What the fuck is up with streamers beating their gfs on stream.

mrtl

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Twitch has moderators now? Too late. Platform has already gone to shit.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If twitch would make big money from his streams, he would be back in 14-30 days.
Man what the fuck is wrong with these people?

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I don't see how this is surprising at all. Domestic abuse is common, except with all this live streaming stuff we now have a direct line into the lives of these idiots.

Feels even worse because you can definitely expect Twitch to do nothing and people to dismiss it as a trend.

YouTube isn't any better, that's just sad.

Oct 27, 2017
Roy, Utah
Big yikes.

I wonder if when you're banned they cancel pending payment for subs and bits as I know it typically takes several weeks. It's the literal least Twitch could do in this case

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
The worst thing, that streamers show something which happens all-across the world. People sucks. I mean home related violence statistic are horrifying....

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wife beating scumbags are old as time. Now that there are streams everywhere they are more public, it's inevitable, but they were always there.

If we can take one good thing about this bullshit is that maybe this huge problem will get more visibility and hopefully law makers will do something fucking finally. Because these fuckers usually get a slap in the wrist and go home again to continue their reign of terror.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Inappropriate commentary/joke
They're Americans so they were clearly just clapping after finishing dinner.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Should be, by internal Twitch protocol, sent to the streamer's country authorities so they can prosecute their citizen. Twitch should have that protocol.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I fear for the future of the human race
Domestic violence isn't anything new, and is sadly far more common than any of us would like to imagine. It being streamed as it's happening is new though, and in a cruel way there's a positive in that because otherwise this discpicable act would only be happening behind closed doors and this person wouldn't be outed for the absolute scumbag he really is.

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing to do with streaming guys... This shit is extremely common. In their case, it just happens to get broadcast to the world. Might be a good wakeup call for some about the reality of domestic abuse. Hopefully. Probably not.

Buddeh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Domestic violence isn't anything new, and is sadly far more common than any of us would like to imagine. It being streamed as it's happening is new though, and in a cruel way there's a positive in that because otherwise this discpicable act would only be happening behind closed doors and this person wouldn't be outed for the absolute scumbag he really is.

My reaction is based on a lot of things happening in the gaming, YouTube and streaming community lately. It's not even the domestic assault that surprises me, it's the way he behaves after. I don't even think he's lying. That is really how he views it.

I can't begin to comprehend how the thought process works in people like this.

OP
OP
Akai

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Big yikes.

I wonder if when you're banned they cancel pending payment for subs and bits as I know it typically takes several weeks. It's the literal least Twitch could do in this case

Would be the right move, but not sure if they can do that? Legally, that is?

I would cancel his payments and donate all of it to a domestic abuse help organization.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
My reaction is based on a lot of things happening in the gaming, YouTube and streaming community lately. It's not even the domestic assault that surprises me, it's the way he behaves after. I don't even think he's lying. That is really how he views it.

I can't begin to comprehend how the thought process works in people like this.
Oh I completely agree, it's beyond depressing.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for him to show up in two weeks telling everyone that we need to be positive and love each other

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Wrong mindset.

The "streamer" part has no consequence onto this... If he was no streamer he would still be the same asshole doing this.
Sorry, that's not what I meant. I'm just so baffled by how two different people beat their girlfriends live for everyone to see.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I guess it shows just how little they fear actual repercussions if they beat their partner while on stream.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Should be, by internal Twitch protocol, sent to the streamer's country authorities so they can prosecute their citizen. Twitch should have that protocol.
Honestly that'd be cool but I'd imagine they would need a dedicated legal team at that point and it could become a real slippery slope. I think Twitch does a good job deplatforming people when appropriate for the most part.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
That was loud. Jeez
A ban seems like mild punishment for someone publicly committing domestic abuse.

Oct 25, 2017
Yea. Domestic violence is much more prominent than I think people know. So that's not a twitch problem. Good to see twitch with the swift ban, but it's crazy that we think if this person had a sizable following they'd be back in a month.

Twitch clearly picks who they want to enforce their rules on and at this point. It's becoming too obvious.

Deleted member 8784

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is nobody who works at Twitch disturbed by working for a platform which enables, hosts, profits from and gives money to these people?