• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Season 3 is easily the weirdest, craziest season of any TV show ever. It was very frustrating at times but I loved every minute.

Can't wait for more.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I would be so greatful for more Twin Peaks.

Season 3 is perfect regardless of where the take 4.

OP
OP
wafflebrain

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the tone/vibe of the season 3 finale. I want more of that.

Yup, I enjoyed The Return overall but the finale had a special kind of atmosphere that was just incredible. If they end up doing more and can maintain that particular feeling from the finale throughout it'll be amazing. The idea of an alternate dimension Twin Peaks with different characters or bizarro versions of existing ones has a lot of potential (and yes I realize The Return kind of did that but not with that sort of atmosphere). A dedicated Carrie Page/New Coop arc would be a delight, and I'm hopeful for more exploration of the Mother/Sarah Palmer relationship. Lot of fertile ground to explore narratively there.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in heaven
giphy.gif

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where does it even have left to go after the last one?
The giant space worm that came from the nuke and shat out Bob, still needs to be defeated.

If you randomly clicked this thread and read this, and it makes no sense to you, it doesn't make any for me either. The GOAT show. Flat out.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I need this. Season 3 has its down spots but the highs are some of my favourite in any television show. Though the recent cast deaths that have happened since season 3 put a dampener on future stuff a bit.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Honestly the 2020 tweet could just be a celebration of Twin Peaks, and not even necessarily a new season as that site seems to imply. I guess time will tell. I do hope that whatever Lynch is gonna do is quick, because I feel every odd day another actor related to Twin Peaks dies.

wallmeat

Oct 28, 2017
I would welcome another trip to Twin Peaks. It is my favorite piece of television ever and watching The Return each week was an amazing experience as we all tried to piece together what was happening. The only thing that puts me off is that more and more of the cast are getting older and passing away, and between losing Catherine Coulson and Miguel Ferrer, it wouldn't be the same. Lynch isn't afraid to broach the subject of time passing though and didn't seem too concerned about catering to nostalgia with The Return, so it'd probably be fine, but I still have some reservations.

Though, if whatever Lynch and Frost come up with can carry the tone of the last couple episodes of The Return, I'm all in. That last scene (really, the entire last episode) fucking ruined me and I loved every second of it.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the 2020 tweet could just be a celebration of Twin Peaks, and not even necessarily a new season as that site seems to imply. I guess time will tell. I do hope that whatever Lynch is gonna do is quick, because I feel every odd day another actor related to Twin Peaks dies.

The "thank you Mr. Jackpots" actress died last week.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I find it really difficult to process when people say they didn't like the third season. I had such a strong, visceral reaction to it. I even showed it to my dad, who is really not into stuff like this and has never seen a Lynch film other than The Elephant Man and Dune, and he was similarly gripped by it. I remember him asking if we could speed up the viewing schedule because "I don't like what this is doing to my head, I can't stop thinking about it when I'm not watching it." I would love another season with Lynch and Frost in the drivers seat, as long as Lynch ultimately has that creative control and final cut again.

carda114

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know how I feel about this. The third season was the definition of sublime for me. But then new Lynch is always intriguing...

Lynch does what he wants to do and nothing more. If another season is happening, it wouldn't be because he wants to cash in, it would be because he has a story to tell.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't care for S3 really, outside of a few great scenes, but I'd be down for more.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I loved seeing Kojima go nuts for S3, specifically feeling kinship with Lynch.

Inspired Kojima is a threat to all that is decent and logical, we need another season to feed the beast.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I... really didn't like S3 outside of a few moments

I'd still watch it though if they manage to get it out before the rest of the original cast dies off

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
Twin Peaks: Electricity Dance With Me is gonna be the most divisive three hour movie Lynch has ever made. Say your prayers FWWM/Inland Empire

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
I hope this happens and that it turns back to being more like S1/2. The greatest thing about twin peaks for me was the surreal soap opera. Season 3 was interesting as a Lynch fan but not as a Twin peaks fan imo.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I'm nervous for more, because I liked season 3 so damn much. It was sooooo very subversive, but somehow felt great 99% of the time. I don't know if lightning could strike twice like that...plus so many of the OG cast died.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope this happens and that it turns back to being more like S1/2. The greatest thing about twin peaks for me was the surreal soap opera. Season 3 was interesting as a Lynch fan but not as a Twin peaks fan imo.
give up on the hope that it will ever happen this way and I think you'll be happier honestly. S3 was the clearest possible statement from Lynch that he would never consider doing it that way