• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I'm talking about how busy Chickfila is on a daily basis, yet they don't have this shit happening. The whole point is someone said, yah I get it they are busy and paid shit. So is Chickfila and you don't see this happening.
This comparison is off. Chick-fil-a workers get paid slightly more on average, only work 6 days a week and have been dealing with this amount of customers for years.

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
my 1st retail job was one of those pack 'n ship places. I won't say what it was but it was bought and re-branded under them.
the two weeks prior to christmas were always insane(I spend a cpl years there).

we'd hire up for that season of course, but they still just got min wage, but..
my boss at the time gave us an additional +$5 of 'combat pay' for every hour in those two weeks.

Had he not, there were plenty of times I would have gladly told some smug fuck to eat a dick and walkout. ~ at the least.

None of this is surprising.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I'm talking about how busy Chickfila is on a daily basis, yet they don't have this shit happening. The whole point is someone said, yah I get it they are busy and paid shit. So is Chickfila and you don't see this happening.

I'm going to go ahead and assume two things. First, that you have never worked in the service industry (or more specifically at a popular one). Second, that you've not been to a Popeyes during this whole fiasco.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Remember when a postal employee went crazy in the 90s due to his job and thus the term "going postal" was coined? I submit the term is long since overdue for an update to "going Popeyes".

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
are some of you genuinely convinced that fights at fast food restaurants are unique and exclusive to Popeyes?

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
It's just fast food. For fuck's sake. Cheap, greasy food. You'd think they'd be fighting for a spot at Sukiyabashi Jiro or Osteria Francescana.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
Chik-fil-a also stresses friendly service and presents a "nice" face to the customer. There is zero downtime at Popeye's these days; there is always a line and there will inevitably be workers stretched thin.

Oct 29, 2017
I went to Popeyes for lunch today. The Chicken Sandwiches have destroyed the entire store. It took 25 minutes just to get an two piece and mash potatoes.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
A Popeyes fight just took place down the street from where I live. Wonderful commentary.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I worked 12 hours shifts on Black Friday for 10 years, and you get pissed off customers and stressed out employees, but chicken on a weekday? Nah, not worth it.

I'd just walk out if it was that terrible serving people, or leave if the line was too long. I'll make my own chicken.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
A Popeyes fight just took place down the street from where I live. Wonderful commentary.

"I'll kill you" What the fuck?

It's just a sandwich you fucking knuckle dragging troglodytes. A fucking sandwich. You're going to chew it up and shit it out later. no one needs to die.

Also excessive racist slurs. Why? I don't understand.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
"I'll kill you" What the fuck?

It's just a sandwich you fucking knuckle dragging troglodytes. A fucking sandwich. You're going to chew it up and shit it out later. no one needs to die.

Also excessive racist slurs. Why? I don't understand.
I doubt this guy is going to contribute to society in any positive way. He seems like a ticking time bomb ready to set off any time now.

No sandwich is worth reacting that way.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I doubt this guy is going to contribute to society in any positive way. He seems like a ticking time bomb ready to set off any time now.

No sandwich is worth reacting that way.

Absolutely. I hope he is enjoying nutraloaf/prison loaf in jail right now. Seems like he has his girlfriend hypnotized into thinking that kind of behavior is normal also.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Chik-fil-a also stresses friendly service and presents a "nice" face to the customer. There is zero downtime at Popeye's these days; there is always a line and there will inevitably be workers stretched thin.

Saw this yesterday...lol not that I'm a fan if Chik-fil-a

EJdpU80XUAAjPYx.jpg

Jul 26, 2018

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyy! I was about to post this too and I live near by too! XD

My sister used to work at Popeyes at Murrieta. Terrible service and manager as usual. She told me how usually in the back of the chicken, there's usually only 1 guy who was in charge of battering the chickens which usually takes times. I think she also mentioned how it takes time for the chickens to be completely fried.. whatever it is, it takes a dam long time. She was the cashier, had to deal with angry customers, and left after just 3 months.

In this Popeyes where the video where recorded, I was waiting in the drive thru. A customer went up to me and just said "bro you're better off buying the sandwiches inside! Only 10 min wait not joking!". Decided to go inside, was packed, and yet got the sandwich under 10-12 mins.. wow..

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
So why aren't McDonalds or Chick Fil A employees breaking out into fights or slamming people into the ground?

Fights break out at McD's all the fucking time and I'm pretty sure Chick-Fil-A is a cult that weeds out anyone who doesn't immediately fall in line.

I imagine employees at Popeye's are under a significant amount more stress given that people are going insane over a fuckin' fast food sammy, and being treated far more like slave wages than the average employee in their industry.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
If I go to a fast food restaurant and there is no brawl, why did I even go? I could have just ordered food then!

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
This new generation is not playing games.

Go into a fast food place talking crazy if you want.... gonna catch the beating of a lifetime.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Might as well add this here:

....again... What is in this chicken sandwich?

Edit nevermind. Just saw above

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
"Honestly, I wasn't even going to get the chicken sandwich," Fourté said.

Lmao!

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
CFA has a sudden surge basically every day at lunch. If Popeyes had a regular demand that matched a random CFA lunch rush, well, you'll get this.
Chicken Fil A is packed every fucking day. I mean they have two drive through lanes. First time I had ever seen Fast Food do this.

Popeyes to me has never been "fast food." It's semi-fast food.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of that Chik Fil A day a few years ago when bigots decided to flock there in droves, they've never had the sudden surge of people that Popeyes had with this sandwich.

CFA has lines as big as Popeyes every single day. The difference is they know how to get you in and out in a timely manner.

Every Popeyes I've ever been to has been poorly run and taken forever, line or no.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

This video is amazing. Tiny crazy guy white knighting against the woman for the huge guy and tossing racial slurs and death threats at everyone. Woman being equally crazy and fighting back while her man cowers. All the while the amazing commentary team lays them all out.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Chick-fil-A pay their employees a lot more than Popeyes? I know in my area most of their employees start at around $13-$14 per hour.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I really feel for these Popeyes employees.

I've been to three different Popeyes in Philadelphia since the whole chicken sandwich craze, and despite being in different parts of the city all three had several things in common: They were all packed, they were all disorganized, customers were RUDE AF (seriously, something about a product going viral just brings out the absolute worst in some people). Also, and this is important, all three of them were hot as hell. Just, boiling. I couldn't imagine being in one for an hour. Much less 8...on my feet...dealing with these rude ass people trying to create a viral moment.

This isn't the employees. As someone who's worked in food service, I'm wondering what kind of training the managers have gotten to handle this sudden influx of demand. And, I mean, Popeyes are already poppin BEFORE this sandwich.

This has nothing to do with Chick Fil A. Chick has had its business model for decades. Their hiring, training, and managerial practices have been fine-tuned to handle their demand. The "what is it about Popeyes...?" questions are starting to make my dog perk up. Keep it cute.