• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thought I would create a new thread for this. There's a new rumor going around (as they always do)

It states:

We play as Proto-Templar (Proto-Templars are the Order of the Ancients in Origins, Cult of Kosmos in Odyssey and will eventually "form" into what the Templars are today, so no idea what the equivalent of them will be called this time)
Game will be about the Origins of the Templar Order.
The AC logo will be similar to the Templar's present day front, Abstergo with the Valknut logo)
Runes will mark abilities.

Sauce:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...9v/assasins_creed_origins_ii_ragnarokkingdom/

Yeah, this makes sense and is actually believable this time around.
Is it truly Otso Berg's time to shine? Is he finally going to get his revenge on Layla? Otso has Viking ancestors (see AC: Rogue)

As always, take everything with a truck load of salt.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Sounds good I just hope my dad isn't the king of Atlantis, brother the son of Odin, mom trying to solve the Pythagorean theorem all while I regain my powers through a magic staff.

Hopefully it's Assassin's and Templars

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tell me I'm not the only one that first thought of the Viking hats coming back to Animal Crossing. Yes I know there are Viking helmets in the game but it's just not the same.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Cool. We played as a templar once so far but not in depth and I'd love to see the origins of their order. They're too generically evil atm, I'd like to see more grey in between the two orders.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Can we please stop posting rumors from throwaway Reddit accounts that have no credible backing?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I just bought a viking hat in that other AC, Animal Crossing, which is clearly a sign that thing is real

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Another "leak" from that shitty subreddit?

You know it's fake when the "leaker" is arguing in the comments lol and tells people to ask "ask shinobi602" when they ask for more info.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Guess this game will explain how the hidden ones (proto assassins founded by Bayek in origins) got wiped out if true

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
The AC logo will be similar to the Templar's present day front, Abstergo with the Valknut logo)
cropped-abstergo-logo-new-movie.png

1200px-Valknut.svg.png

Huh.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
The only rumour that would make me really happy is if this are all fakes and the game is set in ancient rome. Not gonna happen sadly :(

Deleted member 59992

Banned
Sep 16, 2019
Looks possible but in this reddit leak, the title of the post mentions the name of the game as "Ragnarok" which was already debunked. Anyway, we will find about the next AC soon. Probably early May.

Oct 24, 2019
This is the most credible AC (alleged) leak I've seen in a while.

Particularly with how the Templar focus would tie in with Layla's modern day story and the Valknut and all that

ivan.k

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Moscow
Maybe it's time to ban this Reddit source
Literally anyone can post shit in there without any verification

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So the cult of kosmos/order go up to scandanavia to find an apple/relic before moving down to the levant to fight in the crusades? Theres a large gap of proto-templar activity still to explore

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Have there been any leaks about the gameplay other than that big batch a few months ago? So I mean recently.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So the cult of kosmos/order go up to scandanavia to find an apple/relic before moving down to the levant to fight in the crusades? Theres a large gap of proto-templar activity still to explore

Doubt it. The leak is saying that eventually these factions will form into one, and that will be the Templar Order as we know them. Yeah, there's quite a bit of a gap there but Kingdom is bound to spawn decades upon decades. It is a big game afterall. Bigger than Odyssey apparently.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I'm excited to see this, but I'm honestly not that sold on the setting as of now if it gets an Odyssey-like approach. RPGs are my favourite and, while Odyssey was really good, I miss the approach the older games took with the story and the gameplay (although, if they are to ever return, I hope there some big improvements, combat sucked before).
I'm not trolling, I was actually interested to come into this topic and see what genuine excitement for an Ass Creed announcement looked like
Origins and Odyssey revitalized the franchise due to the changes (even though I want a return to a more stealthy, less RPG approach) and the fact that, even though they got released in consecutive years, there was a break after Syndicate in 2016.

They've always been pretty good games imo, it's just that there were way too many of them released very close to each other without not much to change (despite that, they were still exciting as they were mostly fun and the settings unique), apart from some more mediocre or unpolished entries along the way.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
My brain is obviously elsewhere. Totally thought this was about some weird Animal Crossing leaker known as Vikings.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Cool. We played as a templar once so far but not in depth and I'd love to see the origins of their order. They're too generically evil atm, I'd like to see more grey in between the two orders.
Yeah, I've always felt the same way.

With the exception of Rogue (and a tiny bit of 3) the Templars are all just portrayed as an evil "want to take over the world" society, with every villainous figure from history ending up secretly being Templars.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Wait if we play a precursor to the freaking Cult of Kosmos does that mean we are playing a villain this time around or were they "good" in the past but devolved into what we see in Odyssey?

Im very excited for this! I played 150 hours of Odyssey this year and overall really enjoyed my time with it.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I've always felt the same way.

With the exception of Rogue (and a tiny bit of 3) the Templars are all just portrayed as an evil "want to take over the world" society, with every villainous figure from history ending up secretly being Templars.

Yeh its funny to guess which historical figure might be a templar (and an ass) in each game.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Wait if we play a precursor to the freaking Cult if Kosmos does that mean we are playing a villain this time around or were they "good" in the past but devolved into what we see in Odyssey?
It's a Viking game. It will be set well over a thousand years after Odyssey. It definitely won't have a "precursor" to the Cult of Kosmos. It may be a precursor to the Templars.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wait if we play a precursor to the freaking Cult of Kosmos does that mean we are playing a villain this time around or were they "good" in the past but devolved into what we see in Odyssey?

Im very excited for this! I played 150 hours of Odyssey this year and overall really enjoyed my time with it.

They were never "good" None of them are. Even the Assassins do bad things for their cause. I would say yes, we are going to playing as a "villain" (Aka, Haytham in AC3 and Shay in AC: Rogue)

Status
Not open for further replies.