• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
https://fox5sandiego.com/news/calif...san-diego-crashes-on-helipad-at-usc-hospital/

LOS ANGELES – A pilot suffered minor wounds after a helicopter transporting a donor heart crashed Friday afternoon on the Keck Hospital of USC helipad.

The private ambulance chopper was carrying a donated organ for Keck Hospital of USC when it landed on a helipad on the hospital's rooftop just after 3 p.m., according to the Los Angeles Fire Department. Emergency personnel were dispatched about 3:20 p.m. to the hospital in the 1500 block of North San Pablo Street, according to Margaret Stewart of the Los Angeles Fire Department.

Two people were either treated at the scene or taken into the hospital, according to Stewart, but their conditions were not immediately known. KTLA reported that three people were on board, and they did not require assistance to get out of the chopper after the crash.

The heart was safely retrieved by firefighters and given to hospital staff. Within two hours of the crash, the organ was being transplanted into the patient for which it was intended, Keck Hospital of USC reported.

Could have been worse...

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
HilariousTidyAiredaleterrier-small.gif

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, did the the heart really come out of the cooler when the doctor tripped? I don't see it in the video.

Last edited:

Papajak

Oct 27, 2017
So, can somebody with an understanding of transplants and organ survival ability, Let us know if this heart will still be useful? My, rather basic, understanding of organs is that they are surprisingly resilient. I would assume that the crash would be a bigger issue than just dropping it on the ground.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
So, can somebody with an understanding of transplants and organ survival ability, Let us know if this heart will still be useful? My, rather basic, understanding of organs is that they are surprisingly resilient. I would assume that the crash would be a bigger issue than just dropping it on the ground.
Article says it was transplanted later on. So I guess so!

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thread title is rather sensationalistic. Article just says the heart was safely retrieved and was transplanted into the patient

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The craziest part about this thread is that there are people admitting to enjoying rat race one of the worst movies ever.