• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else playing the new DLC? I had a question regarding a mission I appear to have failed. It seems it had a timer on it and now the people have left the island in question despite there not really being a clear indication of how much time I had left to help them, bit of a bummer.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
The gift that keeps on giving. Will be kicking back for the holidays to play more Anno 1800. The team really did a fantastic job of building on past instances to craft the perfect Anno game. 😊

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Finally bought season 2, my next two weeks off work are saved. 😎
Pretty sure I can up my playtime.
czg32CO.png

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I hope that some of you may find today's teaser of interest :)

Well then, we're waiting. 😉

p.s. I really enjoyed season 2. The government building is really nice adding some qol simplifications for the large main city. The university is a bit of a grind but it's obviously great to be able to finally not only rely on luck to get the last two animals/plants you need for a museum.
Enbesa was also interesting enough.
I would build grain silos everywhere they are amazing! However petrol was a bit too much of a hassle to be worth it for me. I'd be more inclined to use them if petrol was a regular resource that was handled by warehouses as opposed to farms having to be close to the refinery.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Saw the stream yesterday, pretty sick stuff. Really excited for the "ornaments that fit the surrounding terrain automatically" they mentioned.

Also, BUS STOPS

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just bought Season 3 and also got a new Ultrawide Monitor...

TTKBRTY.png
Dear god, how do you have that many people on one island and not be losing your ass to taxes? lol Or are you just making so much money that you just don't care?

My biggest problem with Anno are the "population" limits where you start getting taxed, always ruins the fun for me.

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Dear god, how do you have that many people on one island and not be losing your ass to taxes? lol Or are you just making so much money that you just don't care?

My biggest problem with Anno are the "population" limits where you start getting taxed, always ruins the fun for me.
Cape Trelawney has LOADS of room to expand. It's basically by far my main population hub, to the point that I have not visited the old world in ages... That small starting island I had there is just running on auto-pilot.

I honestly don't know what you mean with being taxed for high population? As long as most of their needs are met they will pay much more taxes than it costs to produce said resources.

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Anyone playing with docklands? I am not really sure I understand how to get beyond 14 modules for trading. My pyramid is full.

4190JR0.png

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to get back into this and finish the Arctic and starting Africa. I killed a second opponent on my campaign map and then I wanted to restructure ... everything. But sorry, this is just WORK. It has become so incredibly complex and convoluted that it's just no fun to manage my giant empire anymore. I don't feel like starting anew and there is a third season pass coming? I didn't even start the Africa part. An easy case of "too much to handle" for me, lol. I am also quite salty that I somehow made a non-attack pact with the last enemy and now I can't kill her for 4 more hours ... super-annoying.

Well, I could just erase big parts of my empire and rebuild it properly with my giant wealth. Maybe one day.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
So I waged war until 3 AM and finally killed all opponents. It wasn't hard, but tedious as fuck.

Well, now I can rebuild and optimize my empire and tackle the next DLCs Africa and the Arctic and explore the finer features of the game.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
So I waged war until 3 AM and finally killed all opponents. It wasn't hard, but tedious as fuck.

Well, now I can rebuild and optimize my empire and tackle the next DLCs Africa and the Arctic and explore the finer features of the game.

Would like to see one of the updates this year tackle AI actions and behaviour. I get that it needs to cheat, but the current implementation doesn't really work and has some (2 star and above) AI players going wild with expansion and resources.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017

I always turn off war and pirates, its so annoying. The game is so much better a pure city builder/economics game

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I always turn off war and pirates, its so annoying. The game is so much better a pure city builder/economics game
Don't think that's possible in the campaign. But I kinda like it until I have to eridacte all the other players. But I pushed through and now I have everything for me own. Will take me a lot of time to reorganize everything, but thats part of the fun.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I just find the defended way too strong for the warfare. Having the anarchist declare war on me and having an island directly near to my main trade routes is just unfun. And three cannon emplacements seems to tear apart 8+ Ship-of-the-line before they can even kill one in response.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Man, this game is so overwhelming at times ... But at least I got all my stuff running again. I guess I will tackle the Arctic stuff next and finish that part of the campaign before heading towards Africa.

Season Pass 3 doesn't sound too fun for me. It comes with even higher tiers of people that have even more desires, lol. Just let me build my empire of peasants and workers :D

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Man, this game is so overwhelming at times ... But at least I got all my stuff running again. I guess I will tackle the Arctic stuff next and finish that part of the campaign before heading towards Africa.

Season Pass 3 doesn't sound too fun for me. It comes with even higher tiers of people that have even more desires, lol. Just let me build my empire of peasants and workers :D
Nothing forcing you to go beyond workers. Optimize away till you have that sorted then slowly add on top. I feel like the game does a great job of scaling. It would get very overwhelming if you try and do artctic and Africa at the same to me though.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, this game is so addicting again. I managed to turn my empire around, everything is working fine now and I can finally concentrate on conquering the arctic. I also optimized stuff like my palace. So now I can build zoo modules without spending influence and work on my animal collection.
Nothing forcing you to go beyond workers. Optimize away till you have that sorted then slowly add on top. I feel like the game does a great job of scaling. It would get very overwhelming if you try and do artctic and Africa at the same to me though.
Yes, this is great advice. I downgraded all my islands minus two (I had four "big" islands before). So most settlements can produce their own products and I can optimize my routes for the islands that need import/export.

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Damn, this game is so addicting again. I managed to turn my empire around, everything is working fine now and I can finally concentrate on conquering the arctic. I also optimized stuff like my palace. So now I can build zoo modules without spending influence and work on my animal collection. Yes, this is great advice. I downgraded all my islands minus two (I had four "big" islands before). So most settlements can produce their own products and I can optimize my routes for the islands that need import/export.
I typically just have on island on which I grow investors. Everything else in my empire just feeds that one island. Typically cape trelawny

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I typically just have on island on which I grow investors. Everything else in my empire just feeds that one island. Typically cape trelawny
Yes, that's pretty much how it's looking for me now. I also have the starting island up to the second highest people, but no investors.

I just finished the mission in the Arctic where I have to build gas pumps. Is that the last mission? I don't get any other missions except those random endless missions from the settlers.

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Yes, that's pretty much how it's looking for me now. I also have the starting island up to the second highest people, but no investors.

I just finished the mission in the Arctic where I have to build gas pumps. Is that the last mission? I don't get any other missions except those random endless missions from the settlers.
If you saved the explorers and got gas that's it. It's worth setting up a permanent gas export line as you can build gas power plants which independent of railways in the old world.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
If the devs can improve the UI feel and performance, plus the AIs (cutting down on them "cheating"), they won't need a produce sequel.

https://anno-union.com/devblog-tourist-season/

With "Tourist Season" we're bringing some color and entertainment to your cities! People far and wide have heard about your vast capitals, your Museum collections, and the delicacies from all around the globe which you have on offer.

In this DevBlog we will go over all new features of the "Tourist Season" DLC: The Tourists themselves, their needs, the bus system, Restaurants and recipes, the new goods you need to produce and the Iron Tower, a new multi-stage monument for your cities.

It's not all about the Tourists themselves, though, as fulfilling their needs does also have a direct impact on your existing population, as you will soon learn.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot bigger than I was expecting from the middle DLC. Really fantastic to see how much they are continuing to grow this game.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
The game has gotten too big for me at this point, sure I don't need to use every DLC content there is, but I hope the Season Pass 3 will be the last and we'll get a new series entry after that, which will surely take three years at least. On the other hand, all the fans that still play, would not mind more expansions I guess.

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
The game has gotten too big for me at this point, sure I don't need to use every DLC content there is, but I hope the Season Pass 3 will be the last and we'll get a new series entry after that, which will surely take three years at least. On the other hand, all the fans that still play, would not mind more expansions I guess.
All seasons have been great so far. Not that I know what a fourth season might even look like, but I'd be there day one for it regardless Anno 1800 has been an absolute treasure and by far the best game of its kind I have ever played.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Africa a few weeks ago and said I am done with the game after 135 hours. Now I am feeling that itch AGAIN to return to it, optimize everything and get the new season pass 3. It's only 9,99€ at the moment through epic store.

It's one of these games that really got a grip on me with how motivating it is. Pretty much the perfect building game.

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Finished Africa a few weeks ago and said I am done with the game after 135 hours. Now I am feeling that itch AGAIN to return to it, optimize everything and get the new season pass 3. It's only 9,99€ at the moment through epic store.

It's one of these games that really got a grip on me with how motivating it is. Pretty much the perfect building game.
Agree, it's perfect and I can see myself revisiting it every couple months for a few binge days.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I was definitely able to use an EGS coupon with the second Season Pass, but that might have been something they have since 'fixed'.

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Wen got the board game on vacation in Germany and played a few rounds.
Really good game in and of itself but also a good adaptation of some of the Anno mechanics.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
sorry for the bump! But how similar is this to Frostpunk? I loved Frostpunk and was looking for a similar itch to scratch...however Gamespot gave Frostpunk a 9.0 but gave Anno 1800 a 7.0 :(

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
sorry for the bump! But how similar is this to Frostpunk? I loved Frostpunk and was looking for a similar itch to scratch...however Gamespot gave Frostpunk a 9.0 but gave Anno 1800 a 7.0 :(

My advice would be not to put too much weight to a single outlet's review score.

They are quite different because Frostpunk is very survival focused, high intensity - Anno is very slow in comparison, quite tranquil actually. They have very, very different vibes, but Anno is in no way inferior. It's one of the best games in the genre.

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I was able to persuade a friend to get the complete edition; we will spend at least two solid days over the holidays playing it together if I get my way. 😄

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I've been putting off playing through the dlc as I'm sure I read somewhere there was a patch coming in December with various quality of life fixes. Is that still the case?

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I've been putting off playing through the dlc as I'm sure I read somewhere there was a patch coming in December with various quality of life fixes. Is that still the case?
You prompted me to search and it seems so.
Still reading.
www.pcgames.de

Anno 1800: Stream zeigt Update 13 mit neuem Modus & kommenden DLC

Ubisoft Mainz bereitet neue Inhalte für Anno 1800 vor - und heute könnt ihr einen Blick auf die Erweiterungen werfen.

Edit
Pretty fresh off the press:
New cosmetic dlc $4.99
A new 'green' game mode that punishes mono cultures and such $0.00
And gameplay improvements $0.00
On December 14

"Vibrant Cities Pack" Cosmetic DLC

anno-union.com

DevBlog: “Vibrant Cities Pack” Cosmetic DLC

Find out more about the upcoming Cosmetic DLC, its content and some development insights!
CPU4415_A7_CDLC06_Vibrant_City_Skins_Tier_03.png

CPU4415_A7_CDLC06_Vibrant_City_Skins_Tier_05.png

Last edited: