• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well I am delighted to say that after 2 hours of playing the demo it runs perfectly fine on my laptop despite it being a decent bit below the minimum requirements. It looked pretty great even on low settings, and I turned a few settings up to medium and it was still running pretty steadily.

Ended up buying the game a short while later.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Well I am delighted to say that after 2 hours of playing the demo it runs perfectly fine on my laptop despite it being a decent bit below the minimum requirements. It looked pretty great even on low settings, and I turned a few settings up to medium and it was still running pretty steadily.

Ended up buying the game a short while later.

That's awesome to hear, welcome to the Anno community :)

Deleted member 51646

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
But maybe our three new DLCs that we announced 3 hours ago may entice you back? :p

Is there an authoritative text press release that summarizes the season pass 2 contents? I watched the NA version of the video here and it still wasn't as clear as I would like about the new content. It looks like there was a livestream and I've seen third party videos from youtubers summarizing the content like this one that I found more useful,, but it would be helpful to also have an official source for what the new features will be, laid out in a clear way instead of as a promotional trailer.
For example, the Africa stuff looks like it could be by far the biggest change, but I don't know how it will compare in terms of complexity relative to, say, the northern passage stuff. Obviously if you don't know yet either, or don't want to say, that's fine, but the info I found just feels so vague.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Is there an authoritative text press release that summarizes the season pass 2 contents? I watched the NA version of the video here and it still wasn't as clear as I would like about the new content. It looks like there was a livestream and I've seen third party videos from youtubers summarizing the content like this one that I found more useful,, but it would be helpful to also have an official source for what the new features will be, laid out in a clear way instead of as a promotional trailer.
For example, the Africa stuff looks like it could be by far the biggest change, but I don't know how it will compare in terms of complexity relative to, say, the northern passage stuff. Obviously if you don't know yet either, or don't want to say, that's fine, but the info I found just feels so vague.
Africa looks to me to be very similar to the arctic. Some new mechanics (water management) probably harder to find an equilibrium in ones city with some sort of story attached to it.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa

The most definite news about Season 2 so far is this blog: https://www.anno-union.com/en/announcing-the-anno-1800-season-2-pass/

Land of Lions will be the biggest Anno 1800 DLC, so bigger than The Passage, and also more integrated with the Old World.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Can we expect changes to existing DLC this Season/year, I'm hoping there's a better way to integrate the Anarchist DLC into all new games (being selectable like Season 1 DLCs?).

I'm liking the upcoming Patch improvements and am keen to know if further work will go towards revising the overall UI. It feels less responsive (or "punchy" for lack of a better description, perhaps it's due to buttons not changing colour to reflect the pointer closing menus and selecting UI objects) than Anno 1404 and 2070.

I know different (upgraded, new?) engine starting with Anno 2205, but I'm finding the UI's accessibility, performance, and readability to be 1800's weakest aspect.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Can we expect changes to existing DLC this Season/year, I'm hoping there's a better way to integrate the Anarchist DLC into all new games (being selectable like Season 1 DLCs?).

I'm liking the upcoming Patch improvements and am keen to know if further work will go towards revising the overall UI. It feels less responsive (or "punchy" for lack of a better description, perhaps it's due to buttons not changing colour to reflect the pointer closing menus and selecting UI objects) than Anno 1404 and 2070.

I know different (upgraded, new?) engine starting with Anno 2205, but I'm finding the UI's accessibility, performance, and readability to be 1800's weakest aspect.

I don't think there any planned changes to existing DLCs as such, no. And for the UI, there are a few individual elements we are considering reworking (plus maybe some new functionality), but no complete overhaul.

Rhaya

Oct 25, 2017
i bought the game on Steam before it was removed . how do i buy the DLC on Steam ?

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
i bought the game on Steam before it was removed . how do i buy the DLC on Steam ?

You can find the direct links to the store pages here:

Steam User: DLC und Season Pass kaufen | Forums

Wenn ihr Schwierigkeiten habt, die DLC oder den Season-Pass von Anno 1800 zu finden: Hier gibt es die Links! Deluxe Pack Season 1 Pass DLC Versunkene Schätze DLC Botanica DLC Die Passage Cosmetic DLC Holiday Pack

They aren't indexed, so they cannot be found by search on Steam.

Rhaya

Oct 25, 2017

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Bought this on Humble as my first Anno game after having 2070 in my steam wishlists for like 10 years, and I freaking LOVE IT! It looks phenomenal and the interface is so clean and easy to comprehend. A lot of the intricacies of how your population grew were lost on me at first, but now I'm about 4 hrs into the campaign and really starting go understand things. Contemplating starting over with the info I have now.

That being said, i just got to the new world and have no wood for build out my settlement with. So I assumed it was time to learn how trade routes worked and set up a route between my old world city and my new world settlement to ferry wood across. The problem is...my ship seems to have disappeared and the wood was never delivered? I can no longer view it in my ship menu, no matter which tab I click. Any idea what happened?

Thanks!

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So after about 40 hours on my first game I have decided to restart lol. I've been playing on and off since I bought it about a month back.

I made a lot of stupid mistakes in my first game, mainly I didn't realize their was going to be a "limit" on the number of people on each island and tried to do everything on one island like a fool at the start. This meant my first, and primary island started running into a lot of "tax" because I was over the population limit for each tier of citizen. And I was having a hard time using other islands to fill the gaps because my other islands were pretty far behind the production curve.

My next game is DEFINITELY going to be more about spreading my production out to different islands and using more ships to move things around!

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Bought this on Humble as my first Anno game after having 2070 in my steam wishlists for like 10 years, and I freaking LOVE IT! It looks phenomenal and the interface is so clean and easy to comprehend. A lot of the intricacies of how your population grew were lost on me at first, but now I'm about 4 hrs into the campaign and really starting go understand things. Contemplating starting over with the info I have now.

That being said, i just got to the new world and have no wood for build out my settlement with. So I assumed it was time to learn how trade routes worked and set up a route between my old world city and my new world settlement to ferry wood across. The problem is...my ship seems to have disappeared and the wood was never delivered? I can no longer view it in my ship menu, no matter which tab I click. Any idea what happened?

Thanks!

It takes a while for ships to cross from the old to the new world, you should be able to see it on the world map or your trade route. And you can also set up charter route if you have no ships available.

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
I just bought this on Humble Bundle at USD 30. I wasn't sure about it, I'm afraid it will overwhelm me with the micromanaging, but I love city builders, and so many people has praised it that I had to get it.

I won't be able to download it until a couple days because I only have cellular data right now.

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I just bought this on Humble Bundle at USD 30. I wasn't sure about it, I'm afraid it will overwhelm me with the micromanaging, but I love city builders, and so many people has praised it that I had to get it.

I won't be able to download it until a couple days because I only have cellular data right now.
It's a great game, and not too bad in micromanagement imho. Where are you seeing it for $30?

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Com_Raven Just curious, when buying Anno 1800 on EGS or Humble, is that an uplay key? Or will I be able to play with friends who have it on Epic while I have it on uplay?
Also can I buy the season pass 2 on EGS when I have the Gold version including S1 on uplay?

[edit] It appears to not be possible to just buy DLC on EGS without owning the base game on EGS. 😢 I do wish something lime GamesAnywhere were a thing.

It was on Humble Bundle's page, but right now it's for USD 24 on the Epic Store's Mega Sale, and you can even use a USD 10 off coupon. Bad timing on my part lol
It's showing up for 60 on Humble for me. But I will point a friend towards EGS then. Thanks!

Last edited:

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
Com_Raven Just curious, when buying Anno 1800 on EGS or Humble, is that an origin key? Or will I be able to play with friends who have it on Epic while I have it on Origin?

It's showing up for 60 on Humble for me. But I will point a friend towards EGS then. Thanks!

Oh now I remember that on Humble it said there was a few hours left of the sale, that's why I bought it yesterday even though I can't play until a couple days. You are welcome!

Oct 27, 2017
How is the DLC for this? Can get both season passes for 15 euro at the moment with Epic (sale + vouchers), worthwhile? Are there any more season passes coming?

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Com_Raven Just curious, when buying Anno 1800 on EGS or Humble, is that an uplay key? Or will I be able to play with friends who have it on Epic while I have it on uplay?
Also can I buy the season pass 2 on EGS when I have the Gold version including S1 on uplay?

Humble is an Uplay key, EGS is on EGS.

Even when buying on EGS, you will need to have an Uplay account, meaning that everyone can play multiplayer together without issue, regardless of where they bought it.

We generally advise people to buy all their content from the same store, but I have seen players claim they bough some DLC from one place, and some from the other without issues.

How is the DLC for this? Can get both season passes for 15 euro at the moment with Epic (sale + vouchers), worthwhile? Are there any more season passes coming?

I may be biased, but I like to think they add a lot of interesting options to the game, and a lot of players seem to agree. And no, there is no third Season planned for now (2 is already more content than any Anno ever had after launch).

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Some of the DLC is better than others, but all add something neat to the game. For 15 euro I'd say that is a pretty solid deal and you wouldn't be disappointed. If money is an issue though you can skip the DLC and still have a great game. I've crossed the 120 hour mark with this game easily by this point, and I feel there is some DLC stuff I still haven't really gotten around to using haha.

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the DLC is better than others, but all add something neat to the game. For 15 euro I'd say that is a pretty solid deal and you wouldn't be disappointed. If money is an issue though you can skip the DLC and still have a great game. I've crossed the 120 hour mark with this game easily by this point, and I feel there is some DLC stuff I still haven't really gotten around to using haha.

Cool thanks both for the replies. I have the main game already and have only put about 25 hours in. I think I'll just go for it.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017

I loved the one with the huge new island. I didn't like the arctic one, it's pretty stressful to play. All the islands are super tiny and you need to build and maintain ovens to heat your people. It's a lot of micromanagement that I didn't like. But if you like a good challenge and new mechanics its good. The Botanica DLC isn't great. It's just another building where you can collect stuff for like the Zoo. But if you enjoy that kind of stuff it's alright. I have to get deeper into all the "build beautiful" stuff, so I didn't care much about it so far.

I didn't play the newest one where you build your own palace. But I got the Season Pass 2 in the Epic sale and I plan to return to my campaign. I will also give the Arctic stuff another try. But first I have to optimize a lot of shit. I plan to move everything to the huge island from the first DLC and make that my main happy island while all the other islands will be production areas. It's too stressful to maintain several huge islands and keep up with all their demands. Especially the highest-ranked citizens are a pain in the ass.

I will also probably erase that Willy NPC from the map because he is annoying AF. I already defeated the fat old lady. I like the Asian lady, she never got on my nerves and was always friendly. Do pirates vanish forever when I defeat them? Might also erase them from the map then.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Got the second season pass for $10 AUD from EGS, pretty happy with that.

I reinstalled the game, wanted to ask everyone, the Arctic is meant to be a challenge right? I feel like I'm always on the backfoot there and now trying to get a town set up to mine the gas on the iceberg islands (the ones without sea ports) is really tough.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa

I reinstalled the game, wanted to ask everyone, the Arctic is meant to be a challenge right? I feel like I'm always on the backfoot there and now trying to get a town set up to mine the gas on the iceberg islands (the ones without sea ports) is really tough.

It intended to feel markedly different, with a bit of a survival feeling to it, yes. Which is why we replaced the happiness tab with warmth for this session.

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit

Yea, the arctic is pretty hard.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Good to know! Thanks.

I'm happy for the challenge, just wanted to make sure I wasn't just doing it wrong :)

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
How is one supposed to (reliably) get legendary animals/flowers/artifacts for ones museums?
I've bought everything possible from M Kahadina, but she only seems to carry stuff up to rare. I am missling like two dozen mostly legendary or epic artifacts. Going on expeditions and holding expositions seems like a huge gamble and rarely yields something I don't already have... 😢

WAdaU72.png
Com_Raven so this is purely luck based right? 😢 Or is there something new in S2 that makes it easier to complete museums? Gonna probably jump into S2 soon.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
So I finally build my first Airship in the Artic DLC and found the lost expedition. But maintaining those mountain gas islands is even more of a nightmare. It's barren land with only gas and you have to ship everything to them via airship and getting an overproduction of all the artic product is a challenge itself.

I hope the new Africa DLC is a bit less tricky and more relaxing experience. But that's a very personal wish. I know there are Anno players that seek some challenge and the Arctic DLC is fitting for expanded endgame stuff and it captures the challenge of colonizing the Arctic pretty good.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally build my first Airship in the Artic DLC and found the lost expedition. But maintaining those mountain gas islands is even more of a nightmare. It's barren land with only gas and you have to ship everything to them via airship and getting an overproduction of all the artic product is a challenge itself.

I hope the new Africa DLC is a bit less tricky and more relaxing experience. But that's a very personal wish. I know there are Anno players that seek some challenge and the Arctic DLC is fitting for expanded endgame stuff and it captures the challenge of colonizing the Arctic pretty good.
I highly recommend this build layout: https://www.reddit.com/r/anno1800/comments/edvzc8/arctic_tips/

Helped me a bunch and that was with my horribly narrow ice plateau.

But I definitely agree with you! Arctic stuff definitely toed the line of challenging/annoying for me.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
So with the current sale on Epic Store and the discount coupon we got, I'm seriously considering getting the game right now. I'm just not sure if I'm getting only the base game or the complete edition that comes with season 1 and 2's content. What is the consensus on the DLC thus far?

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
So with the current sale on Epic Store and the discount coupon we got, I'm seriously considering getting the game right now. I'm just not sure if I'm getting only the base game or the complete edition that comes with season 1 and 2's content. What is the consensus on the DLC thus far?
I'd recommend it.
If you get into the main game you will just want to continue with the DLC's. (only played S1 though)

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping there's more improvements to the UI coming with Update 9.0, especially on the performance and responsiveness when it comes to the sliding UI cards.

I think island conquests/full share acquisitions need to be looked at. It's so bizarre and unfulfilling to take over emptied land. Preferably, perhaps like previous instalments, the conquered player's buildings plus connections are left as ruins.

I understand the need for AI to cheat given load impact on CPU, but are they subject to the same Influence limitations as the player?

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Have been putting off playing until this was released -0 I'm going to get to experience the Passage and the Land of Lions for the first time at the same time, exciting!

Will say I agree with the comment re AI players - going to turn them all to easy as they are so land hungry. Nothing quite as depressing as realising the AI has taken every islanmd you need for second tier goods early on!

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Have been putting off playing until this was released -0 I'm going to get to experience the Passage and the Land of Lions for the first time at the same time, exciting!

Will say I agree with the comment re AI players - going to turn them all to easy as they are so land hungry. Nothing quite as depressing as realising the AI has taken every islanmd you need for second tier goods early on!
sandbox, no AI, bliss.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
So I just bought Season Pass 2 and loaded my old sandbox game, and now newspapers no longer publish (haven't seen one in hours), which is causing me a whole bunch of consumption problems I used to use propaganda for... Curious if this is just me or if anyone else is having this issue? I've tried different saves.

AleeN634

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Curious if this is just me or if anyone else is having this issue? I've tried different saves.

The patch notes mentioned something about changes to newspapers spawn rate in the late game and also an option to save your last edit could be something like that is happening in your game.
anno-union.com

Game Update 9 Release Notes - Anno Union

A boatload of quality-of-life improvements and fixes to prepare you for your journey to Enbesa.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
So I just bought Season Pass 2 and loaded my old sandbox game, and now newspapers no longer publish (haven't seen one in hours), which is causing me a whole bunch of consumption problems I used to use propaganda for... Curious if this is just me or if anyone else is having this issue? I've tried different saves.

As AleeN634 mentioned, the publishing rate of the newspaper in later game stages has been reduced. Also, you can now select to keep pubishig the last edit newspaper repeatedly, as some players felt that disrupted their game flow too much.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Also jumped back in to start up the new DLC and while the expedition played out I was trying to tie up any loose threads from my various cities. Boy oh boy trade routes in particular are difficult to come back to and work out wtf I was thinking haha.

I do kinda wish there was auto-pilot button for inter-regional trade routes. Making sure all the stuff from the New World/Arctic gets to my main cities in the Old World/Cape Trelawney in the most efficient way possible is a large part of the game I know, but with all the different mechanics and DLC added on it's a hugely complicated web.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Also jumped back in to start up the new DLC and while the expedition played out I was trying to tie up any loose threads from my various cities. Boy oh boy trade routes in particular are difficult to come back to and work out wtf I was thinking haha.

That can indeed feel overwhelming after a break! If you find them hard to parse, maybe setting them up anew may be easier for you? We added some new functionality to the trade route menu so you now always see what every ship has loaded, plus you can directly jump to it from the map. And if you lose one, it will be shown directly in the trade route, so you don't run into problems down the road cause you missed a ship on a crucial route being sunk.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a known crash bug currently? I seem to crash to desktop without a specific error message after an hour or so tops.

Playing through Cape Trewlany and Ebenesa at the same time and really hoping that the arctic expedition doesn't open for now as I'm struggling with just those two. Also hope that I'm not messing up my game with the story choices I'm making! Really enjoying the Land of Lions though, feels like a lovingly crafted area.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I need some assistance if anyone can help.

One of the AIs has declared war on me. Its not a huge issue, apart from the fact any trade route from the New world to Cape Trelawny goes past one of their islands, and so they get raked by cannon fire every time they go past. Their port defenses looked fairly light (one cannon tower, one mounted gun), so I assembled a fleet of 8 Ships of the Line to take them out.

My fleet was at 25% health before they even opened fire on the cannon tower. A single shot hit 3 ships at once and took the majority of their health. I can't make peace with the AI as my reputation is at 0 with them, and my trade routes are being fucked up by their stationary defenses. Equally, their stationary defenses seem impossibly strong.

What can I do to stop my trade routes just being slowly ground into mulch?