• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
As a small heads-up for anyone on the fence- not only is our big Game Update 3 coming out in 30 minutes, but thanks to the Uplay E3 sale, the game is now also available for 20% off for the duration of the sale :)

Are you able to say what kind of update schedule you'll be on? I've bought the game and dipped my toe in but if it's going to be much improved in a few months I can hold off. Anyway thanks for the updates!

Our goal is to have all improvements and updates applied to players' existing save games (the same goes for future DLC). The only big exception is the Anarchist character today, as they need to be selected during game creation. But give the amount of improvements in today's Update, I think now would be a good time to dive in :)

ph1l0z0ph3r

Oct 27, 2017
My god so I tried Anno 2070? and I could not get into it but 1800 is amazing. Just got to the Engineer stage on campaign and still undecided if I want to start buffing up my military strength due to Beryl' O Mara expanding like crazy

Oct 2, 2018
um, why isnt this on steam? I just remembered i want this game but its not on there. EGS?

ah checked OP. EGS it is.

Last edited:

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Are there any news regarding the once mentioned Statistical Building?

Really need something that could help me plan the production of stuff cause boy is the city consuming at an alarming rate late game. :P

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Hey guys, if I really like Anno 2205, will I like this? I never played other Anno games. I heard 1800 is more for the "hardcore" fans but I have no idea what that means lol

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
Started playing the game again this week with my new PC and I'm still undecided if I like it or not. It seems I'm spoiled by games like banished and such. Was wondering about missing statistics yesterday and just found out about the mentioned statistics building. Really? A building to get basic information about the processes in the game?

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've spent an alarming amount of time watching some guy play this on Youtube recently. I think once I finish Grandia on Switch I might pick this up.

I have the Anno game on Steam that has a weird name (Age of Discovery? Or something like that) and I remember it getting hella confusing in late game trying to keep track of all the different islands and supply chains and such. I got stressed out playing it haha.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, if I really like Anno 2205, will I like this? I never played other Anno games. I heard 1800 is more for the "hardcore" fans but I have no idea what that means lol

I don't think it's just for the more hardcore fans. I say this as someone who has loved each Anno individually since Age of Discovery, this one is just different. There's complexity in it, but also some things have been made easier and some harder. It's an incredibly well put together game that I deeply recommend if you like city builders.

Last edited:

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
If you are thinking about getting the game, we are currently running a sweet sale, where the main game is between 45% and 55% discounted (depending on edition), while the Season Pass is 30% off.

Finally, there is currently a free week where you can play the game until December 19 to test if you like it.

Last edited:

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
If you are thinking about getting the game, we are currently running a sweet sale, where the main game is between 45% and 55% discounted (depending on edition), while the Season Pass is 30% off.

Finally, there is currently a free week where you can play the game until December 19 to test if you like it.
I just bought the gold edition and look forward to playing it over the holidays. 😎

Cirrus

Oct 25, 2017

Oh nice, I looked yesterday when the thread was bumped but it was still full price.

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Howdy yall, I played the free trial on uPlay for a couple of days and ended up picking the gold edition up on sale.
This is my first Anno game and I'm having a hell of a good time. This is exactly my kind of micromanagement. I'm nearing the end of chapter 2 of the campaign and am just working on getting my artisans happy for the first time.
Any other people jumping in with the recent trial/sale? I feel like no one is talking about this in terms of games that came out in 2019 and that's a real shame

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Howdy yall, I played the free trial on uPlay for a couple of days and ended up picking the gold edition up on sale.
This is my first Anno game and I'm having a hell of a good time. This is exactly my kind of micromanagement. I'm nearing the end of chapter 2 of the campaign and am just working on getting my artisans happy for the first time.
Any other people jumping in with the recent trial/sale? I feel like no one is talking about this in terms of games that came out in 2019 and that's a real shame
I'm going to start playing it on vacation next week. Looking forward to it.

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Finally started playing.

Quick question. Why can't I place my building here?
I guess I can see some beach below, but as I can build a road all the way around I expect to be able to build there...? What am I missing?
oo0qgNB.png

866oDgt.png

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
The beach/sand is starting there, so this place cannot be used. :( The grid is not aligned with the island in some places. That way it looks nice but you end up with such situations.

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
After a couple of hours campaign I've had enough. Time for sandbox without AI. I just want to build my empire without outside disturbances.

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
Hey, can someone tell me what to expect from running this game on a Ryzen 1600, a 1060 6gb and 16gigs of ram?

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
you can play completely without AI if you want to, though you will miss out on a lot of quest and items that are rewarded via them.
all the DLC is giving me plenty of quests.

really enjoying myself. But damn this is crack in gaming form. There is always a new trade route to add or manufacturing chain to optimize.
almost have content engineers now.
8M, +5k, 14k

Deleted member 51646

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Just got the gold edition for only 35 during the Epic Sale thanks to their coupon and I'm really enjoying it so far. Maybe I'm out of practice but it feels a lot more complicated than 1404 and 2070 ever were, especially after reaching engineers.
I really wish the game let you do more than just pan around while paused. Being able to lay blueprints or at least view building/resource info would be so useful when things get hectic. As things are, messing around with my farm layouts to make everything look pretty makes in-game time pass and it feels like I'm falling behind.

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Are any more addons or dlc planned?

my sandbox is going nicely. Must say though the world fair building is quite a disappointment. Was thinking more of something like the end game building in 2070 that fulfilled all building needs for the island. 😜