• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

The funny thing are Steam metrics, Anno 1800 got pulled day one on Steam but still managed to triple Anno 2205 peak.

Anno 1800's concurrent player counts on Steam peaked at 25,214 on launch day, according to Steam Charts. The previous title, Anno 2205, reached 7,401 peak concurrents on day one. We don't have data on how many people are playing through Epic's launcher or Uplay, but it's safe to say that a significant number of those early sales came through Steam.

Congratulations to Com_Raven and Blue Byte.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
People panic pre-ordered, since they weren't going to be able to wait for sales, so it makes sense.

Nec

The Fallen
Mar 12, 2019
Now almost every new game is the fastest selling title of its franchise?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
having four times more players on day 1 than Anno 2205 had.
Well if Steam tripled the previous numbers, then we can say that, based on the stats that around 7k people were playing at once on Epic.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Wonder what the sales split is between Steam, EGS, Uplay and retail. The shelves were pretty low on stock when I picked my copy up.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Well if Steam tripled the previous numbers, then we can say that, based on the stats that around 7k people were playing at once on Epic.

That all depends on the Uplay numbers. We don't know how many people played 2205 on Uplay on day one either.

What you can determine though is that sales/redeemed on Steam are a lot higher than on EGS.

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely loads of people where enjoying the open beta so I'm not surprised that translated in to impressive sales

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
My first experience with Anno was this beta and I loved it. Congrats! Gonna pick up the full game soon.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Steam/EGS shenanigans aside, it's an incredibly fun game and an absolute return to form for the franchise.

It's really beautiful and detailed too.

D48ht3NXoAAEIuI.jpg:large

D48hmU_WwAAregW.jpg:large

D48iNFUXsAASHva.jpg:large

D48ia5MXkAEee5T.jpg:large

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Steam/EGS shenanigans aside, it's an incredibly fun game and an absolute return to form for the franchise.

It's really beautiful and detailed too.

D48ht3NXoAAEIuI.jpg:large

D48hmU_WwAAregW.jpg:large

D48iNFUXsAASHva.jpg:large

D48ia5MXkAEee5T.jpg:large

Nice screenshots. It really is a good looking game. I like how the field placement is handled. Gives a good amount of flexibility to create pleasant farm districts.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
Really hope this comes to Stadia or something - my laptop wouldn't be able to handle it.

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Thank you! We couldn't be happier with how the game is doing so far <3

Can you give us a lifetime sale number for the franchise? Since 1998? I know the first 2 games were major hits that have sold around 4.5 million i think by the time the third game was coming out ? And the third game we have here its budget at 8 million euros, calling it one of the most expensive projects at the time in europe.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...hmarks-for-the-development-of-german-pc-games

Im estimating the series at 15 to 20 million by now. How close am i ?

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People panic pre-ordered, since they weren't going to be able to wait for sales, so it makes sense.

The GMG 15% off version I preordered was a Uplay code - were there better preorder deals available for the Steam version? (I preordered rather late)

Argus

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, it's the first game in the series in a decade that upon coming out, people don't say that an earlier game (1404) is flat out better.

lsarmiliato

Jan 12, 2018
A team if 60 people made this game? Holy crap, congrats! It looks and plays amazing. I loved playing the beta! Money is kind of tight right now because I'm still paying for my new pc, but I'm definitely buying it in a couple of months.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
It's a really good game. I would have normally waited to buy it because the past Anno titles were mixed but because it was leaving Steam fomo got me and it's turned out to be a really great game.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
That all depends on the Uplay numbers. We don't know how many people played 2205 on Uplay on day one either.

What you can determine though is that sales/redeemed on Steam are a lot higher than on EGS.

So it's on Steam, Uplay, EGS? Doesn't that mean that uplay+EGS combined had 1/3 as many concurrent players as Steam alone?

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
It's great to see quality being rewarded. Congratulations to Blue Byte from a long time fan.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Anything you can share about the platform split? Vague hints like 2.5 times more will do ;)

Nothing to comment on there at all, sorry. On the dev side, the most important thing is that people have a great time when they buy our game, regardless of which platform they bought it on :)

Can you give us a lifetime sale number for the franchise? Since 1998? I know the first 2 games were major hits that have sold around 4.5 million i think by the time the third game was coming out ? And the third game we have here its budget at 8 million euros, calling it one of the most expensive projects at the time in europe.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...hmarks-for-the-development-of-german-pc-games

Im estimating the series at 15 to 20 million by now. How close am i ?

The last lifetime sales numbers we have given was "more than 9 million copies", but that was several years ago already. So, more than that for sure!

No questions from me just wanted to say congratulations!

Thank you, that is much appreciated :)

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Really wanted to buy the game after loving Anno 2070, but I can't buy it anymore since I can only get games with Steam gift cards :(.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear. The game looked interesting and I have enjoyed previous Anno entries. I'll definitely look to pick it up once it's back on Steam and can be had for $20 or less.

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing to comment on there at all, sorry. On the dev side, the most important thing is that people have a great time when they buy our game, regardless of which platform they bought it on :)

The last lifetime sales numbers we have given was "more than 9 million copies", but that was several years ago already. So, more than that for sure!

Thank you, that is much appreciated :)
Sorry if it has been asked, can you say if there are any plan on expanding on wich store the game will be available in the future? (Specifically GoG, Steam)

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
But I was told not selling on Steam doesnt hurt your sales and people buy anywhere and dont care about features.

Great success but it could've been higher if it wasnt remove from sale.

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Wonder what era we'll go next. We've been through every century from 1400 until 2200. With the exception of the world wars. That could be an ideea. Building the industry for the war effort.

The mongol invasions? Rome? 10 000 BC ?

Mar 29, 2018
Oh man I didn't realise this was a city builder, I thought it was more like Civilisation or something.

Might just have to jump on board!

Vault

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
have they made a game that's finally better then 1404?

Benjamin1981

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you make a great Anno with the classic setting, gamers will buy the damn thing. I did my part with the Pioneer Edition and the regular retail version.