• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Announced yesterday at Gamescom.

DLC 1, Sunken Treasures, available now. Go treasure hunting in the depths of the sea and build your biggest city yet on a huge new continental island.

DLC 2, Botanica, coming September 10th. Turn your city green with a modular botanical garden.

DLC 3, The Passage, coming this winter. Survive the arctic cold and construct your airship fleet.

Also a day and night cycle will be added as a free update on September 10th.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Enjoy (and feel free to ask any questions, now that I am back from gamescom and checking Era again^^).

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017
No real issues with uPlay (as compared to major villain in the space) - but damn, can you release it on Steam please? I need those lovely achievements in my Steam library! I'll happily double dip again!

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No real issues with uPlay (as compared to major villain in the space) - but damn, can you release it on Steam please? I need those lovely achievements in my Steam library! I'll happily double dip again!

Ubisoft never does Steam achievements anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
And no word about the damn coop mode. It's the one thing me and my friend are waiting for to get back into the game.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
This is a really good game.

Yes, yes it is...I got hooked for a bit. Had to stop playing awhile because it was one of those cases of "Just 5 more minutes" and then I look at the clock at it's 2AM and I need to be work at 8AM six hours later.

I do endulge on my weekends though but I cannot play Anno 1800 during my work week. The oddest part is no other game has ever given me this issue before in the sense of completely losing track of time.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded the trial version. Loved it so I bought it. Total time sink.

Only issue was I couldn't transfer my trial version save to the full game, but it gave me an excuse to sit here and play more while I watch preseason football.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Downloaded the trial version. Loved it so I bought it. Total time sink.

Only issue was I couldn't transfer my trial version save to the full game, but it gave me an excuse to sit here and play more while I watch preseason football.

Apologies for that. The reason is that the trial is limited to the first three residential tiers. if you were to carry your progress over into the main game with all content suddenly unlocked, it would really mess with the AI.

RenorMirshann

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Poland
I'm out of the house for a weekend... But I'll try to find an hour today to try it. (an hour probably won't let me even finish the tutorial, but at least I'll know how the game works on my PC).

Mirabai

Nov 4, 2017
Downloaded it and liked it. I will buy it in the future, but WoW Classic is more important at the moment :D

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Going to try the free week, from some youtubers that play building games i usally watched, this looked really interesting.

kVH2LpZd

Apr 3, 2019
I always struggle to get back into these games after some absence.
I know the last time I logged off with like a million to-dos for the world fair...

Oct 26, 2017
I had some fun with it but workers/population not being cross-island kinda killed the longevity for me. (I know about the commuter hub building, I don't like it)

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Those of us that own Anno 1800 on Steam. Do we need to wait until the game is "officially " released on Steam to buy the DLC?

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Those of us that own Anno 1800 on Steam. Do we need to wait until the game is "officially " released on Steam to buy the DLC?

No, you can buy the DLC as well, check out the in-game news in the main menu. It was super important to the team that all players get all updates and content (free and paid) on the same date, regardless of platform or store used.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Has this game gone on sale before? Downloading the trial now after watching some gameplay videos. Really interested in it but 40 is too much for me atm :(

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Can the Sunken Treasures DLC campaign be done in Sandbox or do you need to complete the normal campaign? I know it says it starts at 100 Artisans or so, but that's right about when the campaign ends. I'm not really sure how it works within the mechanics of the game when you get a giant area none of the AI gets to touch.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Can the Sunken Treasures DLC campaign be done in Sandbox or do you need to complete the normal campaign? I know it says it starts at 100 Artisans or so, but that's right about when the campaign ends. I'm not really sure how it works within the mechanics of the game when you get a giant area none of the AI gets to touch.

Yes you can play all Sunken Treasures content in the sandbox mode. You just need to reach 700 artisans to unlock the expedition that kicks it off.