• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
As the announcement says, we did not take that descision lightly- at all. But we are confident it will help to make the game better and more polished for everyone.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I haven't played Anno in a long time, how is the franchise these days? If I remember correctly, it's essentially Settlers with missions (I'm sure I'm being super reductive), but that sounds like something I could get into right now. Is there a definitive entry to play?

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Only 2 months, it is not a big wait, if 2 months are enough to make a more polished game i'm good with the delay.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
I haven't played Anno in a long time, how is the franchise these days? If I remember correctly, it's essentially Settlers with missions (I'm sure I'm being super reductive), but that sounds like something I could get into right now. Is there a definitive entry to play?

I'd say the definitve entry/ highpoint so far is Anno 1404/ Dawn of Discovery depending on where you live.

As for what it is, Anno is pretty much equal party city-building, economic sim and expploration (trade, diplomacy, war).

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I'd say the definitve entry/ highpoint so far is Anno 1404/ Dawn of Discovery depending on where you live.

As for what it is, Anno is pretty much equal party city-building, economic sim and expploration (trade, diplomacy, war).
Thanks! I actually have Dawn of Discovery languishing in my massive Uninstalled list, I'm going to go ahead and get that downloading right now.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to this. I skipped the last entry mainly due to being tired of the future settings with 2070, but I'm fully onboard with the 1800 setting. I'm hoping a bit of a return to form as well with less of a focus on combat, as that was a bit odd in 2070.

Jan 2, 2018
The last Anno I really loved was sadly also the first Anno, 1602, but I'll will try 1800 when it's ready! Perhaps this entrie will ignite my love for the series once again!

OMEGALUL

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
I don't how they keep making these awful games, the last good one was in 2009. I wonder what awful and anti-consumer DRM this game will launch with, are you going to have sacrifice a chicken every time you want to start the game?

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Watched some beta game play today. It's looking amazing. Take your time!

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah its made by Ubisoft, Blue Byte and its going Uplay and the fucking epic store and 20 DRM schemes to protect a third rate game franchise from the 90s from fility pirates and steam users.

It's also on Steam and that has nothing to do with the quality of the game. It looks great!

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
This is going to be on Steam too? Interesting. I've been stoked for this and Total War: Three Kingdoms since forever. I need my city builders and strategy games.

Lanf

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah its made by Ubisoft, Blue Byte and its going Uplay and the fucking epic store and 20 DRM schemes to protect a third rate game franchise from the 90s from fility pirates and steam users.

Damn son, relax. Blue Byte stole your lunch money? Game is looking good and it's on Steam too. Not that there is anything wrong with Uplay.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
So Tropico releases before Anno again lol. I don't mind. Settlers probably gonna be late 2020 though now, isn't it?

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, two months are nothing, whatever.
If it helps the game I'm happy. As long as they don't cancel it.
Listen to me Yves. Don't. Don't do it. Stop it.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
Settlers and Anno are being developed by two separate teams in separate studios, so our delay should not affect Settlers.
But settlers will be postponed as well I guess. It's the last chance to get traction with the series again and you guys know this quite well ;) it will be worth it I'm sure though

On Anno: too bad! But so I have some more time until it arrives here :) I'm really looking forward to the pre-ordered collector's edition! Skipped all the future annos and I'm really confident this will be great again

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
ozti4Jv.jpg

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
As the announcement says, we did not take that descision lightly- at all. But we are confident it will help to make the game better and more polished for everyone.
1800? You're way late at this point, bud! You're gonna have to add 219 annos to the title if you don't want a lawsuit on your hands!
Good luck with finishing the game :)