• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tunned

Oct 30, 2017
I really want to ask one of your guys for an invite, but stupid question, where the hell do I view my uPlay ID? I've searched everywhere.

Gritesh

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone has an invite they could extend my way please let me know I have the day off today too!

I can forward you my uplay name.

Thanks again

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
yeah, still got three invites left, if you want one, just DM me your uplay ID.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still have one invite left, DM me you Uplay name if you want it.

EDIT : gone

Last edited:

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I'm properly impressed with this beta. The amount of detail is spectacular.

Got some feedback too, regarding the PvP, but that's for the forums. :P

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Oooo, completely missed out that this was going on. If anyone has a spare invite for the beta I'd be most appreciative

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
This game looks gorgeous! Holy cow. So much detail.

I'm kind of lost in terms of mechanics though. Does anyone have a primer on gameplay?

Not sure if it's because its beta, but I'm having a hard time knowing where I stand. For example, I can't find a UI component that tells me what my housing situation is. I only know there are x number of people in my town, I then have to go to a house to see what the capacity is there and do the math to figure things out.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, I'm so bad lol. I need to do some reading lol. I'm WAY over on farm workers, and have a huge shortage of worker workers lol.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
This game looks gorgeous! Holy cow. So much detail.

I'm kind of lost in terms of mechanics though. Does anyone have a primer on gameplay?

Not sure if it's because its beta, but I'm having a hard time knowing where I stand. For example, I can't find a UI component that tells me what my housing situation is. I only know there are x number of people in my town, I then have to go to a house to see what the capacity is there and do the math to figure things out.

Are you after information on gameplay in general or 1800-specific changes? One of the most important things about the later is the change to residences also providing the workforce resource for production buildings on top of tax income. Hence, why upgrades must now be manually selected and the option to downgrade is available.

For overall housing, the top panel contains information on each workforce (associated with population tier) and allows you to adjust the productivity levels of each production type in exchange for increased or reduced happiness levels. Mousing over the upper left stat panel gives a breakdown of total population tier numbers. Also, selecting a Marketplace will give a general overview of the total goods being consumed by each pop tier.

You only need to satisfy needs to advance tiers for residences, but satisfying happiness is important too.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Are you after information on gameplay in general or 1800-specific changes? One of the most important things about the later is the change to residences also providing the workforce resource for production buildings on top of tax income. Hence, why upgrades must now be manually selected and the option to downgrade is available.

For overall housing, the top panel contains information on each workforce (associated with population tier) and allows you to adjust the productivity levels of each production type in exchange for increased or reduced happiness levels. Mousing over the upper left stat panel gives a breakdown of total population tier numbers. Also, selecting a Marketplace will give a general overview of the total goods being consumed by each pop tier.

You only need to satisfy needs to advance tiers for residences, but satisfying happiness is important too.

That helped me a lot!!!

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
man i dint kno there was a beta until i saw lirik playing it and thought it had came out. id love an invite if anyone has an extra

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Beyond some weirdness with the graphic settings, which I see is already reported, this is pretty great so far. I've only ever touched on Anno games in the past, but this is already grabbing me a lot more.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Double post I know, but this is several hours later - and I'm _loving_ this. Super bummed to find out that this isn't coming out till April, as I am already super invested in my little budding nation - and curious to see where thing go from here. At least early going I've not run into too many bugs either. Some oddness with quest turn ins, and once i ran into so missing mission text - but basically this seems pretty rock solid.

Tunned

Oct 30, 2017
Never played an Anno game and I'm absolutely loving the Beta! I'm sold.

One question though, how the hell do you pick items up at sea with a ship? I've failed missions because I have no idea how :/

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

One question though, how the hell do you pick items up at sea with a ship? I've failed missions because I have no idea how :/

Just click on 'm?

(Bit of feedback on the game, it feels as if sometimes the ships don't want to pick up the items or something. And due to the wind direction mechanic it can be quite awkward)

Tunned

Oct 30, 2017
Just click on 'm?

(Bit of feedback on the game, it feels as if sometimes the ships don't want to pick up the items or something. And due to the wind direction mechanic it can be quite awkward)
I've clicked, I've double clicked, I've triple clicked, nothing. Seems you have a similar problem, only my ship refuses to pick up items all the time (the ship's item slots are empty, so there is space on board).

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017

This stumped my too at first. You need to have one of your ships near it, and you have to have a free spot in the ships inventory. You'll know you can pick it up when the cursor changes to a little box looking thing. Oh and you have to right click, not left

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Signed up, saw some streams today and really like how it looks. I was always more of a Settlers guy and only played Anno online for a bit, am curious about the differences.

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
Really enjoyed what I've played so far. The game seems very polished. I wonder if they delayed more for a better release window than for technical reasons.

The little changes like being able to move existing buildings and having crops like potatoes and wheat being able to fill all the nooks and crannies are nice touches. I actually stopped myself once getting to the third tier of citizen because I want to save some of the discovery for the full release.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Thanks so much for your kind worlds all, we are absolutely blown away by the community reaction to the beta <3 And thanks for the feedback regarding ship controls and picking up flotsam, will pass it on to the team to look into.

I wonder if they delayed more for a better release window than for technical reasons.

I take it as a compliment, but the game was delayed tp give us more time to polish and optimize. We think it is good right now, but hopefully it will be great in April.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the double post- we have some details on feedback from the CB, and an Open Beta announcemnt

https://www.anno-union.com/en/you-want-to-read-this-one/
It's going to be long to wait until the Open Beta and release, I can still play it a bit (did not have that much time last weekend), I've put Uplay in offline mode yesterday before the Closed Beta ends, but I'll have to put it back online tomorrow to download The Division 2 Private Beta.

Anyway, I pre-ordered the Pioneers Edition yesterday, that artbook looks great and I love the soundtrack.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I didn't get to play the beta as much as I hoped (wife was sick so had extra parental and adult duties which cut into my free time) but I really enjoyed the time that I did put in. Polish wise it's definitely seemed ready to go and it didn't seem too far away to me optimization wise either (I wish I had been able to play more to see how things performed at higher populations).

The beta definitely put the game more on my radar than it was before and I am really looking forward to seeing the tweaks during the open beta.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
It's going to be long to wait until the Open Beta and release, I can still play it a bit (did not have that much time last weekend), I've put Uplay in offline mode yesterday before the Closed Beta ends, but I'll have to put it back online tomorrow to download The Division 2 Private Beta.

Anyway, I pre-ordered the Pioneers Edition yesterday, that artbook looks great and I love the soundtrack.

Thank you :) I am very happy with how the art book is turning out, and I hope you will enjoy it. And the soundtrack you could already partially judge for yourself with the beta.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I already replied on twitter, but just to reiterate, I'll be all over the OST vinyl!!!