• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Thanks, registered.
I hope we get back to the brilliance of Anno 1404.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in again (was already in the previous one but did not have time to play much), this time the beta is longer.
21GB update over the previous beta.

I can invite 3 "friends", who want to be in ?
(I think I don't have friends interested by Anno)

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I'm in again (was already in the previous one but did not have time to play much), this time the beta is longer.
21GB update over the previous beta.

I can invite 3 "friends", who want to be in ?
(I think I don't have friends interested by Anno)
I would love to get a code, but maybe give some to friends to convince them of the glory of Anno anyway ?

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
What are the requirements?

Yoou can find the (non-final) requirements for the Closed Beta here: https://www.anno-union.com/en/thats-a-load-of-info/

Looks very interesting and i like the setting.
Will it be always online?

No, the game won't be always online :) You need to be online once to activate it at release, and to play multiplayer of course, but singleplayer can all be enjoyed offline.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
For now all invites have been sent out. If you previously registered and did not get an email, double-check your Uplay to see if perhaps the mail got lost, but you actually were invited.

I've doubled-checked and can't locate it, my Uplay name differs significantly from the account I've got here. I probably mucked up and assumed my registration for the 2018 playtest at Anno Union also applied to this Closed Beta.

m_dorian

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Yoou can find the (non-final) requirements for the Closed Beta here: https://www.anno-union.com/en/thats-a-load-of-info/

No, the game won't be always online :) You need to be online once to activate it at release, and to play multiplayer of course, but singleplayer can all be enjoyed offline.

Thanks for the reply. :)

This game is definitely something that i would get but i do not want to support games that are traditionally SP experiences to have MTX so i ll wait for more info about that.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
My cousin works on this game and I very much look forward to seeing if it can continue the great Anno history

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
I would absolutely love a key if there's any spare. I can't overstate how much I love what this is offering.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Just a heads-up for anyone interested: the beta is now live! Enjoy the game, and feel free to leave us feedback!

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
signed up, but didnt get a key either :(

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Completely missed this and I was looking for info on the game just this morning. Signed up now but it's probably too late.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Actual feedback for us as a team goes here please:

https://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1980-Anno-1800-Closed-Beta

Apart from that, I am happy to answer any questions here.

Fantastic, pretty impressed with the beta so far. I really like how the dev team transformed 2205's stock market influence mechanic into one for newspaper propaganda, new trading post establishment, and other player actions.

Got feedback for mostly UI elements, but I'll post em on the forums.

Two questions: is it possible to swap out the selection items on the right-click dial? And is there a way for players to access info on production chain ratios in-game, like an encyclopedia? I appreciate the return to the old system of goods display, but like the older titles, it was kind of a hassle to search them up online.