• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Sad to see, but Annapurna produces and distributes the type of movie that audiences don't go to see in theaters anymore. It didn't help that they are a horrible distributor.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Glad to hear interactive is alive. Still blows my mind Sony dropped that team when they had them. Annapurna is straight up the best indie publisher out there.

Oct 25, 2017
Not only they published amazing games, their future line-up has stuff like Solar Ash Kingdom, The Pathless, Telling Lies, 12 Minutes and more. Really hope they don't get hit by this.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They consistantly make good to great films, but their budgets are kinda wild for the kind of movies they make. Look up the budget for VICE as an example for this. I hope they survive because I like their film output.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
When even a multi-multi billionaire won't fund a film production and distribution outfit to give his kids a reason to leave the house on a weekday because the losses are too much for him to bear the likes of Lionsgate, STX and Sony Pictures/Paramount are fucked.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
That sucks for Annapurna Pictures, but I guess it's good that Annapurna Interactive seems to be fine???

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Shit. I tend to love the games Annapurna chooses to publish and Sayonara Wild Hearts is one of my most anticipated games for the rest of the year.

Hopefully their game publishing branch will survive. :(

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
I wasn't aware that they were founded by Larry Ellison's daughter.

He'll get his 80c on the $ deal from the banks.

This is an example of 'Owe $1000 and the bank owns you. Owe $1bn and you own the bank.' writ large.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to hear interactive is alive. Still blows my mind Sony dropped that team when they had them. Annapurna is straight up the best indie publisher out there.

I'm assuming it wasn't worth the investment any more since they want focus on AAA now. Not soley AAA (see Conrete Genie), but not enough to maintain a division devoted to smaller games that will be on PlayStation any way.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Along with Devolver they've had an extraordinary knack of seeking out and publishing a constant slew of amazing indie classics. They'll be missed.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I guess starting up a huge production company is crazy expensive. They've made great stuff though so I hope they can stick around.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
shit, i hope nothing happens to annapurna interactive, i'm a really big fan of what they're doing for indies.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Well this thread is a rollercoaster of emotions.

I can only wish everyone involved in Outer Wilds the best--it's such a gem.

I need to get into more of their games.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow.. that's a shock. I thought they were bankrolled by a bigger company? They were so consistently great in their output.

Yes, Annapurna and Devolver are both fantastic.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I read the article in the OP and it seems this is basically nothing? Just some renegotiations happening and Megan seems pissed it's even in the news.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Larry Ellison saving his daughter. Its sad that the company is in the red as their films and games are unique and entertaining. They need a marketing team or a better one.