• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tweet from august 25th:

instagram post from today:

i suspect just like they did with flower and journey, they're going to license the game from SIE and release it on PC and/or mobile.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Unfinished Swan was amazing! One of the most unique experiences of these years that I hope more people can enjoy it.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Such a beautiful, amazing and original game! The begining of what I think will be a resume filled with masterpieces from Giant Sparrow.

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I loved that game. Hope it is indeed a PC port, would certainly do another playthrough.

I'm guessing this will wind up as a PC port like their other Sony collaborations. Great news, especially for folks that played through What Remains of Edith Finch and were wondering why that one part of the game seemed a little different from the others.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
btw, do we know what giant sparrow is working on currently?

Giant Sparrow's Next Game

Our next game is still very early in development but we're focusing on the enchanting beauty of animal locomotion. Our goal is to create an experience based around movement as a way of revealing character, conveying mood, and supporting player expression.

We're drawing inspiration from works like Ico, Windosill, Spirited Away, The Life of Birds, and the spirit of Winsor McCay and early Disney films like Bambi and Fantasia that used (for the time) cutting edge technology to build something that didn't feel technical at all, but instead felt strangely and joyfully alive. That's our hope anyway.

When we're ready to talk about the game it'll be on our blog and on twitter.

edit: apparently this was posted going on two and a half years ago. hope there's a reveal before too long

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
I literally just finished What Remains of Edith Finch (30 minutes ago). One character in that game being canonically involved in this title peaks my interest. Hopefully a Switch port?

Cugel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 7, 2017
Remember buyin it on a sale, on a night were plans for cancelled and I was quite depressed. Got blow away and ended up loving it

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Really, really cool game. Loved it even if I felt the ending fell a bit flat. Hope whatever this tease is results in more people getting to play it! A PSVR version would be super compelling as well.

Oct 26, 2017
i wouldn't expect one, as the game is owned by sony.
So is the PoPoLoCrois trademark, and yet:

567063_front.jpg

Frankly Sony can make so much money by putting their indie, family, and Japanese IPs on Switch that are far from their AAA M-rated games.

PaRappa the Rapper
Gravity Rush
Knack
Loco Roco
Patapon
The Unfinished Swan

Stuff like that. All are basically in the retired pile more or less.

They seem a-ok with PC ports now. And MS already has a head start with an outright owned and published port; Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
Frankly Sony can make so much money by putting their indie, family, and Japanese IPs on Switch that are far from their AAA M-rated games.

PaRappa the Rapper
Gravity Rush
Knack
Loco Roco
Patapon
The Unfinished Swan

Stuff like that. All are basically in the retired pile more or less.

They seem a-ok with PC ports now. And MS already has a head start with an outright owned and published port; Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition.

I get the feeling that if we saw them doing that, it would be when they excited the family game market. Otherwise, the entire reason they make those games in the first place, is to try and appease that market on their consoles.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
People are saying they'd like a vr version. I agree in theory but think of the eye strain. Also, if they dulled down the brightness it would lose some of its visual appeal. When i think of this game I think of those crisp bright whites.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
People are saying they'd like a vr version. I agree in theory but think of the eye strain. Also, if they dulled down the brightness it would lose some of its visual appeal. When i think of this game I think of those crisp bright whites.
How about HDR and they just sear it into your retinas.

Last edited:

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I read the title and thought of some kind of sequel, but yeah it's most likely a port.
Loved Unfinished Swan and Edith Finch.

Status
Not open for further replies.