• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Eureka 7 OP2 (Shounen Heart) and ED2 (Fly Away) were the perfect combo of funk. The roll call done in the ED is pretty cool.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
Lotsa good ones posted already!

Here's a couple of my favs:

Dororo

Mob Psycho 100

(Season 2 is also rad, but it wouldn't let me post more, haha)

Last edited:

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
The first and second op/ed in FMAB.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Overlord S3 OP

Then Overlord S3 ED

That said, S2 ED is also amazing (although the S2 OP is pretty meh)

The ending drawings are done by So-bin who's the illustrator for the LN and an amazing artist.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, y'all have posted the good shit already, so I'm gonna go with Ergo Proxy:

Outstanding OP both in song and video, love the style of it. It sets the esoteric, melancholy tone perfectly while still allowing for energy.

And it ends with a simple credits roll ED, but when you've got motherfucking Radiohead playing, you don't need much more:

This is the correct answer.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of cheating because it uses very popular licensed music, but for a run of the mill shoujo title, Paradise Kiss OP/ED punched way above its weight.

parakiss.gif

Paradise Kiss OP

Paradise Kiss ED

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I love this one set of openings and endings in Urusei Yatsura. Pure 80s energy.

Oddly though this opening and ending only last for 15 episodes which is very odd for a 80s series, since back then openings and endings could last an entire year or even more. They were replaced much faster than any other ones in UY itself, aside from the episodes where they used the movie 1 ending for the tv show.

OP
OP
Dice

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Eureka Seven had some great music all around but my favourite "pairing" was OP2 & ED2
Yeah Eureka nailed its OP and ED's, thanks for sharing! I kinda forgot how much I enjoyed the music here.

Great choices. I did wanna highlight Azumanga for finding a really good tone/musical style to go with its constant stream of weird (lol I'm semi-sad that Kiyohiko Azuma apparently hated it?)

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

and...

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG

Yeah these were all quite good, you can tell they budgeted for it. RIP Origa, gone waaay too soon.

I usually think English covers of anime OPs/EDs are lame, and a certain few that get really popular somehow are cringy as hell so I wrote off the entire type.

But this is absolutely fantastic.

happy to help ♫
I'm using this as an excuse to post this amazing cover. Champloo is a fantastic choice for this

Awesome version, very good. Thanks for posting!!

Outstanding OP both in song and video, love the style of it. It sets the esoteric, melancholy tone perfectly while still allowing for energy.

And it ends with a simple credits roll ED, but when you've got motherfucking Radiohead playing, you don't need much more:

I only heard Ergo Proxy's for the first time a couple of years ago and was totally blown away. For one, I do love the nostalgia I feel hearing that kinda early/mid 00's alternative rock. But it's a fabulous song (and again goes passed 1:30! So I presume the studio liked it too xD)

Old people time.
Sorcerer Hunters

Sorcerer Hunter was catchy as hell. I looooove the 90s club music ending and the opening with the guy and girl harmonizing is an underrated effect. ... I swear this series is why I mix up Megumi Hayashibara and Masami Okui, them girls were 90s queens for anime music. On that note...

----
Couple more from me

SLAYERS NEXT

Megumi Hayashibara absolutely, well, slayed for Slayers. They're all pretty good, NEXT probably being the popular choice.

BLEACH

I think Bleach started out really strong for a series that had a lot of winning themes. ASTERISK is impeccably stylish, fun, and cool, with a great beat. Life is like a Boat has Rie Fu has the singer work beautifully in two languages and the song flows really well (it's catchy and easy to sing).

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Some good ones already here, but some more that came to mind:

Shiki's first opening and ending each convey in different ways that you're going to see some brutal stuff in that show (and they're right). It's a pity that I really don't like the second op.

Dorohedoro has like 6 eds in 12 episodes and they're all fantastic, but I'll just pick one to go with the consistent op.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Comes from a current airing show. If ya'll haven't checked it out yet, I highly suggest it.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Eden of the East is probably a rare example of a show I didn't like for itself, but I loved loved loved its OP and ED. The OP is "Falling Down" by Oasis:

And the ED was by School Food Punishment, which is a really neat band:

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The anime is not that great, but the opening and ending for Kannazuki No Miko are fantastic. Kotoko IMO is among my favorite J-Pop solo artists.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kaiji Season 1

BNA Brand New Animal (this one is notable for me where I actually prefer the ED)

Oct 27, 2017

quickly scanned the thread for ergo proxy
i am satisfied now thank you. thread, you may disperse

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe I almost forgot Kaiba.

The OP is gorgeous but it also has my favorite ED of any anime. Utterly stunning music and beautiful visuals.

Bengraven