• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The Anime Series "The Devil is a Part-Timer will be getting a second season. It is unknown when it will start - only that it is currently in production: What are your thoughts and opinions on this news?

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Khatsu-Dum!

I still need to finish the first season 🤯

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
The little kid
which is his 'daughter'
on the left is joining in this season then. Wasn't in the first one, right?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This was such a weird situation. The anime actually sold well, but then just nothing came afterwards for years. Then now we're here, after the light novels are already over.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whaaaaaaaat. I loved the first season but that was forever ago. I didn't think it'd ever get a sequel after all this time. 🤔

Mar 21, 2018
Holy shit, yes!!!! One of the funniest shows I've ever watched. I absolutely can't wait.

Also, when the hell are we getting another season of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid?

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Also, when the hell are we getting another season of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

July

m.youtube.com

TVアニメ『小林さんちのメイドラゴンS』PV第1弾 2021年7月放送開始!

TVアニメ第2期『小林さんちのメイドラゴンS』2021年7月よりABCテレビ、TOKYO MX、テレビ愛知、BS11にて放送開始!TVアニメ第1期『小林さんちのメイドラゴン』2021年4月7日(水)よりABCテレビ、TOKYO MX、BS11にて再放送決定!あのはちゃめちゃドラゴンメイドが再び!ひょんなことから小...

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A new season like 8 years after the fact and after the novels have been over for a year? What the fuck? Sure, I'll take it.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I saw the first season of this in like, college. Art looks different, but the animation looks better?

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Artsyle is definitely a bit different but the animation looks really nice, I'm excited!

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Amusing. I was talking recently with a friend about sequels we never got, and this was one of those animes. So glad a sequel is coming. One of the best comedy animes I have watched.

Mar 21, 2018
July

m.youtube.com

TVアニメ『小林さんちのメイドラゴンS』PV第1弾 2021年7月放送開始!

TVアニメ第2期『小林さんちのメイドラゴンS』2021年7月よりABCテレビ、TOKYO MX、テレビ愛知、BS11にて放送開始!TVアニメ第1期『小林さんちのメイドラゴン』2021年4月7日(水)よりABCテレビ、TOKYO MX、BS11にて再放送決定!あのはちゃめちゃドラゴンメイドが再び!ひょんなことから小...

2021 really is doing it's best to atone for the sins of 2020.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Weird to revive a LN adaptation 8 years after the fact.

A welcome surprise though.

Bring back this age old discourse too.

1437355395300.png

Last edited:

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Feels like season 1 came out a lifetime ago lol

I watched probably 2/3 of season 1 before dropping it. The humor I think had started to wear thin on me. I also worked in fast food at the time, so I think I didn't like being reminded of work 😅. I should probably give it another shot.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Wait wtf???

Me and my friend loved this show! But this is so random and out of nowhere :o
Still, really pumped now.

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017
Really hate how they made everyone look 5 years younger in this new art style.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
OH MY GOSH YESSSSSS! I loved the first season and I was so sad that it never got a second one!

I still can't believe he didn't get together with Emi. Kind of soured it for me.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Man the first season was so long ago I don't even remember what happened in it beyond the first episode or two. I do remember it being a fun show though.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Just finished watching this 2 weeks ago and saw that it came out in 2011 so I was just like okay this is the end.. Guess not!

Trundl_e

Jan 30, 2021
Jesus Christ it's been so long that I was into anime back when this first came out lol

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
forget the love triangle, Mous best friend helper guy was the real OTP in this show

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Fans have been asking for a second season for this since forever and got nothing. As soon as they stop asking because they dislike the LN ending (or at least that's what it seems for the majority though that could well just be bias towards a vocal minority), it gets another season. That is hilarious to me. I'm cool with the LN ending though so I hope the manga or anime don't change it.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
This was such a weird situation. The anime actually sold well, but then just nothing came afterwards for years. Then now we're here, after the light novels are already over.

I didn't really keep up with it but I remember the reactions to the light novels... not being good, at all. Wonder if the anime just does its own thing.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really keep up with it but I remember the reactions to the light novels... not being good, at all. Wonder if the anime just does its own thing.

If it's faithfully adapting the source material the anime wouldn't get anywhere near the ending to the LNs because the first season adapted 2 volumes and there's 19 more volumes to go through. They would have to change the story tremendously to give any sort of proper ending to the story, including some sort of original ending, in just one more season. And even if they were to give it an anime original ending, being close to how the LNs end would make more sense at this point.

Spoilers for the LN ending and why a lot disliked it :
The reason a lot complained about Chiho winning is that Emi seemed to get more development as the series went on and even though I prefer Chiho I can acknowledge their point. But in the absence of that development giving an Emi ending makes no sense whatsoever so I really hope they don't do that.

Last edited: