• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
My friend got me back to watching anime the other week with 86.

Was extremely good, we finished up a couple of days ago. Unfortunately the last 2 episodes wont be out till March, which sucks big time.

/XX/

Oct 25, 2017
Spain

Anime adaptation announced for Hoshi no Samidare (Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer) for Summer 2022

wow hell has finally frozen over
any word on staff yet?
I always wanted Shaft in their prime to do it
, not much point in going there nowadays tho
You made me remember how, time ago, many were asking for an adaptation by GAiNAX... but alas.

And what about that long-coveted soundtrack by the pillows? :-P

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
My friend got me back to watching anime the other week with 86.

Was extremely good, we finished up a couple of days ago. Unfortunately the last 2 episodes wont be out till March, which sucks big time.

I've been holding of catching up on 2nd half of season 2 of 86 for this reason.

metalmonstar

May 17, 2018
So now I have decide who makes the cut and who doesn't. The big question marks for me is Cue. The first two episodes weren't all that great but they weren't that bad either. Third episode was an improvement and I can see how this show can work. The large cast makes me nervous but it being 2 cour helps alleviate. On the other hand 2 cour means a commitment. With how strong spring is do I really want to be tied down with a meh show before the season even starts?

Besides Cue, there is also Police in the Pod and Leadale that I am on the fence.

For bad shows I might stick with Wiseman of the Pupil. A lot of bad shows to pick from this season but not a lot of them are bad in an entertaining way.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
So now I have decide who makes the cut and who doesn't. The big question marks for me is Cue. The first two episodes weren't all that great but they weren't that bad either. Third episode was an improvement and I can see how this show can work. The large cast makes me nervous but it being 2 cour helps alleviate. On the other hand 2 cour means a commitment. With how strong spring is do I really want to be tied down with a meh show before the season even starts?

Besides Cue, there is also Police in the Pod and Leadale that I am on the fence.

For bad shows I might stick with Wiseman of the Pupil. A lot of bad shows to pick from this season but not a lot of them are bad in an entertaining way.

But Richard.....

metalmonstar

May 17, 2018

Other than the arrow scene and the scene Richard escapes Henry's son there haven't been many fun moments in the show. I know I joke that the animation is slideshow level, but watching this show as a whole feels like sitting through a powerpoint. It basically hits the bullet points of a scene, tells you to read the book if you want to learn more, and then moves on.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Other than the arrow scene and the scene Richard escapes Henry's son there haven't been many fun moments in the show. I know I joke that the animation is slideshow level, but watching this show as a whole feels like sitting through a powerpoint. It basically hits the bullet points of a scene, tells you to read the book if you want to learn more, and then moves on.

Fine. I will endure with daveo.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone bullies Karyl Episode 03

Yeah Season 2 is just great really. I dont need Konosuba S3 when I have this.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gigguk posted his top anime of last year

Some interesting choices.
15. Horimiya
14. Star Wars visions
13. Nomad: Megalo Box 2
12 & 11. Komi-San Can't Communicate, Dont toy with me Miss Nagatoro
10. Sonny boy
9. 86
8. JJBA: Stone ocean
7.Vivy
6. To Your Eternity
5. Link clink
4. Ranking of kings
3. Odd taxi
2. AOT: Final Season
1. Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

I think posting this vid is against the thread guidelines.
-DONT POST ANITUBER VIDEOS (In Particular the big name ones Gigg, Mother's Basement, Digi etc..(Those three in particular endorsed the scams of Flying Colors and/or Otakucoin), Baka-Bishie's post found​
here
explains the rationale of why this rule was put into place and links resources to more details on what occurred during one of these scams. Smaller Youtube channel videos can be posted, but please only post them if you think it if you think it will cause actual discussion or gives non-low hanging fruit knowledge.​

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

15. Horimiya
14. Star Wars visions
10. Sonny boy
9. 86
7.Vivy
6. To Your Eternity
5. Link clink
4. Ranking of kings
3. Odd taxi

Yeah and I mostly agree with that list except for Odd Taxi which should change with AoT. But no AniTubers in here. Just make a new thread. It's also better for engagement because lots of people avoid this thread and will certainly post in a thread about that ranking or rankings in general. The reason is even funnier when you realize that Resetera promotes Crypto and NFTs with its daily threads even though we also have daily criticism that they should be banned on here. Maybe I also don't see the point anymore when it's those guys (Animan, Aki, Gigguk, Cdawg) that currently try to warn people of the scam that NFTs are and I personally know Aki and also know that she learned from that fuck up, but now that I think about it it's a bit concering that Gigguk is banned (Digi, Mothers base I dont mind because theyve done some other fucked up shit and have sus opinions on some things), but Crypto and NFT is still to be seen everywhere on here lol.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Lolol. You can't just say Exactly and not respond to my original message. I still think it is worthy of being Anime of the year contender in spite of this.
Rudy has a great design and acts his reborn age, his first crush, and that hugging the pillow scene for example. Beyond that, its a great coming of age story and everyone reaps the benefits and/or consequences of their actions. To expect him to abandon his past life the second he was brought into the new world after the life of bullying and reclusively he lived is just not sensible. He's maturing and with that comes problems that are being addressed as we go. Its fine.

Fruits Basket has people act bad and just don't pay for it, the content you mention is the most alarming with manipulative lying parents abusive family members, everyone trying to take advantage of Kyo and actually don't mind imprisoning him (everyone was, seriously, going to go along with it and say "well thank goodness its not me, and that Im not as bad as the cat spirit, like what even???), questionable age relationship dynamics, forcing kids to live in a way they don't agree with, and also constant holding people against their will or forcing them to do things against their will. Its quite problematic and even at the end stage it is still as such. One wonders if anyone even learned a lesson.

Naofumi and Keyaru are just acting as anyone reasonable person would after being treated badly by the world. Naofumi trying to clear his name, and Keyaru trying to save the world while acting with grace and forgiveness by giving those that wronged him a chance to do better or receive equivalent treatment in return. The morality of his character is understandable with his circumstances.

Last edited:

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Rudy has a great design and acts his reborn age, his first crush, and that hugging the pillow scene for example. Beyond that, its a great coming of age story and everyone reaps the benefits and rewards of their actions. To expect him to abandon his past life the second he was brought into the new world after the life of bullying and reclusively he lived is just not sensible. He's maturing and with that comes problems that are being addressed as we go. Its fine.

Fruits Basket has people act bad and just don't pay for it, the content you mention is the most alarming with manipulative lying parents abusive family members, everyone trying to take advantage of Kyo and actually don't mind imprisoning him (everyone was, seriously, going to go along with it and say "well thank goodness its not me, and that Im not as bad as the cat spirit, like what even???), questionable age relationship dynamics, forcing kids to live in a way they don't agree with, and also constant holding people against their will or forcing them to do things against their will. Its quite problematic and even at the end stage it is still as such. One wonders if anyone even learned a lesson.

Naofumi and Keyaru are just acting as anyone reasonable person would after being treated badly by the world. Naofumi trying to clear his name, and Keyaru trying to save the world while acting with grace and forgiveness by giving those that wronged him a chance to do better or receive equivalent treatment in return. The morality of his character is understandable with his circumstances.
tenor.gif

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bruh. You really defending Redo of Healer's MC? The -actual- rapist MC?

"grace and forgiveness"
Yeah you're just fucking with us

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
The one "wtf was the author thinking" part of Furuba was neatly shoved off into the upcoming movie and I didn't really have to deal with it in the three seasons I watched.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Rudy has a great design and acts his reborn age, his first crush, and that hugging the pillow scene for example. Beyond that, its a great coming of age story and everyone reaps the benefits and/or consequences of their actions. To expect him to abandon his past life the second he was brought into the new world after the life of bullying and reclusively he lived is just not sensible. He's maturing and with that comes problems that are being addressed as we go. Its fine.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissing Sexism; History of Dismissing Misogyny and Numerous Severe Bans
I like how DTL is correct about Fruits Basket and everyone just memes on it. That whole thing was not amusing.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
I like how DTL is correct about Fruits Basket and everyone just memes on it. That whole thing was not amusing.

He has correctly pointed out issues with FB, a series that IS about abuse and toxicity becoming generational and dehumanizing. But then he has not only tried to exhoberate JR, but rather insinuate FB is the worse offender which is wild.

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of bad stuff on this page but that Gigguk post takes the cake.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Ok let's say I bother with DTL past the point of disgust and actually examine what he's saying about furuba. Is the abuse ever condoned by the series? Absolutely not. Are the perpetrators forgiven/without consequences? Only to a certain extent and only by some. Are there large age gap relationships portrayed in a positive light? Yes there are and it's the one thing I dislike about the series.

Do any of these points put furuba on the same level as a show about a serial rapist or a show about a literal pedophile? Hmm, gee that seems difficult to say 🙃

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Abso fucking lutely not. In what circumstances would raping women to death be not problematic??????
BRUH
Can we stop calling Redo and Jobless "problematic"? They aren't problematic, they're goddam trash, sexist vile trash. Problematic is having a disagreement. If all you feel when seeing Jobless and Redo is just disagreement then something's wrong.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Ok let's say I bother with DTL past the point of disgust and actually examine what he's saying about furuba. Is the abuse ever condoned by the series? Absolutely not. Are the perpetrators forgiven/without consequences? Only to a certain extent and only by some. Are there large age gap relationships portrayed in a positive light? Yes there are and it's the one thing I dislike about the series.

Do any of these points put furuba on the same level as a show about a serial rapist or a show about a literal pedophile? Hmm, gee that seems difficult to say 🙃

I'm crying 😂

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
b7vYZdG.jpeg

I'm thinking of catching up on some showd I've missed recently. Both Vivy and Wonder egg priority is good right? Anything else noteworthy released in the last year or two?
Olympia Bessatsu Kyklos is art that would make Homer blush.

Apparently Durarara is similar to Bungo. Is it worth watching?
It isn't really, beyond taking place in modern city setting with some superpowers. S1 is fun and probably a worthwhile watch (I think i recall ending being weak) Everybody hates later season(s?) so probably better to leave that alone.
Besides the weird at times character designs, the direction in general in Akebi-chan gives me a lot of creepy vibes more often than I'm usually comfortable with, and my tolerance is pretty high when it comes to that stuff. It feels like every single scene and situation exists for the sole reason of some kind of pandering, even if the situations themselves are not particularly lewd by themselves. It also doesn't help when how boring all the characters are which is what makes these situations extremely uninteresting as well.
Yeah. I want to be generous and not overly paranoid and say, it's just not aimed at my demographic but it's definitely veering into uncomfortable territory in stuff I've seen.

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we stop calling Redo and Jobless "problematic"? They aren't problematic, they're goddam trash, sexist vile trash. Problematic is having a disagreement. If all you feel when seeing Jobless and Redo is just disagreement then something's wrong.
Ah I wasn't sure of the right word to use there, I'll keep it in mind

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Oh since people are on guard about the word heal in anime titles thanks to a certain show I should point out the upcoming "The wrong way to use healing magic" does not mean in a pervy or nasty way. It means it in the use it to train past human limits because you can heal while subjecting your body to levels of training that would normally cause it to fall apart. Pretty fun one I'm looking forward to actually.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017

15. Horimiya
14. Star Wars visions
10. Sonny boy
9. 86
7.Vivy
6. To Your Eternity
5. Link clink
4. Ranking of kings
3. Odd taxi

not sure why i was subbed but that #1 is worth an unsub

Acts his age like getting horny about breasts while breastfeeding as a baby? Using bullying as a vehicle for sympathy is garbage when you're having your character grope kids.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
This forums stance on anime is inconsistent af. I got a long ban for telling people MiA was ok if you skip scenes (which in retrospect was deserved). That show is permabanned from discussion which is fair enough, but one of the most popular shows this last year has a 35 yr old dude literally trying to undress kids because he's horny(no I don't care that he inhabits a different body). I don't even know what Redo of Healer is but it sounds nasty af too.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That show is permabanned from discussion which is fair enough

Still won #2 in the AOTY awards that year... Though I wouldn't say it's banned (Toonami OT live watches it every week) it's just that discussing it openly often leads to people defending things they shouldn't be, and then they catch a ban as a result.

As for the mods, I mean, I don't expect them to keep up with every gross anime out there, so of course they're only gonna react when again, people are trying downplay stuff they shouldn't be and get reported over it

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
The Akebi manga was already peak "man, the author really likes to draw these young girls, huh?" And they're a great artist and in isolation, there's hardly any chapter particularly egregious. But as a whole it's just... suspicious. Or weird, at the least.

From what it sounds like, the anime just goes into straight up honest foot fetish territory and such? Kinda weird, as I'd have expected them to rather lessen that side but then it's the anime industry and pedo/rapist isekai shows get praised by even western audiences and, to no surprise, that includes the "huehue, anime is trash and so am I, so now I can promote this crap to my audience because deprecative humor neutralizes all that :)" anitubers.

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
I have been watching stuff!!

Typhoon Noruda

More Studio Colorido stuff and I really wish I hadn't wasted my time!

Laughing Target

Been sampling the Rumic World OVAs lately and forgot how just how, well, horror half of them are. This is kinda dumb in the end but carries itself almost like a slasher movie so that's cool.

Maris the Choujo

This is the other side of the Rumic World stuff in that it's a big goofy space comedy about a superstrong girl that hates being poor.

Ore, Tsushima

It was as good as I expected it to be and a great way to kill like 20 minutes.

Dragonball Z: Dead Zone

Wanted to get a little shounen on and Funi has the movies. This has always been a favorite of mine if only for it being less beam spammy and the fights being very, very physical. I die a little inside every time I see Goku's chin smash against the stair rail.

Lily C.A.T.

I never realized these were Umetsu designs. It's basically Alien/Among Us to easily explain it. It's aggressively just ok but something I still had nostalgia for.

Akira

Everything that can be said probably has already so I'll just say I'm glad that recent UHD release from last week was good.

Space Adventure Cobra

Speaking of UHDs, I was sad mine stopped working 2/3 through the movie. I figure it's a player issue but might order another copy just to be sure. Movie was DNR'd, almost too aggressively sometimes, but the HDR is amazing against the unnaturally clean look it has now. Sadly, I had to finish the last third on retrocrush.

Lupin III: Jigen's Gravestone

Top 5 Lupin thing for me since we finally got the Koike Lupin expected when Fujiko came out. I was a little miffed then but I figure I'll like Fujiko a lot more nowadays and it's on the list to revisit for this year. The robot pervert sex club in this will be forever very wat tho.

Did Jigen deserve his own theme? The answer is a thousand times yes.

Last edited:

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Cat Girl Mage Karol episode 3

I see that the girls went to the Kuroko school of having your neck broken but somehow surviving.

/XX/

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
unknown.png

Now I finally understand why Panty & Stocking S2 hasn't been greenlit from the beginning. 😭
How one of those usually ridiculous hoaxes from /a/, without the faintest semblance of credibility even at its time, keeps being perpetuated until now since nearly a decade ago... I'll never know, or understand it! :-D

Also, the C91 'dōjin' CEMETERY HILLS is the official continuation of P&SwG's story we actually ended up getting! The main takeway from it was that ΑΩ Nova became the ultimate 'ikemen' for Panty, and that (of course) the 'TRIGGERverse' introduced with those SPACE PATROL LULUCO crossovers was here to stay. :-P

Last edited:

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
How one of those usual hoaxes from /a/, without the faintest semblance of credibility even at its time, keeps being perpetuated until now since nearly a decade ago... I'll never know, or understand it! :-D
Ah, I was just wondering "shit, I know I haven't read Newtype in years, but I really don't remember ever seeing them air creators' or companies' dirty laundry in public like that, what the hell?"!
That makes a lot more sense, thanks. ^^

Oct 25, 2017
Back Arrow Episode 24 EngDub End

Could finally finish it. Alright resolution, the final battle before they burst through to go to God was more interesting than the actual final and the resolution, still. really loved how Bit played the biggest role in the whole series at the end, theres a reason his type of character is always my favorite. lol Awesome.

Also I loved when Back Arrow had that arc where he lost control, wish more series would do such a thing to the lead character.

Overall super memorable, and ultimately, a must watch. Was so glad they gave it 24 episodes and not 12 like some series want to do.

Please watch.

Oct 25, 2017

Crunchyroll has officially revealed its plans for the JUJUTSU KAISEN 0 anime film, which is on the way to theaters in the United States and Canada on March 18. Tickets go on sale starting February 25, and TOHO Animation and MAPPA's anime adaptation of Gege Akutami's prequel manga will be available in both the original Japanese with English subtitles and dubbed in English.

In addition to screenings in over 1500 theaters nationwide, JUJUTSU KAISEN 0 will be released in select U.S.-based IMAX theaters.

__

Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.