• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
You can do it. it's not that long of a watch.
5RJ4JpC.gif

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
African Salaryman (TV) 1-12

I was hoping I would enjoy this like Aggretsuko but... I liked it, but didn't love it, and it just didn't hook me in with the gags. I'm picky with my comedy, and this was only ok. Didn't care for the high school gags either.

Jujutsu SP

I actually enjoy these live-action New Years specials, with the overly-enthusiastic voice actors, despite being fancy recaps. Used to see them often when they used to be subbed for Pokemon.

Egyptian Gods 06

This one went all out with the anime tropes.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
the world needs more reverse isekais imho. more fantasy elves and shit in akihabara or whatever.

but not, like, gate tho
You mean like The Devil Is a Part-Timer! or something? I wish I liked that show more, because conceptually it's fab.

EDIT: Wait, there's also the ultimate reverse isekai...

saint-oniisan.png

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
They're from this world though, just a higher plane of it

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
Checked out the first episode of EX-ARM out of curiosity...

Is Crunchyroll taking the piss?

tempted to see if this really is worse than that other Crunchyroll Original disaster Gibiate
edit: yep it's worse than Gibiate. I liked the bit where the CG ragdoll said he could feel his heart racing while placing his left hand on his right breast lol.

d029eZr.jpg

Last edited:

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
tempted to see if this really is worse than that other Crunchyroll Original disaster Gibiate
edit: yep it's worse than Gibiate. I liked the bit where the CG ragdoll said he could feel his heart racing while placing his left hand on his right breast lol.

d029eZr.jpg
Why is his hand so massive and his arm so tiny?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
In theory CR, Funi, Toonami, etc funding a show doesn't have to mean the show will be terrible. CR just seems to take the lowest bidder and it shows.

Their originals have been a mixed bag of enjoyment/quality. From what I have seen so far:

Tower of God - very different art style, but at least engaging and interesting

The God of High School - good quality MAPPA art, but just how the story was condensed....

Noblesse - also good art, but blandest of the bland story

So I'm a Spider, So What? - CG doesn't both me on this, and something that I enjoyed as of the first ep

So I mean, it seems pretty scattered, as as mentioned before, CR has been in a production committee for a few different shows over the past few years, as well.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Their originals have been a mixed bag of enjoyment/quality. From what I have seen so far:

The God of High School - good quality MAPPA art, but just how the story was condensed....

So I'm a Spider, So What? - CG doesn't both me on this, and something that I enjoyed as of the first ep

So I mean, it seems pretty scattered, as as mentioned before, CR has been in a production committee for a few different shows over the past few years, as well.

All of those to my knowledge are adaptations of manga, including Ex-Arms. If the story is bad it's either a case of the source material being bad or the adaptation rushing the story making it appear worse then it is.

Oct 25, 2017

I would also say I don't know about the lowest bidder part, all of these could be seen as rather safe bets for anime choices as they all have source material that people like (same for Shield Hero).

Fans of Korean comics (webtoons) have always wanted their content animated as well.

Perhaps the argument could be made about the content that is "anime original" and not an adaptation.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the failure of EX ARM doesnt impact the voice actors in the show. Then again, has a bad show ever ruined VA careers?

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
WONDER EGG PRIORITY - 01

Well this was the one show I was excited about watching this season and it did not disappoint. Weird and beautiful. Excited to see where it goes

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
EX-ARM, just after watching clips (CR helping fund or not), is just such a weird thing to see... A whole group of people just looked at it and thought "ok, this is fine". It's so weird... Not since like, 80s/early 90s cartoons, did I last see animation not give a crap because "eh, it's for kids".

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder Redo of Healer is coming out soon, and while I'm sure someone in here might check it out because of this post... the rest of you should remember not to be fooled by the picture.

If you need a reminder why you shouldn't support this show and to be sad at humanity in general give
myanimelist.net

how can people call this edgy

i read the manga for this and i can't understand what prompts people to call it edgy yeah there's rape and revenge but he rapes a girl who drugged raped and tortured him for years, there's a lot of gore but all of it is justified, he does kill but not indiscriminately, he didn't go the world is...

a read.... here's the opening post.

cWR6kWb.png

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
but redo is the epitome of edgy, and not even good edge, you think his revenge would consist of something more than brainwashing the girls into being his waifus...

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody knows how long Bungou Dogs Wan is ? Anichart seem to have slapped it down into the shorts category.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
WONDER EGG PRIORITY EPISODE 1:

Well then, I can already say that this is the hidden gem of the season, really strong opener, fantastic and subtle direction, one to watch.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
People need to stop bringing up more anime to watch. I might actually die of anime consumption this season.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
People need to stop bringing up more anime to watch. I might actually die of anime consumption this season.

It looks like this Wonder Egg one is only on Funi, so since my sub is lapsing this week, it's one more show I can avoid. I got behind too on a few shows this past week, and still haven't started the animal designing one yet, either >_>

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
....is it Golden Week yet so I can catch up? >_> Def going to get really behind again...

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
I can imagine that the manga for Redo of Healer will be toned down in the anime.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder Egg
looks amazing, and some great direction throughout the episode.
wish Otherworld Picnic had the same production values tbh.

with Horimiya, Otherside, Biyori, Yuru Camp and others (Log Horizon tomorrow!) this is shaping up to be my fav season in a long long while

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
*starts coming up with a mosaic for anime of the year, and realized I get to pick what picture represents each show*

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I still have to watch 10 shows from last season since I prefer to binge. Plus I keep adding older shows to my watchlist. I recently finished Psycho-pass and now I'm watching Fate Apocrypha.

Oct 25, 2017
The Millionaire Detective - Balance: UNLIMITED Episode 11 END EngDub

Definitely up there for one of the best anime in 2020, every episode was great and Haru is definitely one of the best lead characters. Good long lasting mystery too and was blindsided and mindblown at the conclusion. Really phenomenal storytelling job.

Will miss this. Wish it got another season or sometihng, it deserves it.

Miss you Haru, and also, just get with Hoshino already, justice friends forever.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
The Millionaire Detective - Balance: UNLIMITED Episode 11 END EngDub

Definitely up there for one of the best anime in 2020, every episode was great and Haru is definitely one of the best lead characters. Good long lasting mystery too and was blindsided and mindblown at the conclusion. Really phenomenal storytelling job.

Will miss this. Wish it got another season or sometihng, it deserves it.

Miss you Haru, and also, just get with Hoshino already, justice friends forever.

No lies detected.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Bungou Stray AOTY Dogs Wan 1

To be honest, I'd would probably still watch this even if it was complete crap just because of my general attachment to the franchise,cast and VA work. Thankfully crap it is not but at the same time I don't think people without said attachment will get much of it, at least so far. 2nd skit was pretty weak too.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Made in Abyss 10
I spent this entire episode biting my nails or saying fucking stop already.

Anime of the Year 2020 Information

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Alright folks Anime of the Year is up:

Anime of the Year 2020

It closes on Feb 20th at midnight!!!

There is a brand new category: Hidden Gems. Should help us balance out the popularity contest aspect of it and expand people's horizons!

Narag could we get a threadmark for it so people can remember in the future?

Yes Ishigami got the cover image for Kaguya :)

djinn I could not resist picking those images for Fruit Basket and Chihaya <3 lolol

Also all the credit to Printer Paper 8 X 11 for their work on making last year's thread, and which I have used as scaffolding for this year's !

Last edited:

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Alright folks Anime of the Year is up:

Anime of the Year 2020

It closes on Feb 20th at midnight!!!

There is a brand new category: Hidden Gems. Should help us balance out the popularity contest aspect of it and expand people's horizons!

Narag could we get a threadmark for it so people can remember in the future?

Yes Ishigami got the cover image for Kaguya :)

djinn I could not resist picking those images for Fruit Basket and Chihaya <3 lolol
I'm just gonna rate all 10 shows as #1 as I can't decide where to actually place them. 2020 had some bangers, even if overall it was a shit year.

Status
Not open for further replies.