• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like I've been quiet about my thoughts over the years that my knee jerk reaction to most cute girls doing cute things is
kill-it-with-fire.gif

:P

It's like the main thing I rarely see eye to eye with animeera in general lol.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Madness give me more sports shows!!!! They are clearly keeping anime afloat!
I mean sports shows are always there, they just never really go up or down in count, typically you have 2-5 of them a season and what not.

Most of them aren't great, but most of them also aren't terrible. Nice popcorn anime in general.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
I mean sports shows are always there, they just never really go up or down in count, typically you have 2-5 of them a season and what not.

Most of them aren't great, but most of them also aren't terrible. Nice popcorn anime in general.

I think Sports Anime have been giving us greater highs than most other genres in recent memory.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I think Sports Anime have been giving us greater highs than most other genres in recent memory.
in general they are just a subsection of shonen grounded a bit more in reality (most of the time).
I won't say they aren't enjoyable, but quite frankly something like Haikyuu is merely good not great to me. Same with my views on most Shonen series at this point. Most top out at merely good and not great at this time (for me).

My heart has just grown too cold and bitter and the power of friendship no longer warms it like it once did.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
kumo desu 1

wow i could not give less of a shit about her classmates they better do a lot to win me over

yes i know the light novels are like this

manga stays winning

cg was pretty good, much better than the initial teaser, what was it, last year? i am pleased

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
in general they are just a subsection of shonen grounded a bit more in reality (most of the time).
I won't say they aren't enjoyable, but quite frankly something like Haikyuu is merely good not great to me. Same with my views on most Shonen series at this point. Most top out at merely good and not great at this time (for me).

My heart has just grown too cold and bitter and the power of friendship no longer warms it like it once did.

Sounds like you need a rival to give you a rousing speech and send you into a flashback montage while Yuki Hayashi does his thing in the background

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Why is reborn as an OP character in a fantasy world more popular than born as an OP character in a fantasy world?

because if you're constantly talking about conbini and bento or flush toilets or whatever that's more immediately relatable than simply being OP

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017

WIth both, the last Chihayafuru and Haikyuu season being disappointing, I can't help but agree. And well, it's not like only these seasons had issues, it's rather that the problems became even more emphasized rather than less :/

I don't think I've much left to say about Haikyuu's outright parody levels of pacing and Chihayafuru's romance turned into shoujo-nonsense the likes of which I couldn't have seen coming. From really quite liking Chihaya, Arata, and Taichi and even enjoying the love-triangle to "Oh god, just make this stop! Go play more Karuta or s.th. And fuck off Hanano! I didn't need you to be defined purely by your one-sided crush for yet another whole season!"

Unfortunately, I ought to keep my mouth shut about 'Run with the Wind' with how beloved that is here

Despite its author clearly not having the slightest clue about running or sports/exercise in general.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
WIth both, the last Chihayafuru and Haikyuu season being disappointing, I can't help but agree. And well, it's not like only these seasons had issues, it's rather that the problems became even more emphasized rather than less :/

I don't think I've much left to say about Haikyuu's outright parody levels of pacing and Chihayafuru's romance turned into shoujo-nonsense the likes of which I couldn't have seen coming. From really quite liking Chihaya, Arata, and Taichi and even enjoying the love-triangle to "Oh god, just make this stop! Go play more Karuta or s.th. And fuck off Hanano! I didn't need you to be defined purely by your one-sided crush for yet another whole season!"

Unfortunately, I ought to keep my mouth shut about 'Run with the Wind' with how beloved that is here

Despite its author clearly not having the slightest clue about running or sports/exercise in general.

So much slander.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
no but you see he was a baby so it is okay he was excited to suck on his mom's boobs you see haha it's funny because it's not weird haha

To be frank I am not sure how anyone could have watched the first episode off that show and not expected it to go entirely downhill from there.

That said wow I guess even then I wasn't expecting jacking off to children.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Egyptian Gods 6

This was the truly unexpected laugh I needed today.

Gay Surfing 1

This is sooooooo queerbaity, my God. I am not a fan of the CG, but the water is actually fine, just the character models stick out a little too much. Tomoaki Maeno is such a great voice actor but I am out of my element with this casting marching to his voice 😂

Oct 25, 2017
Gay Surfing 1

This is sooooooo queerbaity, my God. I am not a fan of the CG, but the water is actually fine, just the character models stick out a little too much. Tomoaki Maeno is such a great voice actor but I am out of my element with this casting marching to his voice 😂
ive been waiting for this ever since it was just a teased project before its movie premiere , so hyped.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017

Tempted to put you on ignore for this libel.

Umamusume: Pretty Derby Season 2 episode 2

Continues to be both ridiculous from it off the wall jokes to being very heartwarming.
This comes to ahead when Trio misses out on a big race she was hoping to join into, get all teared up when all of the racers are running for her in hopes to be better than her.

love live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club

Like yo, this was much more enjoyable than I expected. The show does away with the running gag of school shutting down so we form idol group to keep it running, and makes it more personal with not just what kind of a idol you want to be but how does it fit in your life. My fave is Setsuna Yuki is has incredible energy and a interesting approach to balancing her love of the scene with her more strict life. Favorite episode has to be The Shape of Smiles (〃>▽<〃) where Rina does her best be more emotional and gets the help with a face device at the end to help express herself.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Dungeon Boonies episode 2

Doctor Beltopus.

That other show with dungeon in the title

All you need is love. Also, why does that one character have voice that doesn't match her appearence?

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Kemono Jihen 1

(what actual pokemon encounters would look like IRL)

Promised Neverland S2 1

Right Into it huh. Good stuff as expected.

Not if you can't catch me!

runs away with terrible posture that my supposed expert runner buddies didn't immediately correct me on but it's cool because it's a bit of a running joke (heh) and I mean the story isn't really about running anyway

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Cherry Magic 9

Never did I imagine as a young gay boy growing In south america that I would find myself watching a japanese gay drama, yet here we are. These two have the most beautiful of smiles my God.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
I see there was some isekai slander on the last page. The world needs more isekais 😏

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017

Agreed on Haikyuu but I thought S3 of Chihayafuru was pretty dang good. I thought the shoujo / romance stuff was great since unlike karuta, I actually understood what was going on :P

Wow just realized the second cour of S3 was in 2020. Jesus what a long ass year. Everything before April is a blur.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
the world needs more reverse isekais imho. more fantasy elves and shit in akihabara or whatever.

but not, like, gate tho

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
holy shit these guys went on an anime pilgrimage

for a place further than the universe

for anyone who didnt watch that's in antarctica

/edit i'm wrong sorry he was already there, started watching the show and decided to take photos

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
the world needs more reverse isekais imho. more fantasy elves and shit in akihabara or whatever.

but not, like, gate tho

Welcome to Japan Ms. Elf does that, it splits its time between a fantasy world when MC is asleep and Japan when he is awake.
The Japan bits are really boring tho. Follow Ms Elf as she discovers that all Japanese food is oshii, all Japan scenery is beautiful, all anime is incredible art etc. Even more pro Japan wank than GATE tbh.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to Japan Ms. Elf does that, it splits its time between a fantasy world when MC is asleep and Japan when he is awake.
The Japan bits are really boring tho. Follow Ms Elf as she discovers that all Japanese food is oshii, all Japan scenery is beautiful, all anime is incredible art etc. Even more pro Japan wank than GATE tbh.

funny that's the bit i like most about the manga because the fantasy isekai stuff is mostly boring, except for the bits where they are trying to navigate how the death/revive stuff works and using it to do tricky shit above their level range or whatever'

it is way more fun watching elf girl try french cuisine

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
I can run the AOTY thread. I assume no one is planning on it? Otherwise, I'll try and get it up sometime this week.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
funny that's the bit i like most about the manga because the fantasy isekai stuff is mostly boring, except for the bits where they are trying to navigate how the death/revive stuff works and using it to do tricky shit above their level range or whatever'

it is way more fun watching elf girl try french cuisine

ah I read the LN, the lengthy descriptions of said food tasting etc become incredibly tedious while the dungeon crawling was ok.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
ah I read the LN, the lengthy descriptions of said food tasting etc become incredibly tedious while the dungeon crawling was ok.

oh yeah i can barely stomach the UWAAA UMAIIII OISSHIIII stuff in anime/manga so it is probably hell in a LN where often the translators are not getting paid enough (or at all) to be really creative about how to talk about how good food tastes

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
holy shit these guys went on an anime pilgrimage

for a place further than the universe

for anyone who didnt watch that's in antarctica

/edit i'm wrong sorry he was already there, started watching the show and decided to take photos

Damn, goals right there. Hope I'll get an opportunity to set foot on Antarctica once covid is a thing of the past

Status
Not open for further replies.