• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Was Horimiya the manga were the male lead hits the female lead quite regularly? also while it ended? it still ongoing with different characters?

Oct 26, 2017
Was Horimiya the manga were the male lead hits the female lead quite regularly? also while it ended? it still ongoing with different characters?
It's later revealed that Hori is a slight "masochist" so she likes aggressive Miyamura who yells and is a little rough with her. Miyamura is completely uncomfortable with it by the way even mentioning "what kind of play is this" and apologizing to Hori when hit slaps her head for being to slow at the conbini.

The manga hasnt ended, the latest chapter was about the Hori's parents meeting in highschool but yeah cast expands quite a bit in later chapters and derails from the main couple completely in some chapters focusing on the side characters which some readers don't like.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why does everyone hate the Psycho Pass sequels? Is it cool to hate like the Matrix sequels?
No spoilers please. I'm at episode 15 of the first season.

Oct 25, 2017
Skate-Leading Stars Episode 3

Love how Sasugai and Maeshima always express the same emotions.

ErYds6YXUAApBrZ

While also being total opposites at times.
ErYb8PoXcAMF4yv
ErYc1JXW8AUjefi

Skating scene was great. how Shinozaki showed up to, to watch and actually said Maeshima's name was great. He was acknowledge, and also acknowledged by Sho-chan.

Was almost afraid he would ruin it though but he gave it to Himekawa.

Why you transfer though?

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
How long is the Horimiya anime?
If it is one cour long, I will probably skip it for now, buy the first volumes and read them before watching the anime adaptation.

Last edited:

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Jobless Reincarnation 1
While I liked the time spent setting up bits of the world, I could go without the protag being a perv most of time. I also didn't need the scene with his parents loudly having sex in the background, even if he does ignore it I'll watch another episode and see just how much of the show is him being a perv and decide if I can stomach that or drop it outright.

Show is really beautiful, all things considered.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Jobless Reincarnation 01

Low-tier humor, great animation and visuals, good music, possibly good if MC doesn't grow up to be a complete irredeemable perv like he is now.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So if I see this correctly then "Jobless Reincarnation" is basically an old story that pretty much was the one that started the entire Isekai craze?

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Horimiya 1

Really great first epsiode also the ED animation is so damn cute. Glad Hulu in the states has it otherwise I would have completely missed out on it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yakitate Japan episodes 1-5
Randomly found out about this one on discord the other day and binged some episodes. Yup random mashups like this is up my alley. And the second arc crash can't be worse than Food Wars(or can it? Oh well I read that one all the way through anyways)

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Randomly found out about this one on discord the other day and binged some episodes. Yup random mashups like this is up my alley. And the second arc crash can't be worse than Food Wars(or can it? Oh well I read that one all the way through anyways)

Series is just a lot of dumb fun.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yakitate Japan is a classic and absolute pure gold.
Watch the whole thing

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yakitate Japan is a classic and absolute pure gold.
Watch the whole thing
I watched 5 episodes instead of video game time last night(since it's subs of course), versus the episode or two of Gaogaigar I've been doing(and will finish, I'm in the final 15-20... of base, there's still final too). Trust me I'm hooked. I love shonen subversions, even if the good ones are tricky to find. May ask for some suggestions after I finish.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I watched 5 episodes instead of video game time last night(since it's subs of course), versus the episode or two of Gaogaigar I've been doing(and will finish, I'm in the final 15-20... of base, there's still final too). Trust me I'm hooked. I love shonen subversions, even if the good ones are tricky to find. May ask for some suggestions after I finish.
A lot of old anime fans love it, for me the way one joke side character gets shafted made me feel bad for them, helps that the stakes aren't sky high i guess.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
It's later revealed that Hori is a slight "masochist" so she likes aggressive Miyamura who yells and is a little rough with her. Miyamura is completely uncomfortable with it by the way even mentioning "what kind of play is this" and apologizing to Hori when hit slaps her head for being to slow at the conbini.

The manga hasnt ended, the latest chapter was about the Hori's parents meeting in highschool but yeah cast expands quite a bit in later chapters and derails from the main couple completely in some chapters focusing on the side characters which some readers don't like.
I forgot much like one punch man there are two versions of this
myanimelist.net

Hori-san to Miyamura-kun

People say that the youthful days are always bittersweet, but maybe it's just bitter? Kyouko Hori is a flashy high school girl, who, despite her ostentatious appearance, excels in academics and has a family-loving character. Izumi Miyamura is a bland high school boy, who, despite not wanting to...
myanimelist.net

Horimiya

Although admired at school for her amiability and academic prowess, high school student Kyouko Hori has been hiding another side of her. With her parents often away from home due to work, Hori has to look after her younger brother and do the housework, leaving no chance to socialize away from...

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon (2019) 50

Hilarious that they brought Cara Liss from Sword/Shield in to showcase the abomination fossils. Really unexpected catch for Ash, rounding out his team and it's nice that Koharu is going to be joining them more frequently. Guess next week Sir Fetch'd is happening.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Saint Seiya 61-63

I completely forgot about the other Bronze Saints :x Hyouga vs Scorpio Milo and mannn these guys just lose buckets of blood :p Milo seems honerable in the fight, yet denolished Andromeda Island? Pope is sure freaking out and hallucinating, now that all of the Gold Cloths are resonating. Saggitarius Gold Cloth has a mind of its own and challenging Seiya? Ok, sure.
The Sagittarius trial is anime-original, BTW.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Jobless Reincarnation 1
While I liked the time spent setting up bits of the world, I could go without the protag being a perv most of time. I also didn't need the scene with his parents loudly having sex in the background, even if he does ignore it I'll watch another episode and see just how much of the show is him being a perv and decide if I can stomach that or drop it outright.

Show is really beautiful, all things considered.
Jobless Reincarnation 01

Low-tier humor, great animation and visuals, good music, possibly good if MC doesn't grow up to be a complete irredeemable perv like he is now.
It was even toned down compared to the monologues we get in the novel about how disgusting the MC is. I read only the first volume but I feel like even if he gets good development (and based on everything I heard, he does), it will still leave a bad taste.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It was even toned down compared to the monologues we get in the novel about how disgusting the MC is. I read only the first volume but I feel like even if he gets good development (and based on everything I heard, he does), it will still leave a bad taste.
Toned down? jfc I wouldn't have made it past the first volume. I question just how "good" the source material could be and how much hype there's been for the characters and world.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
they could have toned it down another ten notches for the anime as boy was it a significant issue with the first episode.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Toned down? jfc I wouldn't have made it past the first volume. I question just how "good" the source material could be and how much hype there's been for the characters and world.
He doesn't really do different actions in there but the monologues are worse there, especially what we get before he's reincarnated. Here that opening scene was kept short and to the point, aside from the MC's bad jokes.

Oct 25, 2017
Attack on Titan Episode 64

lol Eren, wow, epic entrance.

I do wonder what his goal here is, as well as the others.

And I wonder what Falco and Reiner's role is now, I hope we don't end up with something where Eren is going to have to die at the end of the series or get defeated or something...

The peace thing is interesting, imagine where things would be if, Reiner and co had never broke the walls.

(guess we would still have the issue of all the titans outside of the walls in the first place to deal with)

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
13 Sentinels END

This was absolutely a masterpiece. Incredible story, so many incredible twists. They landed it beautifuly and the way the combat ties into it was shockingly good. I hope this game gets adapted some day, if done right it might be a timeless anime like Stein's Gate. As is, this is an true achievement in video game storytelling.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
The Quintessential Quintuplets season 1

MikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMiku
MikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMikuMiku

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's what happens when you get pretty much your entire production team made entirely of people who generally work on live action with 0 background in anime and who clearly have no respect for the medium or the people who make it

Also fun fact, the trailers for this show said they were "declaring war on the SciFi genre" with this show, which is a bold statement when you're making it with a really good show, let alone... this lol

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I recommended Ex-Arm to a friend that watched Japan Sinks. Not sure if he will enjoy this one or not be able to stand it. I'm looking at it like I'll be more annoyed that a "so bad it's good" situation :/

Status
Not open for further replies.