• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm rewatching JoJo Part 4 and it's just

Yoshikage Kira: I am a perfect killer and never leave traces of my existence. For 15 years I have remained undetected.

Kira his entire first spotlight episode:

tenor.gif

I love Kira because like most real life serial killers he has a hugely overinflated sense of self-importance.

Like, read about how Ed Kemper used to hang out at a cop bar, sometimes with a woman in the trunk of his car out back. He thought he was this perfect elusive killer and every cop would hunt him down, and when the cops were told Kemper was the likely culprit, they were like "oh that nerd?"

The moral of the story is that serial killers get away with it not because of their own talent, but because cops are dumb

lemonade

May 8, 2018
I have been getting more and more confused with Re: Zero. No idea what the characters are doing or talking about.

Especially don't like the abundant of scenes where they talk about vague feelings that end up feel like nothing of substance.

At least in Season 1, there was a focus in the plot. S2 has just been 5 plot lines all going at the same time and feels very disorganized.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Re: Zero S2 14
What an absolute comeback of an episode. Otto the MVP, but that swerve in the middle and now how the episode ended? Next week no one will have a dry eye. God I'm glad this show is back.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Alright, 1 minute in and I already hate Funimation's garbage player.

Why is there a ugly watermark on the top right? Like that is gonna solve piracy. Shit fucking sucks.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
you never saw crunchyrolls watermark in videos or just used to it?

I am using web browser and I don't see watermark in Crunchyroll videos.
Now that you mention it, I do remember Crunchyroll watermark in the past. But even then, I think they disappear after a couple minutes?

However, the funimation watermark is bright and never disappears. I have to worry about OLED burn-in too which sucks even more.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Promised Neverland S2 E1

The pacing was very fast. But a good setup and interested to see where it goes. I was worried the show might suffer the same issues as "Prison Break" where it gets a lot less interesting after season 1.

Also was the OP sound mixing very weird? The ED sounded much better.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Promised Neverland S2 1
Good start and the absolute right finish for the episode. Perfect reveals for these demons. Surprised they cut most of the first three chapters of the arc out right off the bat, but ended up streamlining things a bit like the reveal of the Morse Code and where they were actually going. Also dropped most of two chapters that were only nodded to with Ray's plan of a trap. It mostly just drops just how dangerous and different the world is, but gave us the inclusion of the Minerva's Adventure book.

That said, I might try and keep pace with what is cut from the manga and whether dropping it adds anything of value. I'm expecting the back half of this forest arc to see some minor cuts as well to help keep things moving.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I am using web browser and I don't see watermark in Crunchyroll videos.
Now that you mention it, I do remember Crunchyroll watermark in the past. But even then, I think they disappear after a couple minutes?

However, the funimation watermark is bright and never disappears. I have to worry about OLED burn-in too which sucks even more.
I've never seen a watermark on funimation stuff o.O

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
What device are you using? Does it support manually choosing resolution?

On web browser, watching Promised Neverland gives me the bright AF watermark at the top right.
I watch on my roku app usually but let me log in on browser and load up the video

yeah... seems to be there on browser
91vK9Rs.jpg

it's possible I just never noticed it on roku, but I feel like I would have noticed that.
I can't check that right now because my TV is in use.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Funimation sucks ass.

You just have to tolerate it if you wanna watch exclusive stuff. No other valid option.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I think Hulu has a lot of Funimation content so that might be a better alternative. I gave up using Funi because their app randomly craps out when watching Japanese dubs with English subtitles. Happens on the browser and especially on Apple TV. Its such a garbage service.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Just tried the Funimation app on PS5 and Nvidia Shield:
  • Only has "high, medium, low" video quality settings. I can already smell the 720p horseshit.
  • Subtitle has the ugly black boxed background. No way to change it in the app as far as I know.
Why the fuck is the service so trash? Legit considering cancelling free trial and just wait until the show comes out on Crunchyroll or Blu-ray.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
10th.madoka-magica.com

魔法少女まどか☆マギカ 10周年記念サイト

今もなお広がり続ける「まどか☆マギカ」の世界、2021年1月、10周年プロジェクト始動——。

Can't read any of this obviously, but are we FINALLY going to get the sequel?
No confirmation. Shinbo('s puppeted corpse) think it would be great if they started "moving" again for the 10th anniversary.

Maybe we'll get something for the 15th anniversary. 😂

Urobuchi's message on the site doesn't hint at him wanting to continue the series but he reflects fondly on writing the show.
so what do people think of Eureka Seven? worth a watch?
Overall worth a watch but it's very inconsistent in both animation and writing. Also Eureka's kids and Renton can be insufferable, actually pretty much all of the characters are annoying at one point or another.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Re:Zero 2:2 ep 01

Verrrry slow start to the next season part. Some stuff gets explained, and then more Subaru planning some big elaborate plan that we don't know about (after failing/dying a ton, last cour). I wonder what him and Puck talked about? It was all so sudden, and lots we don't know yet.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Just finishing up some stuff from last season before jumping into the new one. Sleepy Princess was a comfortable watch, that landed pretty well every episode. I thought the main joke would run it's course pretty quickly, but they kept it fresh. Would watch another season.

Akudama Drive was solid work and hit it's story beats well, but much like Decadence it felt like a show that would have benefited from more episodes to really flesh out the characters, the concepts, etc. Given the way both ended, there's little room for continuation, so it kind of leaves you with the feeling of wasted potential, albeit Akudama stuck it's landing quite a bit better.

I'd rate it as highly as pretty much any other show that's come out in the last 2 decades, and certainly a top tier mecha anime.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Just tried the Funimation app on PS5 and Nvidia Shield:
  • Only has "high, medium, low" video quality settings. I can already smell the 720p horseshit.
  • Subtitle has the ugly black boxed background. No way to change it in the app as far as I know.
Why the fuck is the service so trash? Legit considering cancelling free trial and just wait until the show comes out on Crunchyroll or Blu-ray.
Took me ages to figure this out but it uses the ps4's built in subtitling for accessibility. Check the accessibility app and there should be settings you can play around with. It'll still be a bit ugly though.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
I'm morbidly curious, has an anime for a Vtuber happened yet?
not yet in the traditional sense, wouldn't be surprised if something isn't being at least planned though
Hololive put out absurdist shorts on their official channel labelled "anime" that use their Vtubers 3D models in short skits. very cheap looking and unfunny.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
not yet in the traditional sense, wouldn't be surprised if something isn't being at least planned though
Hololive put out absurdist shorts on their official channel labelled "anime" that use their Vtubers 3D models in short skits. very cheap looking and unfunny.
Wasn't there this thing?
myanimelist.net

Virtual-san wa Miteiru

Virtual-san wa Miteiru is an anime that brings Virtual YouTubers to life. The term Virtual YouTuber, or VTuber, refers to a YouTuber who shows themselves as an animated character, hiding their true appearance but still bringing joy to viewers. VTubers featured in Virtual-san wa Miteiru include...

I'm not sure if that's the one you mentioned since I have no clue about Vtubers.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there this thing?
myanimelist.net

Virtual-san wa Miteiru

Virtual-san wa Miteiru is an anime that brings Virtual YouTubers to life. The term Virtual YouTuber, or VTuber, refers to a YouTuber who shows themselves as an animated character, hiding their true appearance but still bringing joy to viewers. VTubers featured in Virtual-san wa Miteiru include...

damn you're right, forgot about that. it was terrible too lol.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i don't know if you can just straight transfer vtubers into anime in the same way you can't necessarily straight transfer idols into anime - probably needs a very tight production pipeline as well as some kind of way to bridge 'internet popularity' and safe-for-TV/marketable personalities.

not sure if you could work off existing vtubers... could probably do an original work based on vtubers though (I bet that "My Dad Is A Vtuber" manga is probably being eyed up already)

Oct 25, 2017
eureka seven is a little dull and long and also has one of the most annoying characters in mecha, that character ruins every scene she is in and truly the anime as a whole, also its premise halfway through is flawed and insensible.

only reason to watch E7 is to make it to watching E7Ao which is one of the best mecha anime and that is the Truth.

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
eureka seven is a little dull and long and also has one of the most annoying characters in mecha, that character ruins every scene she is in and truly thr anime as a whole also its premise halfway throught is flawed and insensible.

only reason to watch E7 is to make it to watching E7Ao which is one of the best mecha anime and that is the Truth.
7BRA.gif

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
eureka seven is a little dull and long and also has one of the most annoying characters in mecha, that character ruins every scene she is in and truly the anime as a whole, also its premise halfway through is flawed and insensible.

bless

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Took me ages to figure this out but it uses the ps4's built in subtitling for accessibility. Check the accessibility app and there should be settings you can play around with. It'll still be a bit ugly though.

lol. That is not intuitive at all. I will give it a try.

are tv broadcast anime actually made at higher than 720p?

what if you watched something they released a blu ray for does it change?

Well, since Funimation offers 1080p on their browser. If you get served 720p under the "High" option, you know the bitrate is gonna be utter shit.
My gripe is with them not giving the clear choice of resolution instead going for the ambiguous "High". It's the same as "best available" on Hulu or Amazon Prime. You will likely still get lower bitrate despite gigabit connection.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
I'm morbidly curious, has an anime for a Vtuber happened yet?
Technically it did happen, although they are more of an "idol group " than hololive, but they had their Vtuber debut in like 2018, i am talking about 22/7, maybe you would be familiar with Sally Amaki as she was the most popular, this group had a recent anime some seasons ago

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
yurucamp s2 1

sometimes you don't realize how much you miss a show until it has come back. curry noodles as this symbol of care to Rin was p good too

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Yuru Camp Season 2, Episode 1:

After the events of yesterday I have found this to indeed be the healing anime; flesh fangs are still an
abomination in the eyes of gods and man.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
Yuru Camp S2 01

I don't think all that subterfuge with Rin's dad's friend was really necessary. A minor wouldn't reasonably expect her parents to let her build her first campfire unsupervised, right?

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Gou ep.14

So Rika is suicidal now, kind of weird considering she was very scared of dying for real in Matsuri, guess the impending doom of looping forever probably changed her mind.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I love getting in new anime in the mail that I'll actually watch in about six months when I have free time.
OXo56aD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.