• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
ID: Invaded 9

This is getting so good, why doesn't anyone watch it ;_;
It's a shame it doesn't get much attention here, but there seems to be a decent amount of discussion for it outside of these forums.
I think it's one of the better shows of the season, but the beginning is a bit weird and it takes a while to build up its characters.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Eizouken 8
Damn, a series that really gets to the fantasy of having parents that love and accept your chosen artform

J/k but I cried anyway

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Dorohedoro 01-03

This is absolutely wild and charming. Terrific background work and very interesting characters.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
www.animenewsnetwork.com

Netflix Partners With CLAMP & Kindaichi, Gundam Thunderbolt, Goth, Mardock Scramble, Thermae Romae Creators for New Anime

CLAMP, Shin Kibayashi, Yasuo Ohtagaki, Otsuichi, Tow Ubukata, Mari Yamazaki to expand anime lineup

The streaming service Netflix announced on Tuesday that it is forming partnerships with six Japanese creators to expand its anime lineup. The streaming service is partnering with the manga creator group CLAMP (X, Cardcaptor Sakura), manga creator Shin Kibayashi (The File of Young Kindaichi, The Drops of God), manga creator Yasuo Ohtagaki (Moonlight Mile, Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt), novelist and film director Otsuichi (Stare film, Goth, Calling You, Zoo), novelist Tow Ubukata (Le Chevalier D'Eon, Mardock Scramble, Psycho-Pass 2, Psycho-Pass 3), and manga creator Mari Yamazaki (Thermae Romae, Olympia Kyklos). The partnerships will develop and produce original Japanese anime projects to stream in 190 countries and territories worldwide.

I wonder if the new clamp series will have a proper ending.

I liked both Tsubasa Chronciles and XXXholic but neither got a very satisfying ending from what I recall.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Tow Ubukata is one of those names I never want to see attached to anything I even remotely care about. Generally really dislike Shin Kibayashi too.

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
ID: Invaded 9

This is getting so good, why doesn't anyone watch it ;_;
Of the billions of shows I'm following this season, this is the only one I'm always immediately caught up on. It's a bit messy and dry, but I feel like it really benefits from having a quirky author with what feels like a specific vision as its writer. Newest episode was fantastic.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
How is the Orange anime? I prefer watching Anime than reading Manga, but the Manga seems to have better reviews.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Fruits Basket 16-20 (2019, re-watch)
This back end of the season still feels a little weird as they quickly try and introduce every Zodiac plus tell Hanajima's story. It's fine and we get some standout episodes but it still feels a little awkward. Not much they can do about that, though, since they committed to an entire adaptation. That means squeezing a lot into this first season to let the second one have some breathing room (though, I'm still not sure at what point they'll finish season 2).

Beach arc definitely seems to take up the first half of season 2, or maybe even just a couple of episodes.

Homeward stretch to the season finale. Get those tissues ready again.

How is the Orange anime? I prefer watching Anime than reading Manga, but the Manga seems to have better reviews.
I loved it. One of my favourites from last decade.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Budoukan - 07

Like a majestic .... like a rabid wolverine Eri is back to her healthy self and can finally indulge in her favorite past time, breaking her ass to boost Maina. It seems pretty easy to get as many part time jobs as you want in Japan, which is great for thirsty wotas and hey, Eri didn't die this time. Instead she gets transported to the Okami dimension? She seems to know how to handle it fine i guess. Meanwhile, back on "Lolis aren't necessary" Lolis are necessary as Aya finds out drawing cleavage doesnt bring all the boys to the yard. The parading of winners and losers at yet another ranking announcement ceremony is pretty brutal and gross. Aya just cant catch a break. At least Eri has a moment with Maina that reinforces their relationship (whatever that is).

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
www.animenewsnetwork.com

Netflix Partners With CLAMP & Kindaichi, Gundam Thunderbolt, Goth, Mardock Scramble, Thermae Romae Creators for New Anime

CLAMP, Shin Kibayashi, Yasuo Ohtagaki, Otsuichi, Tow Ubukata, Mari Yamazaki to expand anime lineup

I wonder if the new clamp series will have a proper ending.

I liked both Tsubasa Chronciles and XXXholic but neither got a very satisfying ending from what I recall.

They both got sequels. I think Tsubasa's ended (was only a few volumes long) but xxxHoLIC's is on hiatus... like half of their series.... I used to be a HUGE CLAMP fan, but they've done some annoying choices in the past 10 years. I think a lot of their current series are STILL on hiatus :/ Drug and Drop.... Gate 7... but let's bring back CCS!

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Oh hell yes, God of Highschool is my guilty pleasure. The plot aint great, but it's one big dumb action-fest, and that's okay with me.

Tower of God getting an anime is cool too. I won't even care if they don't get past the first few arcs because I completely lost interest in it after a while. Too many characters I don't care about, too much focus on power levels.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I really love how they captured the feel of early ToG artwork while improving it. This is my most anticipated anime of this year.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I AM SO EXCITED FOR TOWER OF GOD

Edit: THE BOYS
ERpHFQQWAAUfjCX

Last edited:

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Congrats to Crunchyroll on the slate of original announcements. They all look really interesting especially The God of High School give me a tournament arc series.

I remember a couple of years ago they announced High Guardian Spice and the response was less than positive.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Congrats to Crunchyroll on the slate of original announcements. They all look really interesting especially The God of High School give me a tournament arc series.

I remember a couple of years ago they announced High Guardian Spice and the response was less than positive.
TBF, the reason High Guardian Spice got a tepid response is because anime chuds wanted to circlejerk the whole 'EsJayDubews are ruining anime' angle.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Crunchyroll going to be doing all the Korean web stuff huh?

Also some western stuff. Getting flashbacks to Tokyo Pop's original content lol.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm watching Pet too. Maybe it isn't as good as Eizokuen and Dorohedoro, but those two are possibly best of the year material, Pet is damn interesting thriller and has more direction flair than it seemed at first.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
oh hey i can understand an episode of takagi-san like 70% with jpn subs. that's good

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
nishikata speaks too fucking fast tho, slow the hell down boi

real talk though i'm pretty happy with my progress. thanks djinn!

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
nishikata speaks too fucking fast tho, slow the hell down boi

real talk though i'm pretty happy with my progress. thanks djinn!
When I was studying in Taipei, I would buy Naruto manga to try and translate. I still wish I kept those volumes to see how far my reading and comprehension skills have gotten. My early days of study were hilarious 🤣
"With both hands I'll use my power!"

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
When I was studying in Taipei, I would buy Naruto manga to try and translate. I still wish I kept those volumes to see how far my reading and comprehension skills have gotten. My early days of study were hilarious 🤣
"With both hands I'll use my power!"

i feel like there's an 'extract meaning' stage of translation into your native tongue and from there an additional 'make it sound good to other people who speak your native tongue' stage and i mostly don't bother with that last one lmao

getting the understanding is more than good enough most of the time

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Chihayafuru 20:
NLDtKbt.png

Indeed. Our Shonen protagonist appeared to challenge the big bad and hopefully put him in his place in one years time. Gotta love the contrast with Taichi just hoping he retires so he dosen't have to play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.