• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Haikyu is everywhere lately. Is it worth my time if I don't really like sports anime? Are episodes sometimes whole volleyball matches?

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im gonna give Haikyuu a go, never watched it before and not really a fan of sports anime but I hear so much praise im going to atleast give it a shot!

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I hate you. Please watch it. It's phenomenal. Would give a lot to experience everything again. Rewatching certain scenes still give me goosebumps lol
Ok I'm going to listen to you because you're a Persona fan. Will watch the first season of Haikyu after I finish Bakemonogatari. I need something more easy to digest. 😂

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Haikyu is everywhere lately. Is it worth my time if I don't really like sports anime? Are episodes sometimes whole volleyball matches?
Seasons are sometimes whole volleyball matches.

Give it a try sure but it's sports anime through and through, it's almost exclusively focused on that aspect.

CrimsonN0

Oct 25, 2017
So far, have only watched the two VRMMO series, though, having read the LNs, nothing too surprising.
My favorite parts of Bofuri were definitely her beginning, pre-super armor stuff, so I liked the first episode.
Maybe, being animated, the rest will hold my interest more.
Infinite Dendogram is a series I like, but somehow, it seems the anime made things seem more "generic", also kind of a weird washed-out coloring.
Also, if you were wondering, against all odds, the MC of Infinite Dendogram isn't an overpowered, harem protagonist.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Most people that enjoy Haikyu didn't get in because they liked volleyball lol

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
I was hesitant on Haikyu cuz I didn't want to watch another sports show where the characters have super powers (Kuroko). Thankfully my Ex saw Oikawa art, thought he was hot, and forced me to watch with her.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Now I'm not so sure anymore.

No that poster is wrong. Of course it's Volleyball, but nobody loves this series because of that aspect. It's the characters and their great development, great sakuga scenes and soundtrack. Volleyball is just the carrier for everything else. I mean I could look up all the past posts of other people here and on Reddit that were glad that they were pushed to watch this series. It shouldn't surprise you seeing it everywhere because it is that great :p

I mostly enjoy Chihayafuru and even to this day I find that Karuta is the most boring trash one could base an anime on.
Interest on the theme and liking the anime itself can be very different things, indeed.

Exactly this (I also watch Chihaya but find Karuta itself boring to watch)

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
God damn I just finished the second season of my teen romantic comedy and the cliffhanger at the end... I was going to spoil myself but apparently there's a new season coming out this year which is 5 years after the season 2 finished, sucks for everyone who had to wait this long. Went in expecting nothing and ended up with a 10/10 anime cant wait for the new season although I probably have to wait longer for it to get dubbed, anyways if anyone is looking for something to watch try this one if you haven't already

A7A3F0AC9871EA4A592EFF8265766C74FBAE240E
on the plus side the dubbing should happen faster than it happened for the first and second season.

on the minus side that doesn't mean it will happen within a year of the season airing >.>

Oct 25, 2017
Everywhere? i mean the newest season after like 3 or so years is coming today so msybr its just debut hype youre seeing?

Id always suggest haikyu but there are people who watch at 1.5 to 2x speed or skim through the volleyball moments as the characters are really well done and what most people like while some dont care for the sport.

Among non superpower sports shows its one of the best...at least 3 seasons through imo.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Everywhere? i mean the newest season after like 3 or so years is coming today so msybr its just debut hype youre seeing?

Id always suggest haikyu but there are people who watch at 1.5 to 2x speed or skim through the volleyball moments as the characters are really well done and what most people like while some dont care for the sport.

Among non superpower sports shows its one of the best...at least 3 seasons through imo.
For me everywhere is Era. 2 seasons are also in the top 25, so I was curious.
What's msybr?

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Crunchyroll Anime Awards are open .....proceeds to vote Sarazanmai for everything. Best couple has to be the most difficult choice In this whole list, fuckkkk, Reo and Mabu lets gooooo. I hope Sarazanmai gets best ED as it rightfully deserves from that list, maybe direction and JP VA.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
It's a great ED, but Chika's going to win that one because memes.

Yeah and that's depressing. The Sarazanmai ending is gorgeous but the moment the show reveals something that ties the lyrics to what is on screen in the ED as the show progresses? Now that elevates it above the rest of these. (Legend of the Galactic Heroes would be a close second one in this regard)

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya being snubbed for the best anime and the character being snubbed for best girl vote displeases me. She is a really good Romcom main character. Only Carole and Emma from the list seem characters that people for the personality and not because they are cute.
Most people that enjoy Haikyu didn't get in because they liked volleyball lol
It is funny because I watch it because I love volleyball, it is basically the second national sport of my country after football

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i know voting awards are supposed to be semi limited but the crunchy one is pretty much if you didn't like these 5 series at all you're pretty buggered for choice

Oct 25, 2017
Please vote Raphtalia for best girl and EN Naofumi for best voice, surprised Shield Hero got so robbed in the awards. Tragic for Naofumi gets mistreated in both the anime and in the real. *tear*.

Chose
Best Protagonist - Tohru (FB)
Best Antagonist - Isabella

Best Boy - Kanata (Astra)
Best Girl - Raphtalia (SH)
Best Director - Shingeki
Best Animation - Shingeki

Best Character Design - Sarazanmai
Best Score - Sawano (Shingeki)
Best Fight Scene - Shingeki

Best JP Performance - Bucciarati (JJBA)
Best En Performance - Master Naofumi (SH)

Best Comedy - Pass
Best Fantasy - Sarazanmai
Best Drama - Stars Align

Best OP - UVERworld Forever [would have been FF OP 2] ... also why no one told me Survive Said The Prophet is in Vinland Saga, would so have watched that anime

Best ED - Sarazanmai

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Carole & Tuesday - END

The more I think about this show, the more I fucking hate it. Bloated, messy, inconsistent, incoherent. A show that thinks you can end xenophobia with a song, a show where a racist presidential candidate *wasn't actually racist*, she was just trying to be elected, it was all the one man behind the curtain whose entire master plan is instantly thrown away the second she decides to drop out of the race. A show where a black man gets arrested for no reason (true to life) and happily watches the Racism Is Over live performance from incarceration with his correctional officer buddies on smart phones which look exactly like the ones we have today. A show with zero imagination for the speculative future it portrays, where Mars is more or less portrayed exactly like the Earth of today for no added benefit (why was this show on Mars???? what did it add?????), where people literally just use 2019-era Instagram. The AI music concept is super undercooked, all the stuff with Angela's mom is really shallow, the mechanics of fame here make no sense (so the main character is the daughter of a notorious presidential candidate AND a music show winner but is hounded by one (1) member of the press and is able to work a food truck job with little to no trouble? So the diva character has just one stalker? No paparazzi in this fake-Earth? etc.). Terribly paced out storylines too (it's really easy to forget all the presidential race stuff is even happening during much of the first half of the show).

It's really hard to believe this thing came from the mind of someone who has delivered so many wonderful and vividly portrayed series in the past.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Oh snap...Hulu has stuff from this season. When I checked a couple of days ago, they had nothing.

Hulu is now showing-

ID: INVADED
Sorcerous Stabber Orphen
BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Plunderer
Infinite Dendrogram
Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
Smile Down the Runway

Last edited:

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are some recommendations for the new season? I had waaaaaaaaaay too many shows on the docket last season and got burnt out. I've managed to catch up and finish most, and my only ongoing now is MHA. Haikyuu is obviously a must and I'm pumped, and I'll binge Chihiya when it's all done. Past that, I haven't really looked into what's up this season. I'm down for anything, though I feel like I need a good SOL/romance.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
We're just getting three episodes at once of Science falls in love, huh.
Anyway, as a fan of the manga, I think this show looks nice but the direction is a touch sluggish and the music is terrible.
I'm still enjoying it but not as much as I had hoped.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I... I... just finished watching Neon Genesis Evangelion.

My brain is absolutely broken after watching the last two episodes. It feels like in need to contemplate life for the next couple of weeks. I'm honestly a bit shook by experiencing that so I'm currently not capable to write a proper writeup about my thoughts about the show. Except that it was absolutely brilliant and genius. I've never seen anything quite like this.

I'll probably rewatch this show many times in the future. But what could be something I should watch next? Initially I was thinking to watch One Punch Man after this because it's on Netflix also. But I don't think I can go back to watching a show about dudes punching each other after watching this masterpiece...

Status
Not open for further replies.