• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
One Punch Man Specials 1-6. Ok, these were fun original material. I'm caught up with the manga and haven't started S2 yet, but I will at some point... besides everyone talking about the animation going downhill, I also wasn't a fan of that arc in the manga either, so I know what to expect. The manga kind of seems to be winding down too, so I can see only one more season coming out of it (with some OVAs/specials).

Ezra

Nov 14, 2017
Sports: Run With the Wind, Chihayafuru
Weird but deeply interesting: Sarazanmai
Deeply interesting: Babylon
BL (done right): Given
Comedy/Romcom: Kaguya Sama: Love is War
Shonen: Fire Force, Demon Slayer
Seinen: Vinland Saga

I'll think of something else but these are my initial thoughts.
Thank you so much! I think I'm going to start with Sarazanmai today.

I love how grumpy he is!

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this is a hot take or not, but I wish My Hero Academia had a production at the same quality level as Fire Force.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Can you blame him? If I was Shinji I would have bounced on the first day, f that.
106133.jpg

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
BanG Dream! S3 01

TOURNAMENT ARC!

The game has only done minor stuff with the bands facing off so having an actual competition between all of the bands should be a lot of fun. Having the finals at the Budokan is a pretty nice touch too.

Also good on Hidive for having subs for the insert songs, I hope they keep it up.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Steins;Gate

That was a wild ride. It started out weird and complicated, but once it gets going, you understand what's happening even as they keep introducing more complex ideas. The ending was perfect.

Now to move on to the rest of them.

Without spoilers, what's up with 23B, the OVA, and the movie? When I look up watch order lists, the most popular order for new people is S;G -> 23B -> S;G0. I see people saying that the OVA and movie are canon to the anime, but not the source material. Does that hold true when taking into account the S;G0 anime? I've also seen people say the OVA and movie weren't good.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Chihayafuru S3 13

Well this episode was just a mess. Seeing Suo and Chihaya I yelled at my screen to please not make this shit weird and they just did it.

This whole Arata becomes his grandfather after a sentence from Chihaya is just weak shit. But alas Arata is a Gary Stu at this point when it comes to bouncing back in Karuta.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
It's been a long, long while but I think the OVA is just a sort of smallish epilogue that expands on a certain relationship. Should be harmless but it may be perhaps bit "wishfulfillmenty" for some IIRC. Can't speak for the rest of the series.

Huh, this actually reminds me that I haven't actually watched the movie at all.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Vinny + Alex AI The Somnium Files endurence run when

/Edit this is the wrong thread but I'm leaving this here as evidence of my Shane

/Edit shame

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that's how I took it lol.

Interestingly enough, I didn't feel like the show was particularly homoerotic for a larger part of its run, the final episodes largely changed how you can look at the relationship's development.

But also rewatching it, I feel like writer planned the evolution of their two leads' story from the very first day..

ELrRoeA.jpg

Though I now wonder if Haiji is lying here given how he sees Kakeru when he runs, ah.

Yeah it definitely felt like that. Seeing how their relationship evolves throughout the show, it honestly felt like it could have gone either way. I was actually bummed there wasn't some 1 on 1 convo between them during the time skip.

Side note, I really thought Hana was going to be into Musa, considering how he reacted during the reunion.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun 8

NKOPO1T.png

I haven't laughed so hard in so long. One of the funniest episodes in a while. The timing of the gags were on point and that musical number out of nowhere was just *chefs kiss*. The best part of this episode as usual was Clara's VA. Simply amazing.

Clara's crush on Iruma is really sweet and innocent. She's weird as hell but she deserves to be happy. I think if this series took shipping seriously, I'd enjoy the hilarity if she was paired with either Asmodeus or Sabro as their dynamic is really fun to watch.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Chihayafuru S3 13
I really want Harada to win. Much as I love Arata, Harada is the fiercer player.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Weathering With You isn't playing in any theaters in Philly from the 17th onward ~_~ damn I'm gonna have to go to Jersey if I want to watch this. Your Name was in Philly theaters for a while after it came out so I was expecting the same.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
This whole Arata becomes his grandfather after a sentence from Chihaya is just weak shit. But alas Arata is a Gary Stu at this point when it comes to bouncing back in Karuta.
Eh, I think this is one of the more interesting Arata matches since he is actually using a strategy to actually try and win (psyching Harada out) instead of just Arata'ing it.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Tada Never Falls in Love 1-3

So I bought this show on a whim since it was part of Sentai's winter sale, and after enjoying the first two episodes I absolutely knew I could say I love the shit out of this show just one line into the third episode. Casting Jovan Jackson as the cat made my fucking day.

Deleted member 23908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know I'm late to the party but I just started watching my teen romantic comedy expecting it to be like what the name implies but it seems like it's actually the complete opposite... I love this show!

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Bang Dream S3 1

Mostly just setting up a big tournament. Haven't had a battle of the bands in this series yet, so I'm exciting. Looks like PoPiPa, Roselia, and RAS will once again be taking the spotlight. Afterglow and HHW deserve better. Ah well. I'm just hoping that RAS gets most of the focus. They need it, especially since this will be their full formation. Not sure if it's sad or hilarious how petty CHU2 is to basically force PoPiPa and Roselia into the competition just because she felt slighted by them. Fun start so far with an actual plot unlike season 2.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Not anime per se, but I finally got around to rewatching Sym Bionic Titan on Netflix and now I'm sad that it ended after a short 20 episode run.
Vinny + Alex AI The Somnium Files endurence run when

/Edit this is the wrong thread but I'm leaving this here as evidence of my Shane

/Edit shame
No shame at all. It's like the most anime video game of last year.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Kids on the Slope 1

Well this is quite well paced. Look forward to see this jazz! Also I am in for all this queer-bating

Deleted member 32679

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Watched the beginning of a show called Overflow and low and behold it's a straight up hentai. First recommended anime I've seen after Demon Slayer and it's that.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Cautious Hero END

Finishing up stuff from last season. This was a good anime face reaction show, so it lived up to what I was watching it for initially. Pretty good humor along the way as well. The relative grimdark drama swerve at the end was rather unnecessary, but the ultimate twist as far as them having to go back to the original world is a pretty good stinger for what presumably is another season.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Chihayafuru S3 13

Well this episode was just a mess. Seeing Suo and Chihaya I yelled at my screen to please not make this shit weird and they just did it.

Fuck Chihaya for trying to help Arata. I hope Harada wins. Suo and Chihaya were funny though

Oct 27, 2017
Run with the Wind | 12 - 14

The inevitable summer training camp arc finally arrives. Aside from a change of scenery, we get to see more of the rivalry between Kansei and the Tokyo Sports Uni team. As a result, we get to learn more about Kakeru's bad experience with his high school track team and how the red haired dude started hating him. Really glad others managed to step in at "that" conflict.

Also: more training! Cross-country runs and full marathons were part of the summer training schedule. And it definitely paid off when we get to see others receiving their official records. Shout out to Prince - he started as someone who's struggling to run a few hundred meters from being able to achieve an official record.

Next up: the qualifiers. Curious to see how everyone will do there.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Currently up to episode 14 with Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I'm very much enjoying it so far. But it's a bummer that it's turning into a 'monster of the week' style show. Especially since there is this lingering sense of mystery surround the show. With all the hints to something greater throughout the episodes, especially the earlier ones. Would love to see that explored more. I'm sure they'll get there. Also, a bit of a bummer that the show keeps on getting goofier. Even more so with the introduction of Asuka. It felt like the show started off feeling very serious. But now the Angels are just silly monsters that can be defeated while bickering and joking with each other.

Also, this show is very pervy lol. It's tolerable because of the strong female cast and that it's mostly used for laughs. But man, different times lol.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Run with the Wind | 15 - 16

The track team finally arrives at the qualifiers! Given that this is their only chance to join the actual marathon, they need to put all of their strength into the race to place in the top 10.

We've seen the team practicing hard for the last 14 episodes. They had a rough start but as they keep practicing, we can see them slowly improve as the show goes on, and all of it pays off here. As expected, they (barely) managed to place in the top 10 in the qualifiers! I felt so happy during the announcement scene to the point where I was (internally) screaming "You fucking did it!!" at that point.

With that being said, there's still the actual race left and they still got a long way to go to match the top universities in terms of skill.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Currently up to episode 14 with Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I'm very much enjoying it so far. But it's a bummer that it's turning into a 'monster of the week' style show. Especially since there is this lingering sense of mystery surround the show. Especially with all the hints to something greater throughout the episodes, especially the earlier ones. I'm sure they'll get there. Also, a bit of a bummer that the show keeps on getting goofier. Even more so with the introduction of Asuka. It felt like the show started off feeling very serious. But now the Angels are just silly monsters that can be defeated while bickering and joking with each other.

Also, this show is very pervy lol. It's tolerable because of the strong female cast and that it's mostly used for laughs. But man, different times lol.

Well I can atleast say that gears will be shifted back to serious soon enough. But yes the middle of the show does become a monster of the week deal.

Oct 27, 2017
Run with the Wind | 17 - 18

It's the calm before the storm. Race track scouting and some character development.

Next up is the main race. I'm hoping everyone can pull it off (especially Shindo, man that's an awful thing to get before you participate in a marathon)

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Without spoilers, what's up with 23B, the OVA, and the movie? When I look up watch order lists, the most popular order for new people is S;G -> 23B -> S;G0. I see people saying that the OVA and movie are canon to the anime, but not the source material. Does that hold true when taking into account the S;G0 anime? I've also seen people say the OVA and movie weren't good.

I haven't seen it, but the thing I read about 23B is basically an what-if from episode 23 which lead directly to 0.
The plot of Zero start months after Okabe return to the Beta line and Kirusu is dead, so you can guess 23B will be about the timeline where Okabe fails to save Kurisu.

The OVA happens after the original anime and the movie afterward. They are harmless fun, but only worth for the interactions between Okabe and Kurisu.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
It's been recommended to me for ages on my anime profile on Netflix, but I never paid any attention -- I finally actually read the description of Saiki K and it sounded appealing so I gave it a shot. Watched the first 4 episodes.. very good so far. This will suit me nicely in the next few months (looks like there are about 60 episodes) since the new broadcast stuff seems incredibly underwhelming.

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017

Shinsei Kamattechan is my favorite band of all time and this music video is really nice looking.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Bofuri: I don't want to get hurt, so I'll max out my defense 1
Cute girl who's a newbie at these VRMMO's is a nice little wrinkle to the genre for me. Maple seems like a fun protag so far.

DonnyHayabusa

Jan 22, 2019
Can someone recommend me some good shows? Need to forget my ex :(

Binged the devil is a part timer, run with the wind, Tanaka is listless the last week to get my mind off of her. So something light hearted and funny might be appreciated. Run with the wind had me crying :(

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
This guy I know at work said it was a great show about a brother and sister. Not that the sister is ultra thicc and wears a bikini to bathe with her brother.
...you wouldn't happen to live and work in the state of Alabama would you?

I can't even imagine recommending something like that to a co-worker, I had serious reservations about recommending fucking MHA to a co-worker...

Status
Not open for further replies.