• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
T9VerMZ.gif

Timcanpies

Sep 17, 2020
Yeah, I'm gonna need a few rewatches to be 100% sure of my opinion but 3.0 + 1.0 Thrice upon a time is probably just as much of as a masterpiece (in some ways more and some ways less, but add up to be equal) as The End Of Evangelion was. Genuinely amazing work and I seriously hope we don't get anymore Eva. 😂

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Satoko is irredeemable at this point, but they'll gonna pull the "it was a witch" excuse

I think the witch is the Satoko we're following. There's no external witch aside from Eua nudging her towards this path. What will probably happen by the end is that it will be shown things could have turned out differently, but I don't think this Satoko will get to close her eyes and just walk back to a normal life.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
If you want a fun drinking game with the new EVA movie take a shot for every ass shot. Youll be dead within the first hour.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Magia Record S2 E3

Great episode, almost everything in this was anime original too. Very powerful ED, thank you Shaft for the food.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Eva Rebuild 4

It was alright. Im pretty apathetic still to the rebuilds, this is the best one and the only one that i felt actually had a point to say. It gets lost at times in EVA jargon, its far too long and the action is mostly just nonsense(there is one scene that is admittly amazing) but at least it had some good character resolutions in the last half hour.

Well see ya in 4 or 5 years EVA when Khara deceide they want some extra change in their piggybank.
Lol in the final scenes with Anno basically saying goodbye to the series, he better not come back after this, i mean im not naieve enough to believe that EVA will never come back but if Anno works on it again that scene is squandered.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
If you want a fun drinking game with the new EVA movie take a shot for every ass shot. Youll be dead within the first hour.
sexualized content in an Evangelion product? Well I'd never...

---

Speaking of Eva, I was very disappointed to find 1.11 to have no English subs outside CC for hard of hearing, as well as both those and the Dutch subtitles being for the US dub and no subs being available for the Japanese dub as far as I can tell.

Not sure if that changes for the other movies, but fearing the worst.

Last edited:

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Iruma Latest

Man I miss Ali-san. He's such a fun character and Shinichiro Miki's delivery is always great.

Also, I'm expecting the entire next episode to be a musical.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Cast list for the dub is up. All new upon a glance
English Vocal Cast
Takuma NagareAndrew Love
Show KamuiScott Gibbs
Baku YamagishiJoe Daniels
Hayato JinJustin Doran
Professor ShikishimaGreg Ayres
Additional VoicesJeremy Gee
Rob Mungle
Adam Gibbs
Kyle Jones
Olivia Swasey
Ned Gayle
Mike Boike
Gabriel Regojo
John Swasey
Ian Fagen
Shannon Reed
Carli Mosier

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Magia Record S2 3

Trippy dream time, aka Rebellion 2.0. Thankfully Iroha does not have nearly the issues that Homura has. Iroha and Yachiyo finally being reunited is nice, though right now I'm most curious as to what role Kuroe plays in all this.

Tropical-Rouge Pretty Cure 24

Another week, another non-changed OP. I gotta agree with the student council this time. The Tropical Club probably deserved some punishment. The main takeaway from this episode is that Manatsu and Laura ruin everything. Also that quiz show needs to be sued for trying to give kids heat exhaustion.

Last edited:

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
This is the opposite of how I feel. 3D models can be useful for complexitys sake but its SO distracting here and the action felt nauseating to the point of giving me motion sickness. I get there were probably a lot of production issues the last few years but this pretty much needs a firm motion sickness and epilepsy warning. It really feels like it makes End of Eva worse by existing.

In before someone tells me all the crotch shots were actually symbolism and I should be ashamed of my words and deeds.

CG was on par with previous films so i am used to it at this point, i don't expect actual great action animation here.
although what was different was how DENSE it was with CG objects in a lot of shots, which made it stands out more.
But it looked as intended, not as some victim of production issues itself, as the camera work and flickering is not new.

Its disappointing when a director shows they haven't matured passed this. I don't think it adds anything and only serves to take you out of it by reminding you that its a product and not just a story they want to tell.
100% of media are basically products, they can also tell a personal story, not mutually exclusive, this even applies to original eva, it's a show about robots that can be sold as merch after all. so it's a "product" from day 1, doesn't stop it from also being a show that explores the human element.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
100% of media are basically products, they can also tell a personal story, not mutually exclusive, this even applies to original eva, it's a show about robots that can be sold as merch after all. so it's a "product" from day 1, doesn't stop it from also being a show that explores the human element.

My point is when you're engrossed in a good story you're not likely thinking about the production and its intent (or at least id rather not be reminded of it). Repetitive ass shots take me out of it and make me wonder what it must be like during the concept phase with the writers and director deciding that was a good idea. Anime can often be 4th wall breaking in that way.

The 3D isn't new yes, but I already was not a fan of how the rebuild movies looked and this one dials it up to 11 with spinning cameras and hundreds of models speeding around. It really did make me feel ill. Just incomprehensible and nauseating action while a girl in a plug suit makes cat noises? The original show had problems too but that was also almost 3 decades ago.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
Hathaway's Flash
being a UC newbie and by that i've only seen unicorn , 08th MS Team and thunderbolt and a slight bit of Turn A, i'd be lying if a lot of what was going on went over my head but didn't take away too much from how great this movie was done, some of the scenes made me legit tense and i forgot how terrifying just two mobile suits going at it can be to bystanders ,Gundam has always been good at the depiction of war being awful but something about this movie just felt a bit more real and raw without being too brutal.
origins has been on the plan to watch so i got some time to at least watch that and maybe counterattck by the time part 2 comes out lol i dont have it in me to watch all of UC.

Jahy 3
feel like this gag has already ran it's course for me already lol hopefully the other characters mix up the flow more

Magia Record S2 3

didn't think she'd be back so soon ,at least those two are together again but angsty yachi-chan was cool

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
My point is when you're engrossed in a good story you're not likely thinking about the production and its intent (or at least id rather not be reminded of it). Repetitive ass shots take me out of it and make me wonder what it must be like during the concept phase with the writers and director deciding that was a good idea. Anime can often be 4th wall breaking in that way.

The 3D isn't new yes, but I already was not a fan of how the rebuild movies looked and this one dials it up to 11 with spinning cameras and hundreds of models speeding around. It really did make me feel ill. Just incomprehensible and nauseating action while a girl in a plug suit makes cat noises? The original show had problems too but that was also almost 3 decades ago.
I am already reminded of the "product" element by the Mecha action anyway and how some of them take too long even without context or proper connection to story in some cases, it's a mainstream action movie that get shows on big screens in cinema after all and needs those flashy scenes, those "fanservice" shots is just another element on top of it, and it's part of the franchise for better or worse -mostly the later-, the original show and even the new movies always promise "fanservice" shots in the previews at the end, it kinda feels obligatory and tacky -some shots even included in a jokey manner? can't explain it, they feels so out of place it's almost intentional-, but it's part of the franchise whether we liked it or not. i am not gonna excuse the original show because of it's age either , plenty of shows at it's time did fine without this crap.

I can sympathies with feeling sick of camera movement tho, although for me it felt the worst in the third movie where it started to crack this to 11 and the camera just MOVES everywhere, to the point that i stop paying attention to it's action scenes altogether.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Well finally started actually watching Shin Getter Robo Armageddon all the way through for the first time, having a blast, about half way through. So happy I didn't have the Gen-Kei twist spoiled before hand, did not see that coming considering Satome had 3 kids in the manga… one of which he kills himself. Plus the whole psyche split/she was raised as a boy to protect her thing

And while SRW spoiled me, I'm surprised how I'm this far in and they're still holding Black Getter as a surprise, tho there are a few teases of that to come

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Evangelion 3.0+1.0: The End of Evangelion.

10/10

I Will put my thoughts in order tomorrow but to make it short, this movie manages to take the feelings of 26/27 and finally give it a plot structure, answering the "what comes now after the claps?". It also manages to take the imagery and themes of EoE and adapt them to an earned new direction. I think this is what Eva always wanted to say, I'm just glad we got to see the path to get here.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
End of Evangelion (4 reals this time!)

I'll just put a bunch of stuff that I thought about thru the movie here... I def think they made it a more digestible ending and easier to understand for people for years going "wtf was all that?!"

-I loved seeing the train town with daddy/doctor Touji and Kensuke!
-We still got a depressed Shinji, but "Rei" offsets it, with learning about the world, small joys, and life itself
-So I totally forgot Kaworu died the last movie :p
-Easter egg: the book the girl at the library gave "Rei" is the manga character that Anno's wife wrote (found on CR manga which is how I recognized it)
-Oh I love the rock hopper colony too :p
-I wish we saw more of those Wanderer headless Evas...
-So Misato and Kaji had a kid, huh?
-The more I see the story and themes of new life with the babies, and "Repeat" in the movie's title, it makes sense, since they are also sort of redoing End of Eva, in a sense
-...I was starting to really like the new Rei clone too :( but, I guess that's the fate of a clone
-I also forgot that technically non of the pilots were the original, which was mentioned briefly in the 3rd movie. I still sort of wonder if they are referring to the original series as their original selves?
-Movie did a good job in thoroughly explaining Instrumentality and Gendo's motives better in this, so I hope we will get less confused people
-Shinji versus Gendo was great to see, especially with all that 4th wall breaking (oh look, Playstation controllers!)
-Lilith Rei looks creepier as a CG model :x
-So Mari's real name is "Mary Ischariot", huh? Well that doesn't seem coincidental at all! Isn't she supposed to be like, really old too or something?
-I read through the Angelic Days manga recently, which went into Gendo's back story. In there he meets Yui in high school, here it seems later on in life, but still the same sort of background. Yui changed him. Still, a pity take on his decisions in life, but someone who regrets his actions. (Mari's non-aging thing also shown here)
-So we essentially got End of Eva in the end, but told differently. A real farewell to Eva.
-...now, I know I said a while back that I'd be pissed if Shinji got together with useless Mari. You know what? I don't mind. Why? Since that tidbit of Mari being modeled after Anno's wife, it makes semse now. Shinji was always a sort of representation of him. He then got married *checks Wiki* ok yeah, in 2002 after the original Eva ended. When working on Rebuild, it makes sense why Shinji is different now. Why add Mari? He wanted to give Shinji a representation of himself with his wife in real life, who I assumed has helped change him too. So that ending scene of Mari holding out her hand to Shinji, I saw that as Anno taking his wife's own hand, and it was really nice to see :) I think they just really had a hard time fitting her in as a whole new character in past movies. There's no need for Asuka anymore, and looks like she desires Kensuke in this universe, anyhow.

So yeah those are my thoughts to this "Neon Genesis".

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018

I also noticed the ridiculous number if ass shots in the new film. I do agree it's a problem broadly speaking, but considering where the movie ends and the imagery used, I think we can see some self awareness. Not an excuse, but an interesting thought emergent out of the work.

As to the action framing. I agree the flickering was bothersome. The CG managed to be both too clean and busy in the fight scenes. Very odd.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017

I'll just put a bunch of stuff that I thought about thru the movie here... I def think they made it a more digestible ending and easier to understand for people for years going "wtf was all that?!"

-We still got a depressed Shinji, but "Rei" offsets it, with learning about the world, small joys, and life itself
-Easter egg: the book the girl at the library gave "Rei" is the manga character that Anno's wife wrote (found on CR manga which is how I recognized it)
-The more I see the story and themes of new life with the babies, and "Repeat" in the movie's title, it makes sense, since they are also sort of redoing End of Eva, in a sense
-...I was starting to really like the new Rei clone too :( but, I guess that's the fate of a clone
-I also forgot that technically non of the pilots were the original, which was mentioned briefly in the 3rd movie. I still sort of wonder if they are referring to the original series as their original selves?
-Movie did a good job in thoroughly explaining Instrumentality and Gendo's motives better in this, so I hope we will get less confused people
-Shinji versus Gendo was great to see, especially with all that 4th wall breaking (oh look, Playstation controllers!)
-So Mari's real name is "Mary Ischariot", huh? Well that doesn't seem coincidental at all! Isn't she supposed to be like, really old too or something?
-I read through the Angelic Days manga recently, which went into Gendo's back story. In there he meets Yui in high school, here it seems later on in life, but still the same sort of background. Yui changed him. Still, a pity take on his decisions in life, but someone who regrets his actions. (Mari's non-aging thing also shown here)
-So we essentially got End of Eva in the end, but told differently. A real farewell to Eva.
-...now, I know I said a while back that I'd be pissed if Shinji got together with useless Mari. You know what? I don't mind. Why? Since that tidbit of Mari being modeled after Anno's wife, it makes semse now. Shinji was always a sort of representation of him. He then got married *checks Wiki* ok yeah, in 2002 after the original Eva ended. When working on Rebuild, it makes sense why Shinji is different now. Why add Mari? He wanted to give Shinji a representation of himself with his wife in real life, who I assumed has helped change him too. So that ending scene of Mari holding out her hand to Shinji, I saw that as Anno taking his wife's own hand, and it was really nice to see :) I think they just really had a hard time fitting her in as a whole new character in past movies. There's no need for Asuka anymore, and looks like she desires Kensuke in this universe, anyhow.

I think that's the thing that bothers me most about the rebuild.
End of Evangelion being so unapologetically bleak and strange but also audio-visually iconic and beautiful is what made that IP so memorable to me, so having everyone back so we can basically have a 'good end' feels like wish fulfilment and pandering all these years later. I also think all the new mecha designs and Eva's look kinda shit, especially in 3D. The Eva series that Asuka fights in EoE were genuinely gross and incredibly animated.

More digestable?....sure... but I don't care for it. Being a meta commentary on Anno's life does not make for a better story.

I also really dislike Mari as a character, and its extra weird if what you're saying is indeed the inspiration. FF7R being inspired by this series of movies... I have a bad feeling.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018

Agree on all counts.

-Yeah this pilot clone stuff is not very clear. Kind of felt like an after thought. Like what does this even accomplish this late in the movie if there are no material implications or background given.

-I was also totally not onboard with this Mari deal. However, I think it was perfect in the end. Throughout the film the only person who doesn't judge Shinji or project onto him a bias is her. So it makes sense that he can start on a clear slate with her.

-I think the best part of this film is the first half in how Shinji exits his catatonic state. It is a condensed EoE and the end of the show. But here we finally see Anno tackle the "after". What does Shinji do after he can move past his fear/pain/depression? It's deeply cathartic as a long time watcher. The fact that what does it is something as simple as Rei being the one to finally say the words that no one else was willing to say. Shinji was always a good kid, and this world thrust upon him a task that then went thankless. No matter that he ran, or feared, or failed, the people around him should have been better to him, and the fact their own failures prevented then from doing it is the real meat of this story.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
I think that's the thing that bothers me most about the rebuild.
End of Evangelion being so unapologetically bleak and strange but also audio-visually iconic and beautiful is what made that IP so memorable to me, so having everyone back so we can basically have a 'good end' feels like wish fulfilment and pandering all these years later. I also think all the new mecha designs and Eva's look kinda shit, especially in 3D. The Eva series that Asuka fights in EoE were genuinely gross and incredibly animated.

More digestable?....sure... but I don't care for it.

I also really dislike Mari as a character, and its extra weird if what you're saying is indeed the inspiration.

But it is only a "happy ending"? I would posit it's not the only intent here. EoE and the show are exploring a bleak view , but they both end in what I would argue is unequivocal hopeful endings. This film ends the same way, but tries to do a lot more exploration on how we get a happy ending out of what we have constructed as Evangelion.

I see it as an actual Rebuild. Taking Evangelion and saying, "what could I say after 20+ years?" The answer is deeply tied to what the original show and EoE explored. Shinji is hurt, still fears pain, has the same father issues. But rather than run, he finds a way forward. He can do this because at every step he found someone willing to give him a hand. Rei in 2.22, Kaworu in 3.33, and *Ayanami,Mari,Asuka,Kensuke,Toji, Misato, etc in 3+1. If the original show ended with "I believe that one day I can be happy", this film is saying "That day came and it really took all of those who loved me to do get there". I can't think of a more Evangelion message than that.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Agree on all counts.

-Yeah this pilot clone stuff is not very clear. Kind of felt like an after thought. Like what does this even accomplish this late in the movie if there are no material implications or background given.

-I was also totally not onboard with this Mari deal. However, I think it was perfect in the end. Throughout the film the only person who doesn't judge Shinji or project onto him a bias is her. So it makes sense that he can start on a clear slate with her.

-I think the best part of this film is the first half in how Shinji exits his catatonic state. It is a condensed EoE and the end of the show. But here we finally see Anno tackle the "after". What does Shinji do after he can move past his fear/pain/depression? It's deeply cathartic as a long time watcher. The fact that what does it is something as simple as Rei being the one to finally say the words that no one else was willing to say. Shinji was always a good kid, and this world thrust upon him a task that then went thankless. No matter that he ran, or feared, or failed, the people around him should have been better to him, and the fact their own failures prevented then from doing it is the real meat of this story.

Yeah, the whole original/clone thing is still off. I'll just go with the interpretation of alt universe stuff, for now. Anno did want to explore the time gap, maybe maybe then we'll be given answers if he does that.

And yeah that's right about Mari. She's still quite the enigma, but seems to make her own choices and enjoys what she does. Makes sense, even moreso.

It was for sure nice to see "the after" as well with Shinji's growth and feelings on things. I was sure surprised to see HIM being the mentor for his father's deep grief. Shinji well, took a while, but accepted death as an inevitable part of life, whereas his dad just kept clinging onto it for Yui. Also, was nice to see a glimpse of angel-Eva-Yui push Shinji out of 01 to destroy all the Evas. What a great scene. Something Shinji understood and Gendo could never comprehend as a "parent".

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Vanitas 7
Not surprised at all the bisexuality, just at how much time is spent on Jeanne and Vanitas when it seemed he had ulterior motives to begin with.

Kageki Shoujo 7
That's a real fucked up thing to do to a kid, regardless of tradition. As for Akiya, I'm not sure just how much lasting damage he did by helping to spark that backlash and Sarasa being essentially exiled from kabuki with how friendly him and her seem to be.

Magica Record S2 3
What a fantastic episode. Glad Iroha and Yachiyo are back together again. I was a bit worried that Iroha made up Ui in the real world after the doll kept appearing, but it seems like even her doppel can't find Ui either. Stinger for next week has me very interested in where this does go.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
I really get a kick out of the Eva thread where people are trying to make sense of impacts, spears, etc. Like guys.....

The movie certainly doesn't.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Well, Getter Robo Arc continues to be exciting.

It seems Black Shin Getter will be here for a while yet. The implications I'm getting seem to suggest that this may be a Go from another universe. What with the villains talking about "This Spacetime" and a "spaciotemporal attempt to thwart them".

Of course, Hayato doesn't tell the new team so the manga plot can continue mostly intact.

The Getter team teaming up with the Dinosaur Empire more fully was a big surprise in the manga, and I do rather like it. Things are only going to get more wild from here. We should roughly be around the midpoint of the manga or a little passed it. Still plenty of room for some changes and additions (flashback and otherwise) as we go forward.

Man, I can't wait for next week's episode.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
MHA S5 19
Good all-around episode with some great moments with Aizawa concerning his backstory. Glad to see Eggman show up at the end and fucking finally will we fucking finally get to the actual fucking good arc. Fuck.
I really get a kick out of the Eva thread where people are trying to make sense of impacts, spears, etc. Like guys.....

It's all set dressing. That's why I love episode 25/26 of the original show. It tosses all the Eva/Angel/End of the world stuff aside for character. As for this movie, I think it bridges that space between 25/26 and EoE very well for both the personal and the grandiose.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
MHA S5 19
Good all-around episode with some great moments with Aizawa concerning his backstory. Glad to see Eggman show up at the end and fucking finally will we fucking finally get to the actual fucking good arc. Fuck.

It's all set dressing. That's why I love episode 25/26 of the original show. It tosses all the Eva/Angel/End of the world stuff aside for character. As for this movie, I think it bridges that space between 25/26 and EoE very well for both the personal and the grandiose.

Strongly agree.

Oct 27, 2017
I said I would binge the four rebuild eva movies and I could only watch the first two before I got busy... 😫

Oh well now I am done and will hopefully be able to watch the other two. And Iruma. And Love Live. And Getter Robo. And....

It is gonna be a long night
commando-arnold.gif

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Heh, glad I didn't get into that OT and just posted here. The important context was most of the stuff we already discussed. Stuff about spears and whatnot... there didn't seem to be anything beyond what the movie already said. Most of that just seemed like "cool otaku stuff" and nothing more than that, really.

Eva is def one of those series when some people dig TOO deep. When you know that Anno is a huge otaku that loves stuff like Ultraman and Godzilla, a lot of those fine details don't really need an in-depth dive on what they might represent. I'm not sure what they went on about but
Spears? Shinji and Gendo fought with the spears of "hope and despair" then a cool new one was created to "beat the boss" essentially.
Impacts? What else is there to say, I thought Gendo went over what each meant?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Well, Getter Robo Arc continues to be exciting.

It seems Black Shin Getter will be here for a while yet. The implications I'm getting seem to suggest that this may be a Go from another universe. What with the villains talking about "This Spacetime" and a "spaciotemporal attempt to thwart them".

Of course, Hayato doesn't tell the new team so the manga plot can continue mostly intact.

The Getter team teaming up with the Dinosaur Empire more fully was a big surprise in the manga, and I do rather like it. Things are only going to get more wild from here. We should roughly be around the midpoint of the manga or a little passed it. Still plenty of room for some changes and additions (flashback and otherwise) as we go forward.

Man, I can't wait for next week's episode.

I said I would binge the four rebuild eva movies and I could only watch both before I got busy... 😫

Oh well now I am done and will hopefully be able to watch the other two. And Iruma. And Love Live. And Getter Robo. And....

It is gonna be a long night
commando-arnold.gif
Ugh it's painful, I'm waiting for internet to watch arc on my actual tv… well at least there'll be more dub by the time I do. Plus finally watching Shin Getter Armageddon in full this weekend and have Neo Vs Shin to watch too.

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh it's painful, I'm waiting for internet to watch arc on my actual tv… well at least there'll be more dub by the time I do. Plus finally watching Shin Getter Armageddon in full this weekend and have Neo Vs Shin to watch too.
I haven't started Arc yet but hearing the posts here are making me really hype. Sounds like I am in for a really crazy time.

On that note, I also gotta watch the other two series after I catch up with Arc.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I haven't started Arc yet but hearing the posts here are making me really hype. Sounds like I am in for a really crazy time.

On that note, I also gotta watch the other two series after I catch up with Arc.
FYI Arc is the finale of the manga side story line(which has never been directly adapted before). It builds on Getter Robo, G, Go and Shin(which are all excellent and not super long reads). The main character is almost as clueless as the readers so there are some flash backs but it's not everything. Also I take it youve watched New then? That's totally worth a watch if not

Oct 27, 2017
FYI Arc is the finale of the manga side story line(which has never been directly adapted before). It builds on Getter Robo, G, Go and Shin(which are all excellent and not super long reads). The main character is almost as clueless as the readers so there are some flash backs but it's not everything. Also I take it youve watched New then? That's totally worth a watch if not
Yeah I did

My plan was to watch new so that I can go into Arc with some familiarity then catch up with the rest of the series (manga as well if I can find it) while Arc is running

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah I did

My plan was to watch new so that I can go into Arc with some familiarity then catch up with the rest of the series (manga as well if I can find it) while Arc is running
Yeah New is a good primer for the main concepts and that's my reccomendation. It's also just a great primer for Ken Ishikawa's works cause they pull a Giant Robo Ova and pull stuff from everything he wrote at that point. It does have an original third pilot that combines two others and a historical figure(in true Ken fashion). Also The manga never got an official English release but Getters big enough some fans have.

Oct 27, 2017
Alright movie 3 down. One to go.
Yeah New is a good primer for the main concepts and that's my reccomendation. It's also just a great primer for Ken Ishikawa's works cause they pull a Giant Robo Ova and pull stuff from everything he wrote at that point. It does have an original third pilot that combines two others and a historical figure(in true Ken fashion). Also The manga never got an official English release but Getters big enough some fans have.
I see

I guess I will have to look for them. Shame they never came out in english.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Villainess S2 7
Not too bad of a diversion, but kind of disappointed that Catarina's dream didn't include her childhood friend.

Tokyo Revengers 19
What an absolutely brutal episode. Nice to see Takemichi get some props for standing up and pushing forward...but that Mikey fight is done. Not much you can do at this point to stop him from murdering Kazutora, who seems to have lost his goddamn mind.

Jahy 3
This was both legit funny and heartwarming.

Last edited:

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
I watched the first part of that wee Anno documentary. Its ok, he seems like a perfectionist, hard worker which im sure most anime or film directors are like that. The funniest part of it is him constantly telling the documentary crew what they should be filming and trying to direct it for them.
Lol i did feel a tiny bit sorry for him when he rewrote the first half of the movie because his staff admitted they didnt really understand what the intent was of it, and you can tell he was kinda bummed about it

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Getter Robo Arc 7

Looks like the animation budget got a boost here, which I appreciate.

Seeing Go's finale get animated was so damn cool, and Black Shin Getter continues to be awesome; I'm actually really glad to see Go getting some more time to shine (even if he might be a clone sent by Emperor). The Dinosaur Empire alliance shenanigans were also probably my favourite part in the manga, so this episode made me pretty happy. Chomping at the bit to finally see animated Gettersaurus though!

Last edited:

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Keep wanting to watch the movies but I've been sick for 3 weeks now and just can't find the energy to watch anything closely.

On another note, finished Great Ace Attorney 1 and realised that Sherlock looks pretty much like Gintoki and that's probably why I'm in love with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.