• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Gof of High School 2

Ill see how it plays out but i wa s a bit more interested when i thought the show was about exaggerted OTT martial arts rather than people just having superpowers and shooting hadoukens and shit.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Just got a mail that CR is raising the price for a yearly sub from 40 euros to 70 euros. That's a lot.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
they raised the price in the UK last year from £39.99 to £64.99. I let my sub run out.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Pokemon (2019) 24

(Time to catch up...) I prefer eps like this when Team Rocket is doing other stuff than "catch Pikachu" every time. I liked how they were used in Sun and Moon with only sometimes focusing on Pikachu, while most eps just featured them hanging out with the huggy bear family. Definitely one aspect of the main show (along with Ash/Satoshi) that I wish they would get rid of... At least in Best Wishes! they were more 'darker' but apparently Japanese fans hated it, so after the earthquake hiatus, they changed them back to silly/slap-stick :/

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I don't think there's even enough material in print to work with for a single season which is a shame. I'd be down with more OVA's tho.
True, the first series's 5 volumes are small. With the right team, they could add in some original content and have a nice 12 episode SoL yuri series. The storytelling in the manga does make it hard to adapt in general, since the mangaka factors in how sporadic chapters are published.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Brand New Animal (Finished)

nElswnD.jpg

✅ Incredibly stylish animation
✅ Lovely character designs and artwork and aesthetic
✅ Kickass soundtrack by mabanua and a banger OP/ED combo
✅ Amazing world and story potential
✅ Hype as fuck
✅ Super rushed and never reached its potential
✅ Probably wont get a sequel

Overall, I loved this show but damn the ending was rushed. So many story elements were left open and the world was largely unexplored. There's SO much they could have done with this idea had it been 2 cours.

I just dont get why series spend the middle arcs just meandering and then just rush to finish it.

Still, this is exactly what I was looking for and I really loved it. Too bad it got Netflixd otherwise it would have been even more popular.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Deca-Dence 2

The twist was awesome. Strapped in for a ride.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am I crazy, or is Chivalry of a Failed Knight... good?
Dumb fanservice aside
It is as generic as they come but hey, atleast the main character gets together with someone early on instead of the final episode like most "harem" anime.

It is one of the better "trash" anime. Not that bad if you just want something light and entertaining without depth.

Kind of like Jason X or Punisher Warzone where the story and characters are dumb and bad but you watch it anyway cause you can turn of your brain and enjoy it for the dumb action.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
That first ep of the second Mob Psycho season unexpectedly hit me right in the feels

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
It is as generic as they come but hey, atleast the main character gets together with someone early on instead of the final episode like most "harem" anime.

It is one of the better "trash" anime. Not that bad if you just want something light and entertaining without depth.

Kind of like Jason X or Punisher Warzone where the story and characters are dumb and bad but you watch it anyway cause you can turn of your brain and enjoy it for the dumb action.

Yeah. I was shocked when I saw that ''What, they actually hook up this early!?''. Usually in these kind of shows they play around with the harem aspect forever. I guess author took inspiration from SAO lol.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I like it though! It immediately hit me like a truck because rather than go right into making this into a simple game with stakes (SAO) , it wastes no time to put these players as parts of a mysterious system. So it's like a concentric layer, a misleading matrix esque game world where humans are pawns in the middle, and then a wrapped shell world where the playtesters/players are also pawns in a to-be-revealed oppressive capitalistic world. Interesting space to play in, absolute kudos to the creators.
Oh no, I loved it. Massive grin on my face whole episode. I'm in for this ride.

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise 19

As much as I love Loran, Hiroto might be the best Gundam protag since Domon. What in the fuck at ending the ep the way they did tho? c'mon man

Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise 20

VlXhfYw.png
VlXhfYw.png
VlXhfYw.png

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise 19

As much as I love Loran, Hiroto might be the best Gundam protag since Domon. What in the fuck at ending the ep the way they did tho? c'mon man

Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise 20

VlXhfYw.png
VlXhfYw.png
VlXhfYw.png

I've been out of touch with where the Build series is. I really liked the first season but thought Try was a let down in comparison.

Is this one more of a return to form?

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Assassination Classroom End.

I actually liked the ending, very full filling. Lord that last fight was weak shit though, practically a dragon ball episode. Liked it, definitely gets weaker in its last arc, but I think it has a strong character arc so good.

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
I've been out of touch with where the Build series is. I really liked the first season but thought Try was a let down in comparison.

Is this one more of a return to form?

Less a return to form and more a successful attempt at something new. Build Divers had the promise of infinite possibility with the online stuff but it wasn't until Re:Rise that it managed to do so while escaping the usual Gundam mold.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
That first ep of the second Mob Psycho season unexpectedly hit me right in the feels

all about dat direction and writing. sure the actual story can be 'mob and reigan go fight a vegetable monster' but if the themes and the allusions and the way stuff is constructed for the viewer is tight, even that can be so much more

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
all about dat direction and writing. sure the actual story can be 'mob and reigan go fight a vegetable monster' but if the themes and the allusions and the way stuff is constructed for the viewer is tight, even that can be so much more

Yeah that stuff is what makes the show shine....if only the antagonist at the end of S2 lived up to the rest of the season it would have been perfect.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Less a return to form and more a successful attempt at something new. Build Divers had the promise of infinite possibility with the online stuff but it wasn't until Re:Rise that it managed to do so while escaping the usual Gundam mold.

Do I need to watch Divers or does it largely stand on its own?

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Does that mean escaping Gundam's usual poor handling of women? (Who am I kidding.)

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise 20 -
3zw0sSLl.png

Yea, Hiroto is easily one of the better Gundam protagonists. That monologue at the end sealed it. Seeing how he almost crushed himself under his own jealousy, despair, and rage has been the highlight of this 2nd half. He lost everything while having to watch someone else pull off what he couldn't do. Then afterwards he's just filled to the brim with self-loathing. This is uh really good stuff from a Gundam series. Hiroto has had a hard life.

It almost makes me want to watch Gundam Build Divers. Almost.

Last edited:

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
smol horse girls 1-2
Man, I completely forgot about the idol dancing aspect of this show lmao

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i was going to complain about the crunchy app but now the hidive app won't even load so

Wasteful Lives of High School Girls 1
Pretty good, though the romance confession joke went on for even longer than I thought. Looking forward to hanging out with these absolute dumbasses.

Last edited:

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Digimon Adventure 01 9
I love how much of a bro Frigimon is, even if he sounds like a middle-aged man. Matt is the worst sometimes; use your words!

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Crunchyroll playing with my emotions. I sign in and see Dr. Stone and reincarnated as a slime in the updated area! It's just the god-damned German dub. :/

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Please Twins! 1-END + OVA
I watched Please Teacher years ago, but forgot to watch this one for some reason, so I booted up it last week and finished it rather quickly. I havent looked, but I 'm guessing the music was done by the same people that did most of the Key works from this same time period because it was really well done. The story itself, well, it was alright, but felt pretty rushed towards the end with an abrupt conclusion to everything. Anyhow, it was a decent watch

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Please Twins! 1-END + OVA
I watched Please Teacher years ago, but forgot to watch this one for some reason, so I booted up it last week and finished it rather quickly. I havent looked, but I 'm guessing the music was done by the same people that did most of the Key works from this same time period because it was really well done. The story itself, well, it was alright, but felt pretty rushed towards the end with an abrupt conclusion to everything. Anyhow, it was a decent watch
I haven't thought about Onegai Teacher/Twins in years. Do they both hold up? There's a OVA too? I guess I need to check it out.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
OreGairu S3 Ep 2

Oh, so that explains the OP haha. I like it.

It's nice to see Iroha causing trouble again. This shows Subject F.

Being Yui is suffering :(

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
Deca-Dence 1-2

this is pretty cool. Love the Oshiyama Kiyotaka stuff in the second episode.
also I was immediately suspicious in the first episode and almost guessed the twist based on the design of the eyes of the human characters lol.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Iroduku 1-3

This is pretty nice so far. The first episode was stunning. Felt like I was watching a movie.

PA Works constantly crushing it with the crazy gorgeous background artwork.

I'm expecting lots of nonsensical drama in the last third but it's a pleasant watch nonetheless.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Deca-Dence

I dont really get it.

How does the remote controlling work? Are only Gears controlled by the robots? And there was a login area, so what happens to the humans when they're not controlled? Sleep? Different (their own) personality?

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Deca-Dence

I dont really get it.

How does the remote controlling work? Are only Gears controlled by the robots? And there was a login area, so what happens to the humans when they're not controlled? Sleep? Different (their own) personality?

The humans are humans. They just have a chip to track them or so. Our main character is a bug because she lives but has no chip. I presume that yes this is a remote controlled situation and they are underground?

Status
Not open for further replies.