• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Umayon 2

Frankly, they should glue factory the rest of the cast and just make this the Teio show.

Japan Sinks 5

The cult has the same energy the circus did in Gyo in that it's just a comical addition that undermines what little tragedy that could be taken seriously as is.

Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise 17

Entirely a talky episode but still so good since it rides the series' strongest point of its main cast.Probably helps it functions as an extension of the first season and there's likely no higher stakes to be had so it's a countdown to action.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Umayon 1-2

Not sure why I'm watching this... Didn't enjoy the main show like I thought I would (and selling my Special Week Nendo). I guess the show is short at least.

Naked Olympics 8

Zeus looks like a hipster. I really wonder what the people in the end credits thought they were getting paid for? I feel like they were told it was for commercials :p

Japari Park 31

Finally heading towards the climax it seems. Hopefully no more several week hiatuses so it can finish this year!

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Yeah, I agree. I was binging the manga one day last year in that kind of empty, "I'll read/watch anything to turn my brain off" way. The entire time, chapter after chapter for so long, I kept waiting for it to get good. To develop in any meaningful way. But the further the story goes, the more petty obstacles the author introduces, just to reset the characters' personal growth and relationship development indefinitely.

It was decent enough to read for a while, but it just got more and more frustrating after every 10th misunderstanding, forced drama that could have been resolved in two honest sentences, relationship sabotage by other characters, etc. It's just a highly dissatisfying series (but not in an artful, intentional way).
I'm still reading it as it comes out since I've devoted the time to it, but every week is annoying with maybe one or two exceptions in the last year haha. The art and art design is very good and maybe the pacing will be fine for an anime, but I think anyone who ha stuck with it just hate reads it basically.

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Aight, I finished Onii-sama (irregular at magic highschool). Honestly I didn't like it that much, I had to force myself to finish the last few eps. Plot was all over the place and pretty boring. I think the first arc was my favorite lol. Ngl, I'll still watch the movie and new season because I hate myself.
6/10

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Megalobox is great. For some reason I'm getting some Bebop vibes from the artstyle.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Japan Sinks 2020 Ep. 1-5

This show is weird. Like what even is going on?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if Japan Sinks is worth the time investment. Is it bad? Is it good (i don't think it is)? Help?

Also, can't help but read it as "Japan Stinks" everytime i see it written out

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if Japan Sinks is worth the time investment. Is it bad? Is it good (i don't think it is)? Help?

same but i hear jon lovitz in my head
tErR7U6.png

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I keep telling myself there's so many good shows I haven't seen yet but I'm still watching this.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Japan Sinks sounds interesting. Though how much (and how bad) violence towards women is there?
I mean there's rape attempts.... though the deaths aren't gruesome to main characters that women. It's a very odd show., you'll understand what i mean if you actually watch it. Almost none of the women act normally.

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Havent watched but this bad eh?

shows us why having a experience voice director is a must

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
how can you say that without watching it??? its like picking a random 1 star review and saying "this is why having an award winning director is a must"
I mean I don't think hiring a inexperience director is a good idea especially when theres alot of voice actor turned voice director (ie C. Vee, Carrie K) on LA side. We don't need award winning ones lol.. Ill check it when i get some free time

also the person on the tweet is a dub reviewer and not some random person

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
How would an inexperienced voice director get experience if he's never allowed to voice director anything

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How would an inexperienced voice director get experience if he's never allowed to voice director anything
Being a assistant adr first? Thats how funimation does it.. or sometimes in funimation some were audio engineer prior being a assistant adr

also like i said above some are voice actors before tackling voice director

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yea theres a big difference from dubbing animation and live action too

(ie netflix aico incarnation dub) which was done by a studio/cast which experience was live action dubbing (studios voa florida)

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/9m6wkn/aico_incarnations_has_been_redubbed_on_netflix/

netflix redubbed it because how bad the dubbing was

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Goalposts, they be moving.
Well you did ask me how should an inexperience director if they arnt allowed to direct which I answered then you informed me out that the person in question has experience and looking at her credentials all were live action , which made me recheck the twitter link if they pointed that out which JRpictures did

I see nothing wrong by saying there's a huge difference for live action and animation dubbing plus giving a example what happened before with AICO

if I did something wrong then I apologize for that

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Deca-Dence - 01
Pretty interesting world. That whole transformation thing only to fire a punch was ridiculous though.

Deca-Dence - 02

RkkN.gif

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Deca-Dance was kind of on my radar but both being on Funi and the comments I heard on here don't have me wanting to check it out. Japan Sinks, however? I'm not sure if it makes me want to watch it more or less lol. The initial impressions seemed great, and then to read the spoiler-free comments with how the show progressed... it definitely has me curious :p

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I mean there's rape attempts.... though the deaths aren't gruesome to main characters that women. It's a very odd show., you'll understand what i mean if you actually watch it. Almost none of the women act normally.
After Devilman Crybaby, I ain't touching anything Masaaki Yuasa related that involves rape (attempts). Thanks for the heads up.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Gibiate 1

Boring garbage.

God of High School 1

Big noses the anime.
Actually a lot of fun.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Re zero S2 E2. Great ramp up once again. Anime reveal of Frederica is a bit diminished here as the LN actually brought them up a couple times which was nice.

Dat OP tho. *chefs kiss* love it.

Also what's going on with deca-dence lol? I assume something crazy. Is it worth watching crazy or....

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Re zero S2 E2. Great ramp up once again. Anime reveal of Frederica is a bit diminished here as the LN actually brought them up a couple times which was nice.

Dat OP tho. *chefs kiss* love it.

Also what's going on with deca-dence lol? I assume something crazy. Is it worth watching crazy or....
I still need to watch the ep, but it seems crunchy has the opening up

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
I think that is what really struck me, this is the kind of twist that is saved for like a middle of the series.

I don't even understand how is it possible to make it like this...

Rainbow goombas playing a MMO as humans about killing monsters and leveling up...

Regardless whether there is a payoff, I am just not interested. The girl was so lively and interesting, thought it will be a shonen about growing up in the post-apocalyptic society...

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was interested in DECA-DENCE but I tapped out when the OP came up during episode 2.

I didn't sign up for this!

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
You guys are making Deca-dence way more tempting

ReZero S2 2

Damn what a good episode. Was not expecting that reveal at the end.

Also replace Jon with Subaru

692260_v2.jpg

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not really down on the Deca-Dence twist; the concept (however vague before airing) isn't why I'm watching it, I'm watching it because of Tachikawa. I'm very open to whatever comes. But jeez what a swerve this is.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Deca-Dence 2

well I haven't been this blindsided by a reveal since Samurai Flaminco
While the first episode had signs of something more going on.... I was not expecting this lol.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Deca-Dence 02
I was liking this well enough in the first episode, but now it has my utmost attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.