• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Fire Force S2 01

Returning series' first ep 101 basically but it seems the usual amount of care put into animating the fight scenes has not been lost in between.

OP&ed are also strong and I'm glad we're seemingly getting more of Joker.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
March comes in like a lion S1

It was pretty good.
Given how prominent they are in the openings and the start i was suprised by how absent the sisters are for the bulk of the latter half of the season when it becomes the Shimada show.
Really want to dive into season 2 but might watch BNA or something short like that as a buffer.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Since season 2 started, I thought I'd give it a shot

Fire Force Season 1 Ep 1

Holy shit this is fucking gorgeous looking. But I already know it goes up its own ass with pointless fanservice, which I guess didn't get toned down like Soul Eater's manga to anime transition.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Fire Force comes back and of course as always looks fucking AMAZING
If only we could have more shows with this much flair and pure animation brilliance to it

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Since season 2 started, I thought I'd give it a shot

Fire Force Season 1 Ep 1

Holy shit this is fucking gorgeous looking. But I already know it goes up its own ass with pointless fanservice, which I guess didn't get toned down like Soul Eater's manga to anime transition.
Fire Force did tone down the fanservice from the manga to the anime. It's just still a lot, just like Soul Eater still had plenty in the anime.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Force S2 1

This show absolutely does not deserve to look as good as it does. Going for an all out visual spectacle for the first episode back makes me almost mad lmao. OP looks amazing too. Don't really like the ED. Also wouldn't have minded if the whole episode was just them shopping cause that was cute.

Also this show is making me a hypocrite cause I didn't mind the fanservice for once cause it was the guys. At least they just kept it focused on a side portion of the episode instead of inserting it in the middle of fights. This show should still be in horny jail though.

Anyways, I heard the series gets better so I'm excited to see how the plot develops from here. At least I know the action should be great if they keep this up.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I want Fire Force to keep getting anime if only just because I want to see anime fans react to the utterly batshit stuff that's been happening recently in the manga

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Fire Force Season 2, Episode 1:

It is a good start to the season when no arrestable offenses show up; at any rate, wasn't expecting the turn towards a nude calendar, but I guess this is a trope that was going to hit sooner or later.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
SAO Alicization S2 3

Decided to pick this up after dropping it for so long. This show is dumb and I feel like the actions everyone takes outside of the Underworld are always stupid and again conceptually their goal for the Alicization project makes zero sense and the load test makes even less sense.

Anyways going to continue watching this

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Fire Force Season 2 01

dying at the clearly fake Dr. Giovanni pic

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
SAO Alicization S2 4

Went from thinking this is stupid to straight up being mad.

WHY CAN'T THE VILLAINS JUST BE NORMAL. HE FUCKING EATS SOULS? JUST AS A THING HE DOES IN THE REAL WORLD? LIKE HE JUST DOES THIS???????? AND I GUESS HE'S A SERIAL KILLER???

He just wants to eat Alice's soul, this show is dumb.

Anyways now this is a hate watch.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
The TWEWY anime should be revealed at the top of the hour
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Force S2 Ep 1
EcCqpQSXsAEpmHg

First half of the episode was like the opening scene of a Fire Force movie, the second half was actually funny filler!

Expected the worst but looks promising.

I have been trying to wrap my head around this a lot- this will launch in the 14th anniversary year of the game (so not a major anniversary/cash-in opportunity), there is a zero percent chance they are making a new game so it's not to promote it... I can't get why they are doing this unless they really want to put something good out in the world

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fire Force S2 Ep 1
EcCqpQSXsAEpmHg

First half of the episode was like the opening scene of a Fire Force movie, the second half was actually funny filler!
Second half was fluff content, but it did come from the manga (albiet in the manga it happened pretty much immediately after Shinra recovered after the Netherworld arc that ended last season, but understandably they shifted events slightly for the sake of the way the anime is released)

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
I have been trying to wrap my head around this a lot- this will launch in the 14th anniversary year of the game (so not a major anniversary/cash-in opportunity), there is a zero percent chance they are making a new game so it's not to promote it... I can't get why they are doing this unless they really want to put something good out in the world

Sometimes stuff just gets finally adapted. Like I still don't know why DavidPro is doing Spriggan centuries later but here we are.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
SAO Alicization S2 5-10

It is entertaining watching the Knights play Dynasty Warriors with the opposing army. Looks pretty, lacks any emotional impact. Alice nuking the fuck out of the army was great though.

Also lmao at the "I want to fuck Kirito club" talking at the end. I think it's almost hilarious that they almost made an argument that Eugeo was the closest to Kirito due to the amount of time he spent with him.

edit:

Holy shit that may have been one of the most unintentially funny scenes in a series.

"Only way to leave is to die. And when you die it will hurt incredibly bad. Also your character might not be able to be played"
"WHAT THE FUCK I'M NOT LOSING MY CHARACTER"

I also don't understand how it could be a year in the world already when it plainly wasn't?

I also question the idea of the plan from both sides. Literally just throw more bodies at the war lmao.

Last edited:

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
SAO Alicization S2 12

Oh they explained the time thing. I hate to say it but the show isn't as good without Kirito lmao.

Well I guess I'm ready for the second half of the season now. Just watched the PV and it looks like it's mostly going to be "watch all the characters kick ass and then Kirito will save the day" but that was obvious even without watching the PV.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
A Whisker Away

Loved this. Some grounded drama with enough fantasy mixed in (plus cat hands!)

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Finally watched S1 of Beastars on Netflix. Some gripes with content aside, outside of an initial adjustment period this is the most impressive 3DCG TV anime series I have ever seen. They made limited animation and 3DCG work. Holy crap.

Also watched A Whisker Away without knowing it had a Mari Okada script, which explains a lot. Aside from some nice character animation, the story is okay at best and structured poorly. It's a simple story initially told in a very confusing way, particularly how it goes about establishing Miyo's family situation along with Hinode's. It doesn't add anything to the story.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!

Million Live is finally getting an anime of its own!

(And a perfect lead in for Haruka's inevitable confirmation for Smash Ultimate)

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The schedule: https://myanimelist.net/anime/season
Before we begin. The well-produced Great Pretender that began last month and will finish early into this season failed to keep me around but ep 1-3 were solid. I may return. 6/10 April´s Ghost in the Shell SAC_2045 is one of the best TV anime in years and is the best-looking TV budget CG show after Clone Wars. Minus some scenes. 2nd GiG is the peak of GitS anime but this, all of Arise and the 1995 film come soon thereafter. But beware. You need to have seen all of SAC to properly follow along and this season only tells half a story. Please do more than just 2 1-cour-seasons IG! 8,5/10

Deca-Dence has a solid director and a solid writer but Hiroshi Seko is known for adapting well and this is an original show. NUT is also a fairly new studio with no major accomplishments to their name. We have a wild card.

Nihon Chinbotsu I have never cared about the previous takes on Japan Sinks but Science SARU at least knows how to animate. I´ll give this a shot.

The Dorohedoro OVA was alright but is cheap AF. I wonder if S1 was it.
Lupin III: The First is nothing special as expected but it looked almost as good as the Tintin film. Respect. Shingeki no Kyojin: Chronicle isn´t a summary of S03 but instead a summary of ALL the 59 eps (minus the OVAs) WIT did! The Fang of the Sun Dougram film summed up 75 eps in 80 minutes but this is almost as bad. Lol. Umibe no Étranger is based on an ok Yaoi manga which automatically makes it one of the better LGBT+ stories out of Japan. Shika no Ou by IG will take till September if no delays come so I won´t see it till next year. Looks interesting. Eva 4.0 is lastly delayed till ? due to Covid-19. For the better I say.
This and the last season took a clear pandemic ding. And likely the next. I hope that my meager selection will work out. The season is already stretched mega thin but that´s TV/films in 2020 for you.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Force S2 Ep 01

You know this season will be good when they do something that the first season lacked

Next Episode Previews!

build hype and anticipation for what's to come, also uses instrumental version of the Opening, which made me realize that this probably one of my favorite little tropes, can't remember the last anime that did this.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fire Force S2 Ep 01

Great opener and everyone looks even better. OP is a banger too. Give me more Gorilla Maki and Dempsey Rolls. As much stupid fanservice this series has, the women can at least fight.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Fire Force S2 Ep 01

Don't worry Maki you look lovely in shirt and jeans! I was actually pleased with the lack of fanservice they had, and then it all came back when Tamaki put on her "uniform". Ugh, I will never get used to it. I'll take on any fanservice if it means more Arthur. Also, Maki's oraoraora attack was kinda cool.

But the second story was great, I did not expect that at all but given the setting I should have had. Really had a laugh with it.

Oct 25, 2017
Ahiru no Sora Episode 37

New OP and ED are great, but the previous ED was actually a great song and so emotional too.

Best boy
EcF5AwZXYAAPRQy

Cute apology and forgiveness scene.

EcF0IZkXYAA0fei

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Lapis Re:Lights Episode 1:

SO this seems to be some sort of mix media idol wizarding world thing with vague at this point lesbian undertones and it is okay, just okay one episode out here.

Oct 25, 2017
Tower of God Episode 8 EngDub
EcGAtm_XsAEyklS

Anaak was dropped, not sad.

OT9/10

I guess the rules or perhaps the whole test wasnt explained that well that it was only now that it seemed points based and thus made sense why Ship Leeso acted as he did Khun as well.

Still best
EcF-u7rX0AA8Z31
EcF-u7sXYAMQUtg

Also Ship Leeso and Lauroe during Serena's reflection moment, lol.

think Hoh and Serena are kind of the weak links and should go away.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
Hey ya'll. Hope this is the right thread for this. I wasn't sure if this thread was just about new animes releasing this summer, or general anime OT stuff.

I have always casually enjoyed the typical cartoon network, late night anime stuff as a kid. Recently, I've started to watch more series from start to finish. I'm looking for some recommendations of what to watch next. My only specific hope is to find series that are already finished (so I can watch the whole thing in one go, don't really want to pause and wait for more seasons) and that it is available on one of the big platforms (netflix, hulu, crunchyroll, etc).

The series that I've watched from start to finish are:

Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Avatar: The Last Airbender (if that counts)
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note

I've done some research and Fullmetal Alchemist seems interesting, but I wasn't clear on which series is preferable of the two available. I'd love some other suggestions as well. I'm planning on watching Samurai Champloo at some point once I buy it on Blu Ray, but other suggestions are welcome!

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Force s2 Episode 1 EngDub

Aimer...sign me up!!!!

First half was alright, probably would have been more excited by it if the anime had been years betwixt sequels...but oh well, ArthurShinra remains the best duo in action, in comedy, and in the ED.

Having my fav chapter animate was the best
EcGLpAxXkAA7vn6
EcF_5jUU0AUkboZ

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Hey ya'll. Hope this is the right thread for this. I wasn't sure if this thread was just about new animes releasing this summer, or general anime OT stuff.

I have always casually enjoyed the typical cartoon network, late night anime stuff as a kid. Recently, I've started to watch more series from start to finish. I'm looking for some recommendations of what to watch next. My only specific hope is to find series that are already finished (so I can watch the whole thing in one go, don't really want to pause and wait for more seasons) and that it is available on one of the big platforms (netflix, hulu, crunchyroll, etc).

Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note

I've done some research and Fullmetal Alchemist seems interesting, but I wasn't clear on which series is preferable of the two available. I'd love some other suggestions as well. I'm planning on watching Samurai Champloo at some point once I buy it on Blu Ray, but other suggestions are welcome!

-Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is the one you want.
-Stein's Gate is great

Those would keep you busy for a bit!

-Attack on Titan: if you would like to think long term since it will be completed sometime in the next year.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note

Both FMA series are good, and it's split between which one is preferred.

Brotherhood stays far more true to the manga, while the original series goes off and does its own thing. So personally I find them both worth the watch, the original and then brotherhood.

The main issue with brotherhood is it assumes you watched the first series or read the manga so the first like 9 episodes cover the first 26 or so of the original series (though some details differ) so it goes way too fast through them for most first time viewers to follow everything.

Before we get to any other thoughts though, Dub or Sub? No judgement here, but if you only watch dubs that limits some shows to recommend

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
-Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is the one you want.
-Stein's Gate is great

Those would keep you busy for a bit!

-Attack on Titan: if you would like to think long term since it will be completed sometime in the next year.

Thanks. I'll definitely check out attack on titan when it finishes.

I played through the visual novel of Stein's Gate already. Do you think it would still be worth watching the anime?

Before we get to any other thoughts though, Dub or Sub? No judgement here, but if you only watch dubs that limits some shows to recommend

So far I've stuck with dubs, just so I can grind in pso2 or other games while I'm watching. I'm not opposed to watching a sub, though.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

I played through the visual novel of Stein's Gate already. Do you think it would still be worth watching the anime?

So far I've stuck with dubs, just so I can grind in pso2 or other games while I'm watching. I'm not opposed to watching a sub, though.
I watch tons of dubs for similar reasons, but I was mostly asking because I like recommending Bakuman to death note fans

www.hulu.com

https://www.hulu.com/series/bakuman-1227fee0-4b9c-4250-843a-0b6d7ea57d61

The creators of Death Note return with this inspiring tale about the power of dreams. Students Mashiro and Takagi aspire to become professional manga artists. As they team up to pursue their goal, the pair learns what it takes to make it in the manga industry, sharing laughs, tears, romance, the...

it's from the same creators and feels similar despite the fact it's about two people making manga instead :P

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018

Oh I just thought of a couple more:

-Durarara: great in the cowboy Bebop/Stein's gate/death note kind of side of things and so long it can keep you for a while.
-Planet With: balls to the walls Mecha compressed into like 12 episodes

I have no idea what Stein's Gate VN covers. Someone else can probably comment on that comparison.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking for some recommendations of what to watch next.

Guilty Crown
AnoHana
Angel Beats
Hand Shakers
W'z
Angels of Death
Chain Chronicle
Free!
Majin Bone
Ace of Diamond
Kuroko's Basketball

*Resetera Anime of the Decade Results should be soon, and lots of people use the sites anime ranking lists for reccomendations, so definitely look out for it*

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Guilty Crown
AnoHana
Angel Beats
Hand Shakers
W'z
Angels of Death
Chain Chronicle
Free!
Majin Bone
Ace of Diamond
Kuroko's Basketball

*Resetera Anime of the Decade Results should be soon, and lots of people use the sites anime ranking lists for reccomendations, so definitely look out for it*

Yes I agree our Anime of the Decade should be a good list. But may be skewed toward our more unique taste : *looks at Ping Pong and Mob Psycho artstyke*

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know when Haikyuu comes back ?

Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note

Sadly with FMA situation is ... complicated and not much of a consensus as to the "proper" answer to your question exists. The problem is that 2003 version gradually (ąfter first half) diverges from the source material like GoT while the Brotherhood really rushes through the early material the 2003 already covered. Imo if you don't have time to watch both, the next best option is to watch at least around ~ 25 eps of 2003 and then switch to Brotherhood. That way you still get the early setup and then the manga faithful expansion on that as well as ending.

Beyond that, keeping it mostly similar to your picks: Fate/Zero, Soul Eater, Bungou Stray Dogs, Steins;Gate, Mononoke (tv series not movie.)

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
These virtual conventions are a bust. Like zero new information about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.