• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Steelbook for it looks soooo nice! Another series I'm way passed due on a re-watch.
Same. I don't think my SO has ever seen that or Escaflowne so perhaps I will get around to watching those with them sometime.

I don't remember much about RahXephon except it was Eva like, and I liked it better than Eva when I watched it like... oh.... 15 years ago or so lol.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I don't remember much about RahXephon except it was Eva like, and I liked it better than Eva when I watched it like... oh.... 15 years ago or so lol.

I had a Pokemon/Digimon moment with those series :x When Digimon came out, I was originally all like "Pokemon is DUMB, Digimon is where it's at!!" and then did the same with loving Eva until RahXephon came out and then trashing it for a while >_> I enjoy them all NOW, but was just such a fandom-backer person back when I was young.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
I had a Pokemon/Digimon moment with those series :x When Digimon came out, I was originally all like "Pokemon is DUMB, Digimon is where it's at!!" and then did the same with loving Eva until RahXephon came out and then trashing it for a while >_> I enjoy them all NOW, but was just such a fandom-backer person back when I was young.

*Cries in being a modern Digimon fanboy*

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Digimon is just a pokemon knock off.

only good thing to come from it is

also don't let my SO see this post... They will scold me for being stupid again lol

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you def didn't listen to any of the OP themes in less than 1 min >_>
listen to the full themes... nah.
but I did check out three songs for about 15-20 seconds each with some skipping around and nothing was interesting :P
hpHjhcn.png

why would I force myself to listen to the full version of a boring song :P?

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie: Mugen Train

(Thx to PlayStation Video)

Well...this movie is awesome. God tier animation, drama, action, fun stuffs (Zenitsu, Inosuke...This guys... :D ), and that ending... I want to see the new season.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Holyshit kill me.

Glad that as a German we just got german version of the superior Wada songs.
:P
but that digimon theme is almost as iconic as

No one but digimon nerds would talk about a Wada version.

:3

yes, I'm totally bored and not being all that serious right now. And yes I do typically just do quick checks of songs to see if anything catches my interest.
I'll typically check out a few seconds here or there and if anything catches my interest go back and listen to the full song, if not I move on. I find a ton of songs doing this on youtube :P

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
zulux21 how can this not drive you to dance while holding your credit card???

because it sounds like generic shonen anime song from the 90s or 00s? (trolling aside I really don't care for a lot of the shonen songs from that time, I legitimately don't really like ch la head cha la either. It's not terrible, but it's not a song I wouldn't call it a good song either. They'd never end up on my playlist. Granted some of them eventually grow on me such as the major opening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik7I6sUDAdM . though I prefer the season 6 version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l62pw6Is_Ks )

if you are going to get me to be excited about an opening from the 90s or 00s make it sound different.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Oh no. Here's what I grew up with and boy it still gives me shivers to this day (I don't even like this show now).

Good or bad shivers? Props for using the original song and just translating/localizing it into the local language. Sounds like Germany did a lot too, and when they didn't, still managed to do neat things like with the Sailor Moon opening. At least for dub Sailor Moon, even in english, the melody of the original song had mostly been kept from Moonlight Densetsu.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Good or bad shivers? Props for using the original song and just translating/localizing it into the local language. Sounds like Germany did a lot too, and when they didn't, still managed to do neat things like with the Sailor Moon opening. At least for dub Sailor Moon, even in english, the melody of the original song had mostly been kept from Moonlight Densetsu.
the german one piece opening is awesome

full version

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
because it sounds like generic shonen anime song from the 90s or 00s? (trolling aside I really don't care for a lot of the shonen songs from that time, I legitimately don't really like ch la head cha la either. It's not terrible, but it's not a song I wouldn't call it a good song either. They'd never end up on my playlist. Granted some of them eventually grow on me such as the major opening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik7I6sUDAdM . though I prefer the season 6 version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l62pw6Is_Ks )

if you are going to get me to be excited about an opening from the 90s or 00s make it sound different.

How is using Tank not cheating???? I think those Digimon and DBZ OPs are timeless! But I do agree that they are aligned with many other lesser songs. These are more of what I think is great (and not shonen-esque) :

(From the 90s folks, I am too young too have many non-shonen memories from back then)

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018

Good ones!!!! Fuck COVID for taking Ricardo Silva from us.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
How is using Tank not cheating???? I think those Digimon and DBZ OPs are timeless! But I do agree that they are aligned with many other lesser songs. These are more of what I think is great (and not shonen-esque) :

I actually have a fairly limited number of anime openings/endings that I actually have for my playlists.
In general I prefer listening to songs I can sing along with, so unless the anime opening/ending is in english, or extremely catchy/fun/interesting I usually don't listen to it outside of watching the anime.

and this is not intended to be an attempt to make you watch Nana... but it will come off as one anyway lol

but Nana for example has a ton of openings and endings on my general playlist

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
I actually have a fairly limited number of anime openings/endings that I actually have for my playlists.
In general I prefer listening to songs I can sing along with, so unless the anime opening/ending is in english, or extremely catchy/fun/interesting I usually don't listen to it outside of watching the anime.

and this is not intended to be an attempt to make you watch Nana... but it will come off as one anyway lol

but Nana for example has a ton of openings and endings on my general playlist

While I have a massive playlist of OP/ED I often fish through it or use it as a reminder of stuff. I do have another that is just the score of stuff that I really like and those i will sit through for an hour. *Plays the Sarazanmai score*

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
While I have a massive playlist of OP/ED I often fish through it or use it as a reminder of stuff. I do have another that is just the score of stuff that I really like and those i will sit through for an hour. *Plays the Sarazanmai score*

Can't imagine the number of times I've listened to Kazuki's theme. Yukari Hashimoto is the absolute GOAT and the perfect composer for post-Utena Ikuhara.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Phat Dog Studios is doing a read through of Volume 1 of the Spider LN on Twitch. Good way of getting a feel for what the show has left out, especially with regard to Shun's chapters, and whether or not you'd be interested in reading them.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I have a ton of super robot spirits album stuff in my regular playlist. Plus some random Gundam albums and a couple OPs. Mostly mecha. Think I have a Lupin the Third opening or two

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Can't imagine the number of times I've listened to Kazuki's theme. Yukari Hashimoto is the absolute GOAT and the perfect composer for post-Utena Ikuhara.

The entire album is straight fire. I don't think I could pick a favorite but it would be probably one of Enta's tracks. Folks give it a go (even if the show isn't your cup of tea 😂)

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
So this is what I get for listening to some digimon songs....
EuTqYCx.png

Youtube is recommending Butterfly posted by freaken Adolf Hitler -_-

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Turns out German OPs are dope.

What the hell happened with Naruto?

We unfortunately licensed the american version (so goodbye blood) and it started airing when lots of things were censored in series which is a shame. I still remember the golden days of DIA airing before two episodes of Dragon Ball Z at prime time (20:15 for germany).

Strange but cool times

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I remember playing the Sakura OP and ED over and over after finding them on some DBZ fan page as a teen... but I unironically like the english theme song. Regardless of what they did to the show, it's catchy.
no shame there.

is catchy :P

When you're in a bad mood and open the anime OT to a bunch of sacrilegious comments by zulux21:

drpqMGS.png

That said, due to posting some NANA I'll overlook today's transgression.

At least I'm pretty obvious when I'm trolling with stuff because I'm bored :P

Everything aside though, I've never managed to get into digimon at all.
Grew up on Pokemon and was on that side of the war.... and then once I grew out of the war phase just never got into digimon.

It doesn't help that when I was finally open to give the digimon franchise a real try...

happened....

and then they didn't actually dub the game...
WHO THE HELL RELEASES A DUBBED OVER TRAILER BUT THEN RELEASES THE GAME SUB ONLY!!!!!!!!!

and because of that, I've never gotten around to playing the game lol.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
no shame there.

is catchy :P

At least I'm pretty obvious when I'm trolling with stuff because I'm bored :P

Everything aside though, I've never managed to get into digimon at all.
Grew up on Pokemon and was on that side of the war.... and then once I grew out of the war phase just never got into digimon.

It doesn't help that when I was finally open to give the digimon franchise a real try...

happened....

and then they didn't actually dub the game...
WHO THE HELL RELEASES A DUBBED OVER TRAILER BUT THEN RELEASES THE GAME SUB ONLY!!!!!!!!!

and because of that, I've never gotten around to playing the game lol.

You silly goose, 99% of the game is text. Why would they bother. Play it! It's probably the best thing Digimon in the last 10 years.

I was quite happy with the dub of season 1 and 2 when I rewatched the series as they came out.
I was surprised at how good the dub for it was given how niche of a show it likely is.

is also catchy :P

This i know. And it's fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.