• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Talentless Nana 2
While I know they were going for several tense scenes where Nana was in danger of slipping up, it just came off as flat. Even the twist at the end didn't seem to have any punch or surprise. More like, here it is. I think the only interesting thing was the open and how it recontextualizes what the show is about, though I wonder if that would have been better suited to be revealed later. You think she's there trying to take out these monsters that have infiltrated this school, but then it's revealed they are the monsters.

I'll keep watching, but it's not impressed past the first episode.

The Day I Became a God 1
Far more hilarious than I expected a show about the end of the world to be. Odin is a fucking delight.

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Detective Conan 983-984

Man I really wish canon episodes happened more than once a year :P

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Talentless Nana 2
While I know they were going for several tense scenes where Nana was in danger of slipping up, it just came off as flat. Even the twist at the end didn't seem to have any punch or surprise. More like, here it is. I think the only interesting thing was the open and how it decontextualizes what the show is about, though I wonder if that would have been better suited to be revealed later.

Nah, there is a reason why they introduce this very early on. The overall story is well thought out, but you don't really know that for a while.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Talentless Nana 1-2

Yup, I didn't think that this show would be about this. More Death Note and Danganronpa style than I expected.

Nana seems like the obvious villain here. It's like writing a story about killing the X-men, deciding they don't get to live cause they have the potential to kill is fucked up in itself. Kind of reminds me of Shin Sekai Yori in that way but the whole world is presented as a dystopia. I can't tell currently how I am supposed to be feeling about her and what she is doing cause I'm definitely not currently rooting for her.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Lulu 16

Oh Kuzaku you truly are a fool to the core, did not expect that revelation damn. Thank God this arc is over.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Taisou Zamurai 1

RW1J5o3.jpg

chm7jFc.jpg

IgEE3AG.jpg

Uuuuh, what?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
so if anyone was curious what it would be like to replace the opening of Kaguya love is war with Genshin Impact characters...

first half of the video is the full screen version, second half is the comparison video.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Code Geass S1 END

Wow what a cliffhanger.

This show is a beautiful mess. Just balls to the wall action with nonsense idealism and manipulation.

Top Characters:

1. Lloyd: he's funny as hell in his cynicism.
2. Rivalz: He is silly as hell too!

Worst Characters

1. Nina: WTF is this character even? She's fucking desk corners, she has a crippling case of xenophobia that would make HP Lovecraft proud. Geez.

2. Kuzaku: I hate this idiot so much. Like dude you work for a despot making class divisions and stomping all resistance , GTFO with your idea of peace. I hope he gets the same ending as his bae.

Stunner911

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wakanda
Code Geass S1 END

Wow what a cliffhanger.

This show is a beautiful mess. Just balls to the wall action with nonsense idealism and manipulation.

Top Characters:

Worst Characters

1. Nina: WTF is this character even? She's fucking desk corners, she has a crippling case of xenophobia that would make HP Lovecraft proud. Geez.

2. Kuzaku: I hate this idiot so much. Like dude you work for a despot making class divisions and stomping all resistance , GTFO with your idea of peace. I hope he gets the same ending as his bae.
It's just getting started

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Noblesse

was this supposed to be good? Because it's super trash. The Opening is trash, the animation and story is trash, the ending is trash. trash.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Noblesse

was this supposed to be good? Because it's super trash. The Opening is trash, the animation and story is trash, the ending is trash. trash.

As someone who enjoyed the manhwa a lot, episode 1, or 2? if we count the OVA, was not good by any stretch of the imagination.

Be warned that the series is extremely repetitive in its narrative structure and gets really boring in its final arc, but the first couple of arcs are so fucking hype. Like balls to the walls my heart is about to explode levels of hype.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who enjoyed the manhwa a lot, episode 1, or 2? if we count the OVA, was not good by any stretch of the imagination.

Be warned that the series is extremely repetitive in its narrative structure and gets really boring in its final arc, but the first couple of arcs are so fucking hype. Like balls to the walls my heart is about to explode levels of hype.
In general. All Manhwas I've been told to read (GoH, TOG, GOH and Noblesse) suffer from shit writing, at least GoH was decently animated, which made me watch it.

Noblesse tho, yeah, to the trash it goes.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Code Geass S1 END

Wow what a cliffhanger.

Top Characters:

Worst Characters

Congratulations.gif

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Digimon Adventure (2020) 19
This was very Star Wars, I liked it. Nice twist at the end, didn't expect that.

Talentless Nana 2
I like Nana. Evil superheroes have been a thing for a while, though. I hope there's a bit more to it than that.

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Talentless Nana 1-2

I dig it. Was pleasantly surprised at the relatively simple solution at the end, was expecting something a lot more convoluted and elaborate.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Naked Olympics 21

Taking a page from American hippies to use music to stop the war. With that END song bard, who would want to fight??

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Lelouch S2 1-3

So they just can't get an OP that can match COLORS. Shame.

This season is a little tedious given the major choice in narrative they made. Not bad, but certainly a harsh change of pace lol. Lol at this whole brother thing, but he seems to be cool enough. I am glad Kozaku is quickly sliding down the stupid slippery slope he chose, baka.

Oct 25, 2017
Maesetsu! 1

It's like K-On girls have entered the comedy's world and it may suit them perfectly. Also, her repetitive joke was pretty cute (And bombed AF).

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Just started watching Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
O shit, this show is actually really good?! Was not ready for those first 3 episodes.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
The Day I Became God episode 1

Wow, she's god damned loud. Also, why does she switch became "we" and "I?"

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Taiso Samurai / The Gymnastics Samurai 01
Didn't know what to expect, but I have a natural interest in Gymnastics so I was intrigued. Very cute and I am interested in seeing what happens.

Hypnosis Mic 02
Still ridiculous, still love it. Actually enjoyed the music a little more in this ep. Looking forward to more

DQ Dai 02
Great animation and being a big DQ fan, I enjoy it even more.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I don't understand how something becomes so big. I mean it's solid manga (and with ufotable at the helm even better anime adaption) but I didn't find it that special when you compare it to other shonen series.

Honestly the time period and the aesthetic of the manga really resonates with Japan. Also the huge focus on family values is something that people love about the series. I'd say there are a lot of factors on why people love the series.

Also the character designs are really unique and vibrant imo.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Great show. Bad movie.
Ah that's disappointing to hear.
I'm looking forward to watching it, probably tomorrow at the pace I'm going right now.

It sounds like between the show and movie, they've only adapted a little over half of the source material, right? Hopefully they'll make a second season so it can end on a high note.

Status
Not open for further replies.