• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
Gochuumon is better than Flying Witch.

hard disagree, Flying Witch is a SoL with a lot of heart.

Strike Witches 1
yep that's Strike Witches alright, with even more CG than before. well executed CG on the whole tbf, but occasionally distracting.

Kuma Bear 1
eh. title character is cute enough but the whole thing felt as flat as the artstyle.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm trying to watch I Want to Eat Your Pancreas, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Anyone know where to legally watch that movie? I've found a few places to buy the blu-ray, which I'm willing to do, but I'd prefer digital.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Good luck to people who didn't play the Higurashi VN or watch the original anime before this lol

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017

😂 wakanim literally doesn't have enough manpower for all the titles funi scored this season.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Good luck to people who didn't play the Higurashi VN or watch the original anime before this lol
I started to watch this anime even though I didn't play the VN and watched the original anime, because it was advertised as a remake. But after this 2nd episode I don't think it is convenient to continue, even though the premises are really interesting. I wasn't spoiled and of course didn't understand the references to possible spoilers, but I read that people now consider this adaptation a sequel.

Last edited:

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah pretty crazy, I mean I guess the anime-onlys wouldn't know but

I was not expecting them to spoil some of the endgame twists right off the bat lol. Gonna be an interesting ride, new stuff to see for anime-onlys and source readers alike!

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
D in Franxx 19-21

haha what?
Did some intern trip over themselves and mixed in an entirely different script from another show.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Adachi to Shimamura - 1
Ready for my Yuri Bait to string me along all season.

Akudama Drive - 1
Holy shit. What a (visual) treat this turns out to be. Well done Studio Pierrot.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
I guess even Higurashi
couldn't escape the "Sequel of a clear finished story" they are doing in recent times. Given how conclusive Saikoroshi was, I wonder how R07 plans to not fuck the themes of the last episode.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
there are a lot of reasons to not like this show, girls "breasting boobily everywhere" doesn't seem to be one of them

in fact, this season seems to have an extreme lack of girls breasting boobily anywhere

onii-sama, save me
Nope, I'm good without the liquid boobs. Your can keep them.

D in Franxx 19-21

haha what?

Did some intern trip over themselves and mixed in an entirely different script from another show.
I feel like we warned you or something? Idk, can't recall 🤔

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
New key visual for the Higurashi New anime after the 2nd episode's reveal that it's not actually just a remake.

Ej0LQgNWoAM5t8F

I wonder if we'll actually see that older Rika outside of monologues.

Oct 25, 2017
Potential spoilers
New key visual for the Higurashi New anime after the 2nd episode's reveal that it's not actually just a remake.

Ej0LQgNWoAM5t8F

I wonder if we'll actually see that older Rika outside of monologues.
Also
I think you can see Featherine in the OP.

7aiHDh2.png

If this is actually a
direct Umineko connection that would be amazing.

42dd7a37d4fc2822fffc95862fcc4cba.png

is that st. lucia?

Feb 12, 2019
Oh shit, guess I need to pay attention to the new Higurashi anime if they're going to pull a Rebuild of Evangelion.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
so what you're saying is I should watch the original first before the new season?

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
The second episode straight up spoil one of the main twists.

But you shouldn't watch the original because the original anime is awful. Read the VN instead.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Noblesse 1

Well that was funny in a craptastic kind of way. Just all over the place. I might just watch to see more nonsense. Fuck it I'll ship the red haired guy with the *checks notes*...800 year old vampire.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The new Higurashi op obviously can't compare to the original, but it still slaps

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
wait so higurashi is a hidden reincarnation sequel is that what ur saying

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Higurashi 2

Love to be immediately rewarded for binging all of the VNs over the past few months. I have small concerns but am pretty excited!

One thing I will say is that I do think it would be more effective to have not shown that first scene until later, but maybe it's better to say it directly than to let it linger further.
It would have been neat to first realize something was actually up through Keiichi briefly remembering the end of Onikakushi. Though I'd already heard that this one had spoilers anyway, so.
Same. Don't think I plan on watching the original either, so at least I can free up some time this packed anime season?

Yes, time you can go play 8 VNs in.

wait so higurashi is a hidden reincarnation sequel is that what ur saying
If you're actually curious...
this episode literally starts with a character being told that, without it being clarified if/when she died/was killed, she's about to be stuck living through the time period of the original story again

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
It's really too early to say it's an actual sequel though, Higurashi has a lot of spin off that use the original as a base and go in pretty different directions. More so
Rika being resurrected again
heavily contradicts Saikoroshi.

Oct 26, 2017
Akudama Drive 01

I rescind everything I said about Hypnosis Mic last week--THIS SHOW OOZES SO MUCH STYLE IT'S STYLISH AND SEXY.

Hope it's not the sleeper hit of the season--hell I didn't even know it existed til today but saw the key art display and thought the art looked cool.

Plot:
Long ago, a war broke out in Japan that pitted Kantou against Kansai and divided the country. Kansai became dependent on Kantou, but slowly the police and government began losing control of Kansai to criminals known as Akudama.

I admit the plot seems a little generic BUT the 1st series is anything but! It's visually sumptuous and the action and animation is on par if not better at times than an animated movie. Awesome and unique character designs, gorgeously detailed backgrounds and scenes and scene transitions (you really can tell the Danganronpa guys worked on this). I think it also has the writers of the Danganronpa series so you can expect at least some crazy shit going down plot wise

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Higurashi 2
My enthusiasm for this as been absolutely destroyed.
This bs is the same reason I gave up on Umineko.
The original had one of the best windup and conclusions in anime, it being a remake, prequel, interquel or side story would be fine but just had to be a sequel.
It just keeps going and going and going, why even care about specific arcs anymore
Ugh
OP and ED are bland as hell as well
I'll keep watching because its Higurashi and I already survived

Last edited:

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Funny you should mention Umineko.
I feel really sorry for people who haven't seen anything of this franchise before now.

Oct 25, 2017
Funny you should mention Umineko.
I feel really sorry for people who haven't seen anything of this franchise before now.
Im actually disappointed about it because my brother who absolutely loved the original was using it as an opportunity to show it to his fiance.
I had to call him the second I started it and tell him not to watch it.

Oct 27, 2017
Sigh I guess I need to rewatch Higurashi then. I barely remember it and was excited for the remake then this happens. I will skip it for now until I rewatch the old one.

Time to wrap up Re: Zero.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
higurashi 2
I've never played the VNs (nor do I really intend to tbh) and I never watched the original anime either. I'm seeing a bunch of stuff that doesn't make sense, but I was assuming it was all part of the original plot... If this really is a sequel, am I just wasting my time here?

Oct 25, 2017
Higurashi (2020) -2

Wow at the end of twist. I *highly* suggest for newcomers to watch the original Higurashi, play VNs, and then OVA first before further to get this part, I think.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
looks like i dodged a bullet by having zero interest in the new higurashi lol

Strike Witches 1
yep that's Strike Witches alright, with even more CG than before. well executed CG on the whole tbf, but occasionally distracting.

the wildest thing to me in this series full of wild things because the creator doesn't care about anyone else's opinion, is that when a character reaches the ripe old age of 20 (which is to say once she's legally an adult) she's kicked to the curb

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
the wildest thing to me in this series full of wild things because the creator doesn't care about anyone else's opinion, is that when a character reaches the ripe old age of 20 (which is to say once she's legally an adult) she's kicked to the curb

the thing that always gets me is when they put on their jet legs they grow animal ears and a tail. there's zero reason and nobody ever mentions it in the show, so stupidly pointless, the author just going "fuck it, let's throw this in as well".

Status
Not open for further replies.