• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I'm pleasantly surprised by Oregairu's 3rd season after a few episodes. It's a huge upgrade.
I think I'm starting reading the novels too.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

Funi has Log Horizon season 3. Wait...what?

Weird. It's not a horrible Sentai Dub so hopefully they get most of the cast back (a few of the voice could use some changes, but I don't recall having any issues with the main main cast, yes I need two mains there :P).

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It's not if there's not enough fanservice out there for those that want it, so this is nice to see.

Wandering Witch - The Journey of Elaina (Majo no Tabitabi) light novel series creator Jougi Shiraishi told Newtype in an interview that he had only one request for the anime staff: "Absolutely do not show underwear, please." He explained that he wanted the anime to be seen by a wide audience and that he did not want to limit the appeal.

www.animenewsnetwork.com

Wandering Witch - The Journey of Elaina Creator Asks Anime Staff Not to Show Panty Shots

Jougi Shiraishi also hints at what to expect from later episodes

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It's not if there's not enough fanservice out there for those that want it, so this is nice to see.
www.animenewsnetwork.com

Wandering Witch - The Journey of Elaina Creator Asks Anime Staff Not to Show Panty Shots

Jougi Shiraishi also hints at what to expect from later episodes
Already makes me like the show even more.
I'm also guessing that the LNs don't get lewd either, but I'm sure there's times where these things do get added into anime when it wasn't in the manga/LN. Just can't think of any examples off the top of my head...
I assume it's far easier to take some liberties that could be considered fanservice when adapting a LN or novel as you have character and world artwork to go off of, but no actual panels to use as reference. Using certain angles to sexualize a character more could be added without actually "adding" anything.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
In addition to Log Horizon season 3 being licensed by Funi, season 1 is gone from CR and HIDIVE. Still on VRV though.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pleasantly surprised by Oregairu's 3rd season after a few episodes. It's a huge upgrade.
I think I'm starting reading the novels too.

I thought the start was pretty good but then the main arc is whole nothingburger and then somehow they still rush the ending. Also had some other problems but I would be spoiling things.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Kakushigoto 12 END

Goodbye Lenin in my animu. Feels weird.

Finally managed to finish this. This final episode throws somewhat of a wrench into my general train of thought on this series but basically, until now, this was this weird show that I'd struggle to actually articulate any particular flaws of but at the same time, none of the constituent parts, the flash forwards, daddy&daughteru, comedy or Bakuman spin off ,were particularly accomplished and struggled to retain my attention, leaving me feeling pretty ambivalent about it all(Well, the Goto-Editor bits were fun)

But if the flash forwards were perhaps the weakest part of this eclectic mix and quickly grew stale in their vagueness, this ending kind of justifies the whole idea by providing a strong, emotional finish to the entire story. Sappy ? Yes. Needed a bit more time ? Also yes, but effective all the same and somewhat raises my opinion of the series as a whole.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
So far this season

Danmachi 3: hell yes
Kings Raid.... ugghh, production is terrible; lame
NASA-kun falls in love: hells yes, bring on the twists..
Railroad Girls....... umm, wtf was that 4 mins?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Naked Olympics 20

Finally, the naked Olympics begins! Felt like a scene from Pythagoras Switch (if anyone has seen those old videos online). Pretty sure that was a reference to that... Pretty sure the END was filmed in a Chippendales :x

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
So, Maesetsu has the two of the people from Lucky Star on it. I thought the designs look familiar (Lucky Star creator is doing the designs). The series composer of Lucky Star is also doing the composition of this series.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
All of these anime and I'm sitting here with Moriarty as my only show for the season (sequels/cont not withstanding)

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed Burn the Witch. Shame it's only 3 parts, but I understand there is no more source material to adapt outside of the one-shot lol. Really hope more will come in the future.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
God of Highschool Ep. 1 -13
I started this way back when it premiered but I completely forgot about it. As it turns out, I should not have remembered this show. The animation is stellar but that is not enough to save this show. Characters just appear, they fight, rinse and repeat. I did not know what was going on for the majority of this show's runtime: At first, they were fighting without any superpowers but then they had stands and godly powers and ???? And there is this cult that wants to destroy the world? But there is also this man with the shark powers who is the final antagonist of this season and he eats the key to become a god ??? The plot just moves too fast for me to really follow the narrative. The characters have mostly good designs but they are also very unremarkable, I don't think I remember more than a few names. Characters get powerups in the most predictable way. I am not familiar with the source material but I am certain that this adaptation failed to do the source material justice.

Overall, this was a dud.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
this nana show had a terrible first ep, and the "twist" was predictable. i said to myself "the only thing that could possibly happen that would be interesting at this point is <insert the twist>" and then when it happened i was disappointed that that was actually the twist lol

i imagine the second ep will have a different tone than the first, so i guess i won't drop it just yet

Is it bad that I watched the movie but remember next to nothing about it? I think he absorbed the blow of a nuke or something on a school trip
i remember there were nipples, and i think it doesn't chronologically follow the series . . . after watching the first ep of the new season, i kinda wanna go back and rewatch the first season

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Yashahime 1

Oh wow this hit my nostalgia feels. It has been 16 years since I saw all of these characters and I could not remember most of their names lol, glad they gave that refresh. I'm absolutely afraid of doing the math on their age because I remember Kagome being 15 and the owl said it's been 10 years....and these kids look like 10+.....soooooo that leaves me with some thin margins.

Also my thoughts spark from that last scene between Kagome and Inuyasha:

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
It was clear Talentless Nana was going to have a twist in retrospect, but it also could have been just a bad show. There are so many anime that you could categorize as "high schoolers with super powers, but one of them is hiding something ," but the show manages a twist that is also much more interesting that I was expecting.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Code G 4

Why is this so dramatic lol. I thought they looked like characters out of CLAMP and the saw their logo show up, hahaha. This show is going to be a "are we the baddies" deal isn't it? No way this kid doesn't get corrupted.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Climbing Girls episode 1

I think the animators realized half way through the episode that the girls need to cover up and slapped some weird film shit on their midriffs. Weird.

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle episode 1

"I think we kidnapped the wrong princess." Why no shit Sherlock. She's going to fuck you up before the hero gets to you.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
We've all seen Maria-sama ga Miteru.

I certainly hope there's no one here who hasn't. That would be a big problem for them.

Anyway this season Love Live is awesome, Majo no Tabitabi is awesome, Sigdrifta was pretty good, Assault Lily is awesome, Climbing Girls is ok.

Still looking forward to Adachi and Shimamura.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Watched the first episode of Wandering Witch. Was surprised at how much it felt like an Atelier spinoff (which is fine, I like Atelier!).

Watched Talentless Nana too. Was... Okay. I dig the nice, defined black outlines on the character designs. Twist was super obvious. My guess is that the suspicious other transfer student is actually a mind reader (though that may be a better idea than whatever the OG material came up with).

Couldn't watch Moriarty since it doesn't seem like Animelab will show the first episode a week ahead of schedule like Funimation :(

Dropped both Tonikaku Kawaii and Sport Climbing Girls after the first episode.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Really interesting hearing all the Nana throries. This must be what it's like when djinn is reading Furuba comments.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Yugioh 5Ds 46

You know, at least GX had the courtesy to wait until season 3 before committing mass murder. This is just confirming that cards and duel disks are deadly weapons at best even with completely normal people and need to be strictly regulated. At worst they're literal doomsday devices capable of killing hundreds in a single move. And that's before getting into the other elaborate traps and magic powers used to make duels more dangerous. Now I don't get why goals aren't achieved via elaborate traps and magic powers more often, or even just pure muscle given how buff some of these guys are, but at least everybody can respect a good card game.

At least Yusei finally has a more concrete goal, though he's still not that compelling. Jack is cool at least. Really liked his relationship with Carly. Aki is alright, but she's getting signs of being really attached to Yusei. The twins are alright, though Rua is causing way more problems than he's worth. I'm weirdly interested in what direction they take Godwin's character. He's a corporate bastard, but he's an oddly motivated corporate bastard who seems to have goals other than money and oppressing the poor. Kind of hoping he does end up having some depth even if he goes full evil.

May 9, 2019
Burn The Witch 1-3
Loved it. Ninny and Noel are very likable and their chemistry together is perfect. Balgo is annoying and a waste of space. Everything "important" about him should've just been given to Macy but of course, Shonen needs a male protagonist. Invested in this world and hoping to see more!

Edit-
Forgot to add Jujutsu Kaisen
Already read the first chapter before so nothing new but an interesting start. I only read the 1st chap so everything after this ep will be new.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Sailor Moon R 50
Wait, what? Moonlight Knight isn't Mamoru??

Sailor Moon R 51
This was great! Felt like a season 1 episode. Really cute stuff with Umino and Naru, the only couple I ship in this show. That joke with him in the sleeping bag was classic 🤣 And a new power up! Nice! I'm gonna miss the old transformation track, though.

Last edited:

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Why is no one talking about Great Pretender? Probably the best anime of the year so far, and one of my favorites from the past couple of years easily.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Netflix jail kind of kills discussion of a show. That said, yeah, it's super fun.
It really has no marketing whatsoever now that I think about it.. I stumbled upon it by a random comment in MAL. Shame though, it really is great and original with a fantastic plot & set of characters - and the art style is gorgeous imo

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
My girlfriend made me watch Strawberry Panic, which is terrible, so I think that covers all the basic Class S tropes.

Aoi Hana (anime and manga to a lesser extent) is a better primer on old school yuri.

Well they do cover a lot of the same tropes, but Strawberry Panic is like the soap opera version and Maria sama is the lets take everything super serious version. It's a classic! Aoi Hana I thought the anime was boring but the manga is a lot better. It's kind of like Sasameki Koto in that way.

Oct 27, 2017
I still have no internet connection so I haven't watched anything from this season yet. I got to a really intense part in Re: Zero then the internet had to go down (still not fixed and I have been waiting for 4 days now).

Anything I should keep an eye for once I get this sorted out? Wandering Witch sounds like a good time, Golden Kamuy 3 is on the list, Higurashi is on the list, Nana I heard is interesting so I will watch one episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.