• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Talentless Nana 01

Nakajima is the most bog standard protagonist with a super cliche power. Nana is pretty cute I guess.

(How did this even get ripped off Funi from what subs had it listed as, when it's not live from streaming? Backdoor rips? Don't think it even aired on tv yet, from the time zone I read)..

Ok, while I wait this already tells me what I need to know about this first episode. I'm excited for future eps.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Elaina - weird episode but it was an introduction to kick the story off so i'll forgive the odd pacing. The show is gorgeous. C2C does great work.

Love Live s3 - FUCK YES more Love Live. Holy shit, how much money is Sunrise throwing at this show? D:

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Elaina - weird episode but it was an introduction to kick the story off so i'll forgive the odd pacing. The show is gorgeous. C2C does great work.

Love Live s3 - FUCK YES more Love Live. Holy shit, how much money is Sunrise throwing at this show? D:
Love Live is their biggest franchise next to Gundam, so its no surprise they throw a lot of money at it. There is another Love Live anime in the works too coming soon. Its like how all the budget from Toei goes to Precure, while they throw the scraps at Dragon Ball.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Love Live is their biggest franchise next to Gundam, so its no surprise they throw a lot of money at it. There is another Love Live anime in the works too coming soon. Its like how all the budget from Toei goes to Precure, while they throw the scraps at Dragon Ball.

Another Love Live anime? you mean in addition to Nijigasaki School Idol Club? Cause that one just started airing yesterday.....

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Moriarty 1

Well that was exactly what I expected....I guess I'll keep Funimation for this show. Looks like this year will be 4/4 seasons with queerbait shows.

-Richard Jewel Detective.
-Woodpecker Poet Detective.
-Billionaire Detective.
-Moriarty Detective. (Prob that butler was blushing already)

I sense a pattern.
Bahaha, I enjoyed those shows enough to finish them, so it's in good company I guess. Will check it out later today. I'm interested in it because it's the director of Run with the Wind and a bunch of good episodes on random stuff like Dennou Coil, plus the Run with the Wind writer too (who also voiced Ippo? Wtf?).

Speaking of Dennou Coil, I'm desperate for more news on Mitsuo Iso's next writer/director project. The dude is a living legend and it's a travesty he's had to wait so long for another shot after making something so good.

Last edited:

KCS

Oct 27, 2017

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Healin' Good Precure 27

Why are Prunce and Rocket here? Are aliens walking among us? Feels like the 5th or so Asumi learning the human episode, and they're getting really old and stale by now. Also still don't like seeing Nodoka's family because they remind me of Asumi's living situation. Feels weird that Chiyu is consistently the best one at reading Asumi. At least the villains are good. Guiwaru was adorable going all science, and Daruizen seems to have soft-confirmed that they were once human. Cliffhanger oh boy. An infected Grace with the goal of turning her into a Byogen general can go south fast for the Cures. Would really like for this to be an ongoing issue haunting Nodoka for the rest of the season, but even 1 or 2 episodes could be interesting.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Liz and the Blue Bird

Yamada and Yoshida were obviously constrained by the source material (and probably internal company politics), but they crafted the finest yuri anime film I think we'll see for a long time. It's really fucking good, just beautiful cinematography and animation. The storybook sequences only further make me wish that Studio Ghibli hadn't been so goddamn sexist and terrible at fostering/promoting talented women. The visual storytelling on display is phenomenal along with the use of diegetic and non-diegetic music. The only visual blemish on the film is some dodgy 3DCG. Also the story is a little hard to follow at times due to how time flows and secondary characters I would probably know better if I watched Sound! Euphonium.

This is a beautiful film and I started crying as the credits rolled. Just rewatching the last scene does it for me. 😭

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Talentless Nana 1

I knew going in there was a twist, but that was literally the only thing I knew. Now it was easy to guess that Nana was going to kill Nakajima. I did think about her not having a power due to the title, but she did do a pretty convincing job of being a mind reader. I can get behind this premise, one normal girl killing a whole school of supers because she thinks they're a big threat or whatever. Please be as edgy as possible.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Digimon Adventure (2020) 18
Now that's what I'm talking about! Nidhoggmon looked awesome! Cool lasers, cool fight, loved the countdown. Wonder what just hatched...

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Bahaha, I enjoyed those shows enough to finish them, so it's in good company I guess. Will check it out later today. I'm interested in it because it's the director of Run with the Wind and a bunch of good episodes on random stuff like Dennou Coil, plus the Run with the Wind writer too (who also voiced Ippo? Wtf?).

Credit where it is due, the deduction work was absolutely on point. Moriarty laid out the case and his conclusion was completely logically consistent with observations AND I could follow as a watcher. Richard was just a how did you not notice Seiji/audience? Woodpeckers was a retrospective deduction that I don't think worked, granted I think that show is more about the main character than the mysteries...millionaire detective was just them asking HUESC for all the answers lol. I think this will be fairly interesting, perhaps cathartic to have a show where we are the baddies for once.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Digimon Adventure (2020) 18
Now that's what I'm talking about! Nidhoggmon looked awesome! Cool lasers, cool fight, loved the countdown. Wonder what just hatched...

I thought the visuals where great this episode.. but it was just so poorly animated, the bad guy didn't even move for most of the episode , just lasers call ming out of it's eyes lol.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Digimon Adventure 01 32
These last few episodes feels like the pace has slowed to molasses. At least Gatomon and Kari meet this episode.

I thought the visuals where great this episode.. but it was just so poorly animated, the bad guy didn't even move for most of the episode , just lasers call ming out of it's eyes lol.
I'm easily pleased when it comes to Digimon, it seems 😂

Dragon Quest Dai 1
Curse you for being good! 😡 Means I'll have to sub again to CR at some point.

Last edited:

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Finished up Re:Zero S2 Part 1. On paper, Ep. 13 could have been an episode on par with "From Zero" but the execution is lacking. I am happy that the witches aren't all inherently evil.

Last edited:

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019

Pretty cool video about blackness in anime. Discussion around it is trash as always so avoid comments.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Talentless Nana 1
Should have seen the twist coming from a mile a away and didn't. Very interesting, yet odd premise with how things are set up and what this show seems to actually be about.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Made in Abyss movie rules and I can't wait for season 2.

Though it would've been better if they had removed a few weird jokes.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Darling in the Franxx 15

That felt like an ending point.
Tbf if the show did end there and trimmed some of the stupid shit, id say the shows overall decent enough to good at times so far.
Still has lot of time to fall on its arse(and a lot of anime do fuck up badly in the last act), but id already put this notches above recent shows in the same genre like Captain Earth, Valvrave or Aldonah Zero.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Haven't been doing a good job posting on here, but with the amount of anime I'm watching this season I figured I'd try to jump back into the discussion thread. Atm, this is looking like the most anime I'm watching in a single season since probably 2018:

- Ikebukuro
- Osumatsu S3
- Akudama Drive
- Higurashi
- Jujutsu Kaisen
- Haikyuu
- Mahouka S2 (I don't remember half of S1, I just remember how ridiculously stupid and OP the MC was so gotta give this season a sniff)

Also gonna check out Burn the Witch since I've been hearing good things.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Tonikawa 1
As dumb as this whole thing is, this was an incredibly charming first episode. While Nasa's flustered demeanor was fun, I hope that does eventually calm down a bit.
Yea, that sounds like the Made in Abyss I know
I wouldn't call them jokes either, but it's sad because you could easily cut out the 3 seconds of screen time they get and nothing about the movie would have changed at all. I actually wished the production team could have cut all of that 3 seconds out.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Darling in the Franxx 15

Tbf if the show did end there and trimmed some of the stupid shit, id say the shows overall decent enough to good at times so far.
Still has lot of time to fall on its arse(and a lot of anime do fuck up badly in the last act), but id already put this notches above recent shows in the same genre like Captain Earth, Valvrave or Aldonah Zero.
Just stop here tbh, good ending point, nothing after it is worth it.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
SSSS.Dynazenon's first PV doesn't show much, but I'm still excited. SSSS.Gridman was probably my favourite Trigger show.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is the Burn the Witch anime covering the exact same stuff as the manga?

I wouldn't call them jokes either, but it's sad because you could easily cut out the 3 seconds of screen time they get and nothing about the movie would have changed at all. I actually wished the production team could have cut all of that 3 seconds out.

That's why I don't even bother with it after watching S1, too revolting

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
That's why I don't even bother with it after watching S1, too revolting
Which sucks, because I think it's a great series overall but has such a massive blot on it thanks to the mangaka being a creep. And that blot takes up a total of like 2mins of screen time across a season of anime and a full-length movie.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks to those that told me to avoid Rent a girlfriend. I really liked it. Kazuya is an idiot but he got heart. He reminds me of Eikichi Onizuka.

Last edited:

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
DQ Dai 1 - Fun action adventure, and it is nice to see all the creature designs in an anime.

Jujukaisen 1 - Ended up liking this more than I was expecting. Gives me a Ushio and Tora vibe so far.

With a Dog AND a Cat, Every Day is Fun 1 - The episodes only being a minute and a half has already made this the disappointment of the season so far. I enjoyed what there was, but even 5 minute episodes would make it better. This is like a clip show of a longer show that doesn't exist. It is cute and fine for what it is, but having to wait a whole week for the next minute or so is lame.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Talentless Nana 1
Should have seen the twist coming from a mile a away and didn't. Very interesting, yet odd premise with how things are set up and what this show seems to actually be about.

I love how they did it. The way they shot the promo video was completely intentional. There is still so much more to come though!

I just watched it, and it was happy that it looks to be a good adaptation of the manga. The OP at the end too hints at tons of stuff coming up, and I look forward to it! I'm honestly curious as to where they will cut it off, since the manga is still ongoing.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
This season is pretty nuts, half of the shows have yet to air and I'm already planning on watching like ten shows of the ones that did.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
In other news today, looks like Horrible died. I remember when they started as some edgy group to try and diss CR or whatever, and then just starting straight ripping their stuff (and taking donations too, I believe?), but apparently COVID did them in.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Tonikawa 1
As dumb as this whole thing is, this was an incredibly charming first episode. While Nasa's flustered demeanor was fun, I hope that does eventually calm down a bit.

It takes place in the same world as Hayate The Combat Butler, and that series started with child abandonment and Hayate plotting to kidnap and hold for ransom a rich girl.

Anyway, Tonikaku is really just the author bragging about how much he loves being a newlywed.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
I can't for the life of me figure out for the life of me how to change the queue order on Funimation. I change the shows around, but then they just go back to how they were set before. At this point it would be better for me to just watch the shows, and then they will show up on the watch queue instead. It is annoying, but most streaming services seem to be getting rid of the queue order editing in favor of last watched or last added.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I can't for the life of me figure out for the life of me how to change the queue order on Funimation. I change the shows around, but then they just go back to how they were set before. At this point it would be better for me to just watch the shows, and then they will show up on the watch queue instead. It is annoying, but most streaming services seem to be getting rid of the queue order editing in favor of last watched or last added.

Using Funi for the first time, and I'm not a fan of the UI. The Xbox app is slow and clunky (big images, and don't always load fast, which is an issue I've seen on a lot of these), and the phone app is weird. If no videos are up yet, it will say "0 videos" but still try and load stuff. You're right that the organization aspect is getting removed by pretty much all of these apps. The only one left I think, is Netflix, where you can organize your stuff however you want via PC. Netflix has my longest queue (since most I'm not worried with dropping contract with if it's a "Netflix Original", so they stay on queue for a bit till I get around to that backlog...) so I'm glad at the least, I can organize that.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Darling in the Franxx 15

Not exactly a high bar my dude, lol.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Fire Force S2 14

A child abuser .....Lord he practically sounds like a pedophile. Shinra better bash his skull in.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Burn the Witch

Overall was disappointed. The premise was cool at first, but I hoped the vagueness of it all eventually lead to some answers by the end. The show left a ton of questions unanswered, and in general I was not a big fan of the ending at all. Hearing there won't be any more parts any time soon means this scores even lower for me overall. Wasn't a waste of my time, but it also wasn't what I had hoped it would be.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
i forgot how fucked made in abyss

i'll probably forget again by the time something else comes out and end up watching that too . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.